Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15726 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:55:10 pm »

Made into a full thread per WTF Thread request here.

As you wake up tomorrow, you realize something is very, very wrong. A weirdly specific cataclysm has instantly wiped out every single human except, for some reason, people with an active Bay12 account at the time of the event.

What do you do?

This is essentially a fun zombie-apocalypse-prepper-style speculative scenario. Feel free to join in anytime!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »

Skipping the mourning for my friends, family and everything in society I loved, being in London, I would:

Go into a shop, get crackers, marmite, 3 brands of biscuits, butter, cutlery, take my laptop, get to the top of St Pauls and start bellringing like crazy to attract attention.
One wheel short of a wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 04:59:10 pm »

Go online and realise there's been recent activity on Bay12. Post a question asking if anyone knows what's happening in the WTF thread.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 05:02:11 pm »

lament my lack of understanding of cooking. of course I can just go get some easy mac from the store.

my lack of a drivers license is no object. I can take the golf cart. seeing as there's no cars to hit.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 05:05:27 pm »

I'm basically screwed unless I can make it across to Australia or America.

So, I suppose I'd be looking for a ship, and trying to figure out how to work it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 05:10:21 pm »

Post in the WTF thread to figure out what's going on. Check on it periodically while I steal smartphones, and try to find someone's keychain with one of those remote unlock/horn things for their car on it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 05:10:58 pm »

I guess it would be pretty much a lot of walking involved for me so... set up a petty one-person kingdom in my general location. No escaped lunatics allowed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 05:12:36 pm »

Drive over to the naval base in Norfolk and find others to gather a crew of swashbuckling pirates to sail the seven seas(until we run out of fuel)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »

First off:"Oh CARP."
First and a halfth off:Post a thread for Maryland B12ers.  Generally point towards Baltimore.
Second off, start pulling manuals from the interwebs.
Third off, actually follow my advice and head to Baltimore.  I have a key for a house there, so I'll move in.
Fourth off: ensure power keeps on.  Use manuals from 2.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 05:19:03 pm »

Actually, yeah, fuel is a thing. Learning to sail might be a useful skill. Although knowing me I'd probably make some kind of absurd solar-powered monstrosity and lament every time it rains.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 05:20:53 pm »

For that matter, we need to ensure our infrastructure keeps working so we CAN communicate.
Start a thread on that.
Immediately. 
Share relevant manuals.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 05:23:37 pm »

Go on the WTF thread. Look for anyone near baltimore. Learn how to drive a car. Play some binding of isaac. Download manuals and all of wikipedia onto a thumbdrive. Try to find a generator. feed my dog and cat. Watch T.V. with my brother.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 05:24:49 pm »

Does your brother have an account?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »

Does your brother have an account?

Its inactive, but yes he does.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 05:28:51 pm »

Hm.
The premise specifies active accounts but whatever...

tntey:You would probably find that I'm currently starting organizing in the Baltimore area.

A note that TV stations would probably not have many people....Hm.

Actually...

Track down local affiliate stations and set up a loop to broadcast the meetup points.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:32:52 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18