Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 109

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem OOC: Praisin' ain't easy  (Read 99001 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem OOC
« Reply #855 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:51 am »

Ariston wouldn't want to do it, but he'd probably back Hollow!Damon up to a pit, then parry and riposte him off into the abyss.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 20, 2016, 08:45:32 am »

COWARD
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 20, 2016, 09:00:28 am »

>falling for the obvious bait and launching an attack that will get you parried and killed

git gud scrublord
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 20, 2016, 09:17:49 am »

>implying a hollow has any sort of intelligence past what is required to attack someone
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 20, 2016, 09:22:49 am »

>being a hollow in the first place

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 20, 2016, 09:28:50 am »

>suggesting a person losing literally all hope in the crappy world they live in and becoming a full zombie is their fault
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 20, 2016, 09:34:52 am »

>being a person in the first place
>existing

:P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #862 on: December 20, 2016, 09:37:28 am »

Yo yo yo

The handbook you posted at the beginning of this thread is dead and I am interested in what the hell this system is.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 20, 2016, 09:51:52 am »

But I can mourn them while they're still with us and can share in our feelings (also while being cheery with them too). When they become hollow...
"Why do you look so sad, Alain?"
"Because you're doomed to become a mindless, murderous corpse."

Alain for squad morale officer!

>implying a hollow has any sort of intelligence past what is required to attack someone
Well, multiple times hollows have set simple ambushes for the player (undead thieves in lower undead burg, the hollow that runs into the tunnel in the upper) so some seem to have some vague thoughts beyond immediate violence.

Yo yo yo

The handbook you posted at the beginning of this thread is dead and I am interested in what the hell this system is.
Yo yo yo

The system is a slightly modified version of fef1.3, which is, unsurprisingly, based on fire emblem.
It has its flaws, it must be said, but it's still pretty decent.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 20, 2016, 09:52:57 am »

It's based on the Fire Emblem games. It's a small to mid (based on the FEF in question; this one is 'small' but most have 10-15 characters) squad-based tactical system that relies a lot on character interaction - the more characters interact with each other, the stronger a bond they can form, and they get bonuses based on their inherent element and the strength of their relationship with the person they're fighting near. Each character can also choose from a pool of communal skills that augment what they can do in battle - for example, the Pass skill allows them to move through spaces occupied by enemy units, which is normally not possible. Then each character also has one personal skill per class level - at trainee they have one, at first class two, and at final class they have three. These personal skills are generally 'if -> then' skills; for example, if character has greater than 50% HP, then they have +15 to Evade.

The classes begin with nine trainees that each fork to three first classes, which then fork to two final classes (though there is overlap; for example, both Archer Trainees and Thief Trainees can become Spies). Each class can use different weaponry and gain different class abilities; for example, Thief Trainees and their promotions can use Lockpicks.

I'm probably not the best person to explain this, really... :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:51 am »

>being born
>not wanting to die

But they aren't smart enough to avoid getting riposted off a cliff, as was my point.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 20, 2016, 09:57:16 am »

>being born
>not wanting to die

But they aren't smart enough to avoid getting riposted off a cliff, as was my point.

Neither are beginning souls players a lot of the time.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 20, 2016, 10:03:11 am »

ok
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 20, 2016, 09:58:52 pm »

Yo yo yo

Oooh mah goodness o-o piecewise!! :))

The system is a slightly modified version of fef1.3, which is, unsurprisingly, based on fire emblem.
It has its flaws, it must be said, but it's still pretty decent.
Here's home base with all the links you may need :O

But I can mourn them while they're still with us and can share in our feelings (also while being cheery with them too). When they become hollow...
"Why do you look so sad, Alain?"
"Because you're doomed to become a mindless, murderous corpse."

Alain for squad morale officer!
It helps the mood of all these longer-than-me dead people. :P They're all so srs. I like that though.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 20, 2016, 10:02:00 pm »

Damon is only outwardly serious. On the inside, he's coming up with all sorts of sick fantasies about holding hands with every woman in the party.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 109