Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201882 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #840 on: April 20, 2016, 07:12:54 pm »

And duping them is something you should not do because doing that replaces earlier ones. Your dwarves can only headbutt instead of punch now.
That doesn't seem entirely unreasonable:)

But to be clear, the name after the ATTACK: is an internal name for the attack, what is usually called an ID.  You can have two kinds of punches, but they would need different IDs.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 21, 2016, 01:48:46 am »

And duping them is something you should not do because doing that replaces earlier ones. Your dwarves can only headbutt instead of punch now.

But to be clear, the name after the ATTACK: is an internal name for the attack, what is usually called an ID.  You can have two kinds of punches, but they would need different IDs.

I don't mean to be "that uppity noob" but this seems to be empirically untrue. Below is a log of arena dwarf facing arena goblin with not only punches and headbutts using the same attack ID, but with both set to MAIN priority to equal their use frequency:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's the exact code this log was running on:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BTW, since I'm here, any ideas on reducing the ridiculous grab spam of snatching teeth? It really puts a lot of time on the TTK for no reason. It makes sense (at least when it's grabbing a breakable bone) normally because it locks up gobbo for Urist 2 to come bash his noggin in with an axe, but these dorfs have been buffed enough to become more than capable of DIY goblin slaughter with their bare hands (and/or skulls).
How do I do it? Prune juice.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #842 on: April 21, 2016, 02:43:37 am »

Mm, they use both, but is the goblin supposed to be sent flying by that last punch? I normally don't find dwarves to be able to punch equal size creatures THAT strongly so as to knock them back.

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 21, 2016, 03:15:48 am »

Is there any way to attach syndromes to specific items independent of the item's material?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #844 on: April 21, 2016, 06:56:46 am »

Unfortunately no, not yet anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 21, 2016, 09:21:07 am »

Is there any way to attach syndromes to specific items independent of the item's material?
DFHack.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 21, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »

Mm, they use both, but is the goblin supposed to be sent flying by that last punch? I normally don't find dwarves to be able to punch equal size creatures THAT strongly so as to knock them back.

Oh yeah this is just testing, I've got dorfs jacked up on so many strength buffs (3000-5000 strength att range, size buff (~1.5x the size of a human), innate legendary fists skill, enraged buffs...) that frankly I'm surprised they're not screaming "GENETICALLY. SUPERIOR." every 10 seconds (I should mod that in). They've also got two redundant lungs, bones composed of slade, skin as tough as leather and fast-healing as a hydra, and a few other things I can't remember right now.

I'm just tinkering. I want to buff dorfs physically (I've nerfed them in other areas) for a story, but I'll certainly tone it down before I actually use it outside of wicked arena combat logs. Just need to decide which ones I like and which buffs I don't.
How do I do it? Prune juice.

yovannyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 24, 2016, 01:16:53 pm »

hi there, i'm having some trouble trying to mod a reaction, i want my adventurer to be able to gather rat bones, but when i try the game crashes, and the only thing i my errorlog is

Unrecognized Announcement Token: TRAVEL_ADVISORY
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/entity_default.txt"
MOUNTAIN:Unrecognized Entity Token: OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE

heres the reaction:

[REACTION:GATHER_BONES]
   [NAME:gather rat bones]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:knife:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:RAT:BONE]
   [SKILL:SNEAK]

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 24, 2016, 01:28:50 pm »

Ah, CORPSEPIECE, how buggy you can be. I don't think I can help you troubleshoot that one.

Also, OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE goes in the creature's raws, not the entity's.

yovannyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

oh, thanks, well, i guess i will just rely on corpses then, not much of a big issue, just wanted that reaction for flavor, and thanks for telling me about that misplaced token, i wasnt aware that token was supposed to go somewhere else :)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 24, 2016, 04:03:43 pm »

Hello,

I have two questions about milling and powder:

• How can I make so that only a specific growth of a plant is millable into powder (as for pressing into oil), that is, what is the real value for _ID_FOR_CRUSHING_INTO_POWDER in the following snippet:
Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:_ID_FOR_CRUSHING_INTO_POWDER:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:POWDER]
    [/li]
  • If the milling of parts of plants, such as flowers, leaves or wood, is possible in the vanilla version or have I to code it myself
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

yovannyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 24, 2016, 05:40:14 pm »

hi again, i have another question, is there a way to make a reaction in adventure mode to craft musical instruments? i havent seen anything about that yet

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 24, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »

I am wondering.. Is it possible to make a custom workshop, which would do the same things any smelter or furnace furnace does, but without the need for fuel? Or is that completely hard-coded?

edit:
Alternatively, would altering the melting point of metals (cotton candy (cannot be bothered to spell adam.. adman.. ad.. you get my point)) remove the need for magma furnaces/smelters?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:43:44 pm by Ultimuh »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 24, 2016, 05:45:25 pm »

1. yes

2. no

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 24, 2016, 05:47:15 pm »

1. yes

Let me rephrase: What would I have to do?
I mean, making a workshop is kind of easy, but what tags would I need?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 137