Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72910 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Disbarred, Dismembered, Close Enough [14/16]
« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2016, 11:06:17 am »

Mod Jack:I use Extinct on Tawarochir
SalsacookiesWhat is that supposed to do? And why did you post it here instead of a PM?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:23 am »

OGS: It will show us whether the killer is Town, Mafia, or Third Party.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:51 am »

OGS: It will show us whether the killer is Town, Mafia, or Third Party.
Why didn't you PM it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2016, 11:10:00 am »

I wanted everyone to see the result. Tawar died by Third Party.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2016, 11:22:40 am »

I don't think that is allowed in the rules. I think it violates this one:

- No Quoting of the Mod in relation to PMs. You are free to quote anything in the thread. You may also paraphrase.
Since it is your role that you are wanting Jack to talk about in the thread.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2016, 11:25:27 am »

FoU

I think you, FoU and TBF were the unhelpful ones, actually.
Explain, please.

"ANSWERTHEQUESTIONANSWERTHEQUESTIONANSWERTHEQUESTIONANSWERTHEQUESTIONstickykeysANSWERTHEQUESTIONANSWERTHEQUESTION"

Stellar scum-hunting, man.

OSG
I now know that is was a mistake to lynch roo (because of the role flip) but during the day he was hindering any attempts to scumhunt. He wasn't answering any questions, and he deflected any attempts at actual scumhunting by claiming to be scum himself. I feel justified in lynching him because now we will be able to find real scum without obnoxious town players claiming scum.

He wasn't hindering anything, you had the option to ignore him - especially given you know he does this or something similar in every single game he plays here - yet you still continued trying to draw blood from that stone. Why didn't you look elsewhere?

He didn't claim scum until right at the end, which is when I (utterly stupidly) allowed myself to be strong-armed into doing something I didn't really want to do. You were looking for reasons to get rid of roo, as exemplified by your first five posts being fairly standard RVS play, and then every single post on D1 after that being why we should lynch roo.

Why shouldn't we think you're scum going after the easy-lynch?

PPE: I don't think salsacookies quoted Jack..? He just posted in-thread that he wanted to use a power, which Jack (presumably) rightly PM'd him, 'cause it would confirm that Salsa has that particular power.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2016, 11:27:06 am »

I don't think that is allowed in the rules. I think it violates this one:

- No Quoting of the Mod in relation to PMs. You are free to quote anything in the thread. You may also paraphrase.
Since it is your role that you are wanting Jack to talk about in the thread.
I don't see any PM quoting going on here.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2016, 11:29:16 am »

hector:Yep, that's what I did. Second game of Mafia ever, so mistakes are being made.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2016, 11:29:36 am »

hmm. I never thought we were allowed to have our actions in the actual game. Because then everybody would do it, right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2016, 11:41:08 am »

hmm. I never thought we were allowed to have our actions in the actual game. Because then everybody would do it, right?

... no. Do you want to reveal what powers you have to any other teams in the game?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2016, 11:53:44 am »

Players are allowed to claim their actions.  Players may not outright quote my PMs while claiming their actions, but they may claim their actions.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2016, 12:07:42 pm »

None of us want to lynch TBF, roo. What's necessary is for you to convince us why we want to lynch TBF and not you.
And with you shutting down any conversation about why we should lynch TBF, you're not doing a good job of convincing us to lynch TBF.
Which is why we want you to explain why you think TBF is scum. We're trying to give you a decent chance at convincing us to lynch TBF, but as long as you refuse to explain why TBF is scummy we won't lynch TBF.

So the conversation is like this:

Roo: "Lynch TBF! Because he's scum!"
Town: "Why should we?"
Roo: "I'm not going to say!"
Town: "Then we're not going to lynch him. Answer our questions"
Roo: "No questions! Lynch him!"
Town: "Not lynching him! Answer!"
Roo: "No! Lynch TBF!"
Town: "No! Answer!"

It's a stalemate of "No!" there. Someone is going to have to break it, and since the majority is the scarier side, I think Roo should be the one to break the stalemate and decide to answer the questions.

@fallacy I already answered that
No you didn't.

Flabort: I think voting for whomever I see as scummy is more important than voting for what others see as scummy. Regardless of activity.
Good, good. Followup question: Who do you think is more of a suspect: Roo, TBF, or someone unrelated entirely?
This, specifically the bolded part in the middle strikes me as a little bit scummy.  It was clear Roo wasn't going to answer questions, why not just ignore him then if people have been saying this is his norm.  It seems to me you were willing to let a pointless discussion go on insted of moving on and doing something productiveflabort.  Also you stated that as if there were only two choices while I'm positive Hector has been saying to just ignore him.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2016, 12:08:59 pm »

EBWOP. This was on a reread, as it was clear I didn't put enough stock in the yelling at Roo bit the first time through.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2016, 12:16:11 pm »

So...
The Moonlit Shadow: What do you mean "WILL work well"?  Tawa's dead, unless you have zombies.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2016, 12:19:15 pm »

Thoughts on that mark thing: it's possible that there's an arsonist, though their targets aren't normally public knowledge I think. Could be a Death Note type of thing, I guess, though that'd be private as well.

FoU Considering how fast you were to accuse people of chainsaw defending roo when they didn't agree with you about him being scum, I think it's fair for me to be suspicious of you for your massive tunneling on him.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 65