Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 51

Author Topic: Hearts of Iron IV  (Read 103509 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Reply #630 on: October 30, 2017, 10:01:10 pm »

Am I the only one who conquers the world as Brazil after steamrolling all of South, and then North America, then invading Asia?

Its a really fun way to tackle these WWI/II games!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 01, 2017, 11:58:58 am »

Belgium is what youre looking for.
Easy to defend

Welp.. That went exactly as I expected it would..

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 01, 2017, 12:33:33 pm »

So I'll admit to not playing this game for a while, but I don't understand how people survive as Belgium and the Netherlands.  The Maginot Line gives such ridiculous stat penalties to the attacking Germans that, at least in my games, they never get through.  So the German AI has pretty much nothing to do but dogpile you with its entire western army.

Is it just spamming so much arty that their infantry/light tank armies can't win on attack?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 01, 2017, 12:48:37 pm »

Belgium is harder than the Netherlands, due to their borders, but both are pretty easy. It's about having an elastic defense.

As the Netherlands I lasted the whole war and eventually took Berlin myself. The trick is to defend a line you can cover fully and still have a mobile reserve. At my lowest, I got pushed back to only half the country, but it was very easy to counterattack after the initial blitz--especially once Germany starts devoting troops southwards. Italy and the Middle East/Africa soaked up a crazy amount of divisions. Not to mention if they invade Russia.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 03, 2017, 11:50:19 am »

I second this...I don't mind ships much but airplanes are a pain in the ass...especially if I have a large or fast moving front to cover. I hate air regions and think they should make it so you just set a wings mission, assign an airfield and if it is in range then the planes do their thing. That way you can just move the air wings to a new airport as your line moves up without having to micromanage air regions.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-airplanes-and-lootboxes.1052860/&utm_source=steam_community&utm_medium=community&utm_content=devdiary&utm_campaign=wtt_hoi_devdiary_all_20171101
Attaching air wings to armies
It's now possible to attach air wings directly to armies. This means that if you assign them to an army pushing into a hostile nation those wings will get automatically move to bases in range and assigned to areas the army is fighting in. This should hopefully mean no more accidentally forgetting your air force in france when you move forces up to the russian front in hectic multiplayer games or needing to manage things manually when crossing into new areas under an advance.

Damn...I nailed that one two days before the announcement XD (well...nailed the need to fix it...and they were already working on it)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:42:05 pm by dennislp3 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 03, 2017, 02:18:31 pm »

Ooh, that is a nice change.

They havent made it a "you must pay for this" thing, have they?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 03, 2017, 11:04:04 pm »

Attaching is a free feature for everyone as part of the 1.5 “Cornflakes” update.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 04, 2017, 10:53:36 am »

Well that's nice, because a lot of the nice QoL features for HoI have been locked behind the previous DLCs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 08, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »

Does anyone know what causes glitch in HOI 3 when AI just breaks - doesn't do anything, being passive, not accepting "decisions", etc?
Happened to me 2 or 3 times around 1938 year when i played as japan - AI of all damn world just bugs out and refuses to do anything. Didn't happen as anyone else, though.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2018, 10:17:41 am »

[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 30, 2018, 11:16:44 pm »

Is that all they've been doing all this time? My gosh, the development time on this game is slower than even Stellaris.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2018, 07:10:35 am »

Is that all they've been doing all this time? My gosh, the development time on this game is slower than even Stellaris.
I imagine the field marshal system took a lot of refactoring. It's not trivial to change a core game system like that

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:47 am »

They also split national unity into stability and war support, make planes attachable to army  groups, and fiddled with multiway wars so that they're far more stable. All three of those probably sucked up quite a bit of time too. But then again their development cycle is,
like, twice as long as other Paradox DLC so I don't know. I'm sure they had really good reasons for everything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #643 on: January 31, 2018, 08:56:39 am »

I have no idea how large their dev team is either. Anyway I welcome the free changes, not really interested in the DLC

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #644 on: January 31, 2018, 09:17:11 am »

The dev team is really tiny IIRC. There are multiple mods out there (Kaiserreich, Modern Day 4, Black Ice (I think) that have bigger dev teams than the base game has. HoI IV is very much not considered "primary" game by Paradox.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 51