Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201584 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1530 on: December 22, 2016, 10:00:47 am »

Yeah, they use the normal nail template instead of the claw template... for some reason

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 22, 2016, 10:05:29 am »

Huh...

Now DF bears don't sound as deadly as they could be...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 23, 2016, 04:35:42 am »

Yeah, they use the normal nail template instead of the claw template... for some reason

If you'd searched through the raws, you'd find that material-wise nails are claws--all claws use the nail material template.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 23, 2016, 12:00:11 pm »

yeah but things like cougars and crocodiles use TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE and USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE while grizzly/black bears use TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE and USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE (don't ask why I removed the use thing from the first part of each but not the second, as IDK why I did

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1534 on: December 24, 2016, 05:12:17 am »

yeah but things like cougars and crocodiles use TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE and USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE while grizzly/black bears use TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE and USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE (don't ask why I removed the use thing from the first part of each but not the second, as IDK why I did

The material template is the same for both though - the name is different but the characteristics are pretty much the same, claws aren't sharper than regular nails.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 24, 2016, 07:32:53 am »

Most likely Toady's design choice on the fact that black bears cannot retract their claws (therefore not really claws as such, but more sharpened nails)

I think he's mentioned it once or twice before, but if you wanted to be realistic, you could simply replace/create template name for "Retracted Claw" so that even if the creature is butchered it makes sense. Dogs for instance cannot retract their claws, however foxes can. You can generalise the difference broadly between semi and fully retractable claws.

Blind cave bears you can make your own ruling for i guess, the rocky ground wouldn't be suitable, but on the other hand having enormous claws to dig away rock and to give stability to such a large creature scaling a rock face might not be too bad.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1536 on: January 05, 2017, 02:53:21 pm »

Uranium has a half-life of 4.5 billion years and i can't even find info on a critical mass so it's probably way too big to worry about, so for uranium i wouldn't bother. Plutonium would probably be a better choice, but what you're describing isn't really feasible, I don't think.
Some necro ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor
Finis sanctificat media.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 05, 2017, 03:05:42 pm »

Uranium has a half-life of 4.5 billion years and i can't even find info on a critical mass so it's probably way too big to worry about, so for uranium i wouldn't bother. Plutonium would probably be a better choice, but what you're describing isn't really feasible, I don't think.
Some necro ;-)

Explain?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 05, 2017, 03:06:10 pm »

And the question.

I made an evil mushroom that grows in outside light and i want to make it releasing spores that poisons when inhaled.

Is it possible?

Maybe making [GROWTH_ITEM] of some low-temp boiling material can help? But how can it be poison?

PS. I remember some kind of "black dust" mod from Deon. Will search now.
Finis sanctificat media.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 05, 2017, 03:19:01 pm »

Some necro ;-)

Explain?
Ore concentration are almost zero and can't be handled and enriched with medieval technologies for making somewhat purer (90%+) uranium.
Dirty uranium can't have critical mass at all (the volume of its mass must be so big that it never can be reached).
Finis sanctificat media.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 05, 2017, 05:33:30 pm »

And the question.

I made an evil mushroom that grows in outside light and i want to make it releasing spores that poisons when inhaled.

Is it possible?

Maybe making [GROWTH_ITEM] of some low-temp boiling material can help? But how can it be poison?

PS. I remember some kind of "black dust" mod from Deon. Will search now.

You can use a growth item that drops/can be picked as fruit would. The fruit then explosively boil if their (material's) boiling temperature is below the ambient temperature by a hundred urists or more. Dwarves that try to harvest/pick up the fruit then have a chance of inhaling the vapors. I dont think they'll explosively boil on the tree or in the piles/flows that fall out of the tree, but if someone tries to pick them up they'll become a physical item and normal game physics will take effect
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 06, 2017, 02:55:19 am »

I thought of something that can make clouds of "spore-gas" that's inhaled when dwarves just move under the cap.
Finis sanctificat media.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:06 am »

A plant can't do constant emissions, which is what you'd want for this.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 06, 2017, 10:09:10 am »

A plant can't do constant emissions, which is what you'd want for this.
Growth periods may be all year round according to wiki. Like leaves/nuts/fruits grows and dropping in autumn for several days.
Finis sanctificat media.

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 06, 2017, 12:30:14 pm »

Hello

How hard is editing item value multiplier for specific item types?

example:

Large serrated disc/ Spiked ball 126x - i want it 12
Minecart, Wheelbarrow, Cauldron 50x - i want it 20
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 137