Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15737 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2015, 05:08:18 pm »

Drought (or whatever you call it)
A) You are not becoming one of the farmers.
B) Yes, that is what the lack of water is called
C) There was going to be something here but bleh.

B-But I like snow!
And I live in Australia. I get to see snow maybe twice a year IF I'M LUCKY and IN THE MOUNTAINS AT THE SAME TIME.

If the unnamed superdisaster happened I would head to the nearby RAF base, steal a Hurcules, load it up with a lot of what Australia has to offer and fly it to America. I would land in DC and run rescue missions for Forumites who cannot make it to civilisation. In the case of very remote areas where there is no runway or anything resembling one I would go back to DC (after dropping a note and supplies), grab a helicopter and return for the forumite.

That would be my business and I would become rich until the number of Forumites starts to drop, like with the peak oil level thingy.

Some questions: How much fuel would we have? How long would it last?

What economy/government would we establish? Dibs on the general of the Air Force.

When I have some spare time I would take a terribad little plane to Russia and nick some of their hightech jets to fly for fun and entertainment. I would most likely die very quickly in this scenario
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:12:20 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2015, 05:11:38 pm »

Hm. Given all this, it might be a problem. Given that I lack any skills apart from basic scavenging and being a master shitposter, I'd have to find a way of getting to America, where everyone insists on gathering, while managing to get any of the few Bay12ers on the British Isles to come with me or help out.

......Or I may just start an independent nation in some borough of London somewhere and put out beacons until someone finds me. :P

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2015, 05:13:20 pm »

Hm. Given all this, it might be a problem. Given that I lack any skills apart from basic scavenging and being a master shitposter, I'd have to find a way of getting to America, where everyone insists on gathering, while managing to get any of the few Bay12ers on the British Isles to come with me or help out.

......Or I may just start an independent nation in some borough of London somewhere and put out beacons until someone finds me. :P
You could leave me a PM with a pickup point. AFAIK there are plenty of good runways in the British Isles.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2015, 05:14:56 pm »

You'd probably not have far to find. It's pretty common knowledge I live in London. It wouldn't take me a relatively long time to get to one of the major airports and thus a good runway.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2015, 05:19:59 pm »

Drought (or whatever you call it)
A) You are not becoming one of the farmers.
B) Yes, that is what the lack of water is called
C) There was going to be something here but bleh.

B-But I like snow!
And I live in Australia. I get to see snow maybe twice a year IF I'M LUCKY and IN THE MOUNTAINS AT THE SAME TIME.

If the unnamed superdisaster happened I would head to the nearby RAF base, steal a Hurcules, load it up with a lot of what Australia has to offer and fly it to America. I would land in DC and run rescue missions for Forumites who cannot make it to civilisation. In the case of very remote areas where there is no runway or anything resembling one I would go back to DC (after dropping a note and supplies), grab a helicopter and return for the forumite.

That would be my business and I would become rich until the number of Forumites starts to drop, like with the peak oil level thingy.

Some questions: How much fuel would we have? How long would it last?

What economy/government would we establish? Dibs on the general of the Air Force.

When I have some spare time I would take a terribad little plane to Russia and nick some of their hightech jets to fly for fun and entertainment. I would most likely die very quickly in this scenario
I'm too young to farm anyway.. kind of. Actually, I probably could.
Either way, THEOCRACY.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2015, 05:23:48 pm »

The only London airport I know by name is Heathrow(?), which shouldn't be too hard to find on google maps. If I had the fuel I would do a highly visible and Audible passover of the major cities/towns to make myself known where I am before landing. I would refuel at the airport.

Just remember to bring warm clothes, as it does get very cold at 28000 feet

I would be inclined to say a Technocracy or a system alike to the ancient Roman Republic.

On second thought I may steal a Globemaster instead of a Hercules.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:30:50 pm by Insanegame27 »

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2015, 07:49:36 pm »

So DC is confirmed? Or are we still deciding?
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »

I think we're deciding but have condensed around DC and Northern California somewhere.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »

Bingo. While you DC folks are struggling to keep power plants operational and weathering hurricanes, we in California will have solar and wind a-plenty, and nice mild weather with only the occasional earthquake to liven things up :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:36 pm »

Whatever.
Hard work builds character and draws a community together.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2015, 08:01:47 pm »

I would play the new version of dwarf fortress of course.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2015, 08:04:45 pm »

You know, I live in a magical place with no hurricanes or earthquakes, all the fresh water the entire world could ever drink, a huge amount of agriculture (my daughter's elementary school has a greenhouse next door,) sustainable energy (hydro and wind,) vast suburbs and forests, and not terrible weather in general.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2015, 08:05:26 pm »

We could move there too.
We just need to bring Toady's computer with us, wherever we go.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2015, 08:05:57 pm »

Sounds promising. What sort of wonderful realm are you talking about, MZ?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2015, 08:06:45 pm »

Coldwater, MI, USA
... You SURE?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18