Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72944 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Disbarred, Dismembered, Close Enough [14/16]
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2016, 12:22:59 am »

So now we know that there are third party in this game.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2016, 12:30:46 am »

What is this marked thing?  Someone please explain.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2016, 12:40:37 am »

or... two mafia teams. Nah, with 3 mafia members, this almost certainly means 3rd parties.

What is this marked thing?  Someone please explain.
Probably someone's power; previous tomes that I have seen powers that mark people the marks have been purely for psychological purposes, such as making the marked person potentially have a nervous breakdown trying to figure out what being marked means. No garuntees that it's the same in this game, though.

Intriguing that no townies died; a gambit? Vig? SK? Many possibilities, it would seem.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2016, 12:41:27 am »

So...for posterity, I only got till this until I logged out.
When I logged in today, hello 26+ pages -_-
Will give post later, because I've found nice things--especially with how things escalated on Roo.

Origami
Explicitly stating such? Why? And just as importantly: How?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2016, 12:42:34 am »

Also due to, rehearsal, Jurassic World, Homework, School, Class and more homework I was about to post when I saw that someone had been hammered, reading through day 1 I saw that half of it was normal RVS and the other half was yelling at Roo, honestly even though he was playing like he does when he is town I'm okay with his lynch as he was being really obnoxious. 

Mafia died in the night, Yay! That means either a vig kill or a redirector, or it means third parties, it just makes the game a tiny bit more complicated.

I'll answer all the day 1 questions in the next post.

~~~
Ninja

~~~~
reads post

another Ninja
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2016, 12:45:34 am »

flabort: He wanted to put me in the spotlight and startle me into doing something stupid. As I am a slow fellow, I'll wait until later before I begin to formulate my opinions and begin pointing my finger at others. No Vote.
So did you manage to avoid doing anything stupid or being startled? It's day 2 already, courtesy of roo, do you have any opinions formulated yet?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 06, 2016, 12:46:47 am »

So... nobody going to say anything about roo being town? 'cause I wana say "I told you so", but whatevs man.

Anyhow... not sure if we'll gain much trying to figure out why a townie wasn't killed. Could argue that there's more than one scum-team, or perhaps we have an SK or the like that targeted Tawarochir, who was performing the kill for the mafia.

Not sure if we'll gain much looking at the roo lynch, but I did notice that OSG was going after him for non-scumminess reasons initially, and given his experience, should probably be looked into for that. One particularly damning piece of evidence to that respect is the fact he acknowledged that roo acts like this all the time, regardless of alignment, but was voting for him anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2016, 01:09:24 am »

Everybody: What is your favorite song?
Not what I sent in, but honestly it changes from time to time however right now its Home by Phillip Phillips

Everyone: How would you go about finding mafia in a game like this?
Exactly as if this is a normal game, just realizing that we are all power roles, for real this time.

Roo, FillipK, Tiruin You have a 1-shot daykill (with post restriction) which you must use before you answer any other questions; who do you kill? I am aware that the three of you are more likely to object to using a daykill without knowing much about the game, but second question: if you could undo the kill later, would that change your choice?
No one, if I was town I would bite the bullet and wait till everyone posted more for info, probably lurk as to not draw suspicion to myself; however if I could undo the kill I would fire away and hope to get lucky, probably use dice or Random.org to determine who to shoot, and if I hit town I would undo it when I could, after all they would be confirmed town and a big plus to the town.

Tomasque, fillipk, Teneb [who was once named Deathsword ;_;]
In the hypothetical scenario that you are a Jack of All Trades [Night 1-shot kill/protect/redirect], what order would you use them, or would you use them all, within the first 3 days?
Depends, I would probably start with the protect or redirect, depending if I wanted to save myself or someone else, after that I would use the other two when I thought they were necessary, probably within the first three nights because all games I've been in I'm dead by then.

Quote from: Tawa
Something about massclaims
In this game, everyone would claim their role and be part of the town, all we would know is who is doing what, could be helpful but then scum know who to target so its a wash for me, at least in this setting.

Also I change what I said, its 25% RVS stage and 75% yelling at Roo, and reading back through it nothing really struck me as suspicious except thebiggerfish being ultra defensive against the Roo attack, which is what I think edged Roo on.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ninja - I didn't notice that, but I think the excuse there is that Roo was being obnoxious and disrupted a lot of day 1, don't know if its a good enough excuse though, like you said we could have just ignored him, yeah I'm gonna vote OSG too

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2016, 03:53:07 am »

30 Minutes of Pursuit - Cornered
Had i knew this is a no-word music and still could enter the game, i would choose one instead. (Electric Organism, or something other)
I'm gonna vote OSG too
fillipk, in what occasion you're voting OSG?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 06, 2016, 05:05:53 am »

Quick post since I'm short on time, but I'd like to explain that the reason behind my total absence in D1 was that I had zero internet access outside my phone. This has only been partially fixed, but it should be more than enough for mafia. I'll make a bigger post later today, because I am currently short on time.

THAT'S interesting.  Mafia didn't night kill?
They did. I was the target.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 06, 2016, 05:09:24 am »

Yes, I do, flabort. What were you doing visiting Teneb?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 06, 2016, 05:57:58 am »

... And iff Teneb was the target and flabort was their only visitor...
Salsacookies, were you watching Teneb or tailing flabort?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 06, 2016, 06:16:59 am »

TBF: I was tailing flabort, who visited Tenab
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 06, 2016, 06:24:29 am »

Hm.  So, suspicious, but not damning evidence.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 06, 2016, 06:29:24 am »

We just need to wait for his explanation for his visit
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65