Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15756 times)

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »

Alright, I have come up with a plan. Call it: Operation I don`t know what to call this.
First:People gather supply's. Non-US people, meet up and build boats or something. People on the west coast, figure out how to run trains/planes.
Second:People on the US meet in Washington DC. If you are on the west coast, fly into Reagan National Airport or some train station in DC. People not in the US, meet up at the Norfolk navy base, then sail up to DC.
Third:Meet in the Smithsonian Castle in DC. Maybe even the Arts and Industry building(The 2nd oldest Smithsonian building, may be bigger than the Smithsonian Castle) 
Fourth:Create a government, maybe called the Republic of the Potomac. Then we will need to figure out everything else.

Why would you possibly decide flying or driving or training are better options than driving for anywhere in North America? Gas is plentiful in the short to medium term, and considering the average skill set, one would be much much less likely to crash horribly.
You know what? I never thought about driving for some reason. Silly me
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2015, 08:54:01 pm »

Alright, I have come up with a plan. Call it: Operation I don`t know what to call this.
First:People gather supply's. Non-US people, meet up and build boats or something. People on the west coast, figure out how to run trains/planes.
Second:People on the US meet in Washington DC. If you are on the west coast, fly into Reagan National Airport or some train station in DC. People not in the US, meet up at the Norfolk navy base, then sail up to DC.
Third:Meet in the Smithsonian Castle in DC. Maybe even the Arts and Industry building(The 2nd oldest Smithsonian building, may be bigger than the Smithsonian Castle) 
Fourth:Create a government, maybe called the Republic of the Potomac. Then we will need to figure out everything else.

Why would you possibly decide flying or driving or training are better options than driving for anywhere in North America? Gas is plentiful in the short to medium term, and considering the average skill set, one would be much much less likely to crash horribly.
You know what? I never thought about driving for some reason. Silly me
Hmm, Driving is a better idea.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2015, 08:55:06 pm »

We should drive, yeah.

Except to pick up the Europeans.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2015, 09:19:10 pm »

Interesting, very interesting, only the active bay12ers are left, interesting scenario indeed.

Assuming I don't know that it's just the active members of bay12forums left and not just me. I'd probably freak out. I'd go out and gather lots of non-perishable food and other things. Probably find Some other place to live and make it more secure. Find books to read and other sources of entertainment if possible. Get in shape I suppose. Try farming, other things. Eventually go insane.

If I knew about the whole only active bay12ers remain thing, I'd mostly do the same things as above and try to find out and get to the nearest meeting point.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

I start mass-PMing everybody.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2015, 09:40:39 pm »

I'm surprised that no one would wonder 'Where in Toady's name is Toady?!' and then wonder if somehow we've been spared by Armok himself, or something like that. Then we'd find Toady and pray to him or ARMOK like a god.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2015, 09:41:34 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2015, 09:55:51 pm »

like a god.

Are you implying he isn't?
Of course not. I'm simply trying to hide with the heretics until they agree, then BURN THEM ALL.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2015, 09:57:22 pm »

Toady survived, obviously.
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »

I'd probably be pretty devastated about the loss of most of the people I know, but might figure it out pretty fast as a few of my best friends would still be alive. Given the sudden vast, empty stretches, I'd most likely try to make my way by bike to the nearest one, and try to stay in contact with the rest for as long as technology holds out. I'd see about coordinating a meeting between the people on the West coast of the US, perhaps we'd all manage to meet up eventually.

With so much of suburbia to loot, and so little people, the processed foods should hold out for quite a long time.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2015, 10:04:39 pm »

Seems like West Coast B12 is meeting up in northern CA.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2015, 01:04:50 am »

Did you know you can create maps of the world you can mess with in the Google Drive?

If you decide to contribute (I have it set to anyone), make sure to select the proper layer to add to.  As a minor request, just put general paths to utilize to get to a location (eg. Don't use your house, use a nearby city).

Short note, if you want to make a regular line, click on the end point again to have it stay on the map.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2015, 03:43:04 am »

I have a good idea, in Europe at least, since I know the layout of several airportrs and the keys to a rather large, nice house and gas station. Obtain cargo plane, gather stuff, and when they he local infrastructure starts to collapse, load up cargo plane and fly over. I can fly an aeroplane quite wellcrashing once it twice.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2015, 03:59:02 am »

But can you land?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2015, 07:26:12 am »

But can you land?

Land with unclear, unserrviced, likely unfamiliar runaways without up to date local conditions and without the benefit of designated maintenance personnel or other crew assistance. I mean, the odds say that here's certainly pilots who could do it, especially in Cessnas, but it's not something I'd care to try. I'll stick to one continent, I'm afraid.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18