Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: ICE V2  (Read 7400 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ICE V2
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 07:30:08 pm »

I think that might defeat the purpose
I figure the PMs are for making sure the other players don't know what someone else is doing until it is too late. If the game is ended, there's not much a person could do to change the outcomes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

Oh, I see.

Personally I prefer the honours system where players post their secret actions in a spoiler and other players aren't supposed to look, that way people who are just following along can tell what's happening.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »

OW does have a point. And I am considering doing that. However, before my Gaming PC's power cord was taken off me for playing games I was playing ludicrous amounts of SS13 (Baystation12 server) which has changed my view on things dramatically in terms of powergaming or 'Playing to Win'

I have adapted many BS12 rules here. For example as the antagonist it is your job to entertain everyone first, and then kill everyone second.

PM me if you think you are up for the role of Antagonist (AKA the Thing). If I get more than one I will use a randomiser. Anyone collaborating or 'Metagaming' (Having OOC knowledge and using that as IC) or 'Metacommunicating' about this is not going to impress me at all.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 08:13:04 pm »

BLANK
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 10:48:09 pm »

I'd like to play. As blue, preferably.

Coral's a bit similar to orange...Bronze/brown, maybe?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 01:35:07 am »

I Call Black, if I get it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 12:59:24 am »

This is wonderful. I really look forward to it, genuinely.

I'm finding some of these small edits you're making to the OP fascinating. The implications. The differences. Our games are almost identical on the outside... but inside this thing is...

Entertained to see the direction this will go. No sarcasm I am truly being friendly what ever your original motivation.

I would have to acknowledge, while I fully intend and would desire to share my version(and yes keep payed extras a part of it) what a fascinating story, though, of a game about The Thing, that had got its life on Bay12, by absorbing and disguising itself as another game of the same title.

In essence this is what I did with mafia.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:03:12 am by GameBoyBlue »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 02:06:04 am »

wow, gbg, thats some deep philosophy
thincake

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 02:19:00 am »

That's my job.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 03:20:37 am »

The draw for the Thing will take place in 23 hours, 40 minutes from the timestamp of this post.
The draw for marine leader will also take place. PM me if you would like to be in the draw for marine leader. The marine leader has the same job as the Thing does, which is to entertain people while moving towards its objective. The Objective for the thing is to escape and/or kill all marines. The Marine Leader's objective is to ensure as many of his soldiers survive as possible and neutralise the threat.

If you like this game, PLEASE check out STORM THE COMPOUND
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 01:24:01 pm »

Now I don't mean to belittle what you've achieved so far, I think there is a good chance you will host a complete session, however I will say if you were truly going to 1-up what I do
you'd offer medals(my payed component).

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 05:33:25 pm »

Now I don't mean to belittle what you've achieved so far, I think there is a good chance you will host a complete session, however I will say if you were truly going to 1-up what I do, you'd offer medals(my payed component).
Seriously? Just stop, please. For your sake. I made this not to one-up you, but to make a point to you about paywalls. You got a single (maybe two) people wanting to play with the paywall. I have managed to get many, many more people by simply taking your game and removing the paywall, as you gave me permission to do, so don't go screaming plagiarism or copyright to me.

If this game DOES take off and you end up getting 100 people wanting to play each round, THAT's when you can make OPTIONAL donations a thing. Or with that many people wanting to play a game you made, contact a programmer and they'd be more than happy to code the game for you (Sometimes for a price, sometimes not)

EDIT: And by the way, I don't think anybody wants to pay $5 for a forum game. On steam you can get many many FULL GAMES for less than that. If I had any money, I would want to buy a full game rather than a metaphysically drawn 'medal' or metaphysical 'Achievements'

TL;DR? Get real.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:53:03 pm by Insanegame27 »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »

Now I don't mean to belittle what you've achieved so far, I think there is a good chance you will host a complete session, however I will say if you were truly going to 1-up what I do

I just wanna say that bay12 isn't your personal moneymaker.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 07:12:48 pm »

Uh.. I ment offer the payed thing but for free.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »

I honestly doubt anyone here gives a damn about medals.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6