Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15734 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:33 pm »

Sounds promising. What sort of wonderful realm are you talking about, MZ?
The great state of Handlandia, where our land is shaped like a mitten.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2015, 08:08:17 pm »

Michigan is not exactly renowned for its not winter.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:32 pm »

Yeah, and isn't there a joke along the lines of "if you don't like the weather in Michigan, just wait 10 minutes"?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2015, 08:10:48 pm »

*shrug*
Bring the NWS computers too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2015, 08:11:45 pm »

Oh, no, brace yourselves, winter is coming! Pff, it was 48 degrees today.

Yeah, and isn't there a joke along the lines of "if you don't like the weather in Michigan, just wait 10 minutes"?
Yes. The weather changes rapidly because we're surrounded on nearly all sides by water. I still blame Ohio.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2015, 08:13:12 pm »

... Yes, and?
This year is an odd one so far, it's not likely to happen again, especially with, like, all the carbon emissions cut.
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2015, 08:44:11 pm »

...and because I live in the southern part of the state, we don't get a ton of snow (see upstate NY or fucking Alaska for a ton of snow,) and it's only cold for about three months total.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

Okayyyyy....
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »

(see upstate NY or fucking Alaska for a ton of snow,)
Can confirm.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2015, 09:14:04 pm »

Same with Alberta.
Speaking of which, I see Calgary is outside of any currently known danger areas on the map posted above. Even though farming wouldn't be great at least we'd be free of nuclear winter or the volcanic ice age; heh, that's funny, considering Canada is known for being colder than your precious states. Well, not after the apocalypse!

And on the subject of the apocalypse, does the disease that wipes everyone out just not touch forumites, or does it give us mutant powers? If the latter, I'd maybe not stock up on as much food and just photosynthesize instead.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2015, 09:40:41 pm »

Same with Alberta.
Speaking of which, I see Calgary is outside of any currently known danger areas on the map posted above. Even though farming wouldn't be great at least we'd be free of nuclear winter or the volcanic ice age; heh, that's funny, considering Canada is known for being colder than your precious states. Well, not after the apocalypse!

Honestly, I'm still seeing no problem in having set-up be in Australia instead.  Yeah, it's a long trip, but the Southern Hemisphere seems to be the better option, and of the Southern Hemisphere, Australia is the most built-up area.

Map being used, for Reference
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2015, 09:51:06 pm »

We could into Australia...
Sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12:53 pm »

Same with Alberta.

Honestly, I'm still seeing no problem in having set-up be in Australia instead.  Yeah, it's a long trip, but the Southern Hemisphere seems to be the better option, and of the Southern Hemisphere, Australia is the most built-up area.

Map being used, for Reference

You're multiplying the transportation requirement or innate risk dozens of times.

Same with Alberta.

I think that it's a joke about more than half of the cities I've lived in.

Southern Canada would be reasonable, although I think heading further south would probably be better. Cold is still going to be a concern.

Obviously, I won't be especially interested in the greater society until y'all start doing something stupid, so I'll be hanging out on a beach, in Texas, or just road tripping.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2015, 10:33:36 pm »

..I still immediate need is to group together. Being alone, and I mean COMPLETELY alone for the most part, is definitely not healthy. Make a community. Try to.. well, combine manpower to keep technology semi-running, and make a new generation of Bay12'ers.
Oh, and we'll rename humanity to Dwarves for the hell of it.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »

You're multiplying the transportation requirement or innate risk dozens of times.
Not to mention the wildlife.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18