Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201827 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #810 on: April 16, 2016, 01:30:30 pm »

How can I allow travel through the goblin pits in my current world?
Also how can I allow my race to read and write and make dance forms, songs, the such.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #811 on: April 16, 2016, 01:40:16 pm »

Also how can I allow my race to read and write and make dance forms, songs, the such.
To answer the first question - you cant.

The second, in their entity file, add
[GENERATE_POETIC_FORMS]
[GENERATE_MUSICAL_FORMS]
[GENERATE_DANCE_FORMS]
I don't think you need to add anything regarding reading as long as you have an actual civilization.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 16, 2016, 02:12:26 pm »

To answer the first question - you cant.

The second, in their entity file, add
[GENERATE_POETIC_FORMS]
[GENERATE_MUSICAL_FORMS]
[GENERATE_DANCE_FORMS]
I don't think you need to add anything regarding reading as long as you have an actual civilization.
I've never done an entity file  :P
Is there a way to make sure they don't make a civ fort? Cause that just annihilate the world
Jerry.
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #813 on: April 16, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »

Not sure what you mean - if you don't want them to live in fortresses then just copy over the human entity file and set your race up properly with it and make whatever other changes you want to. Aside from forts (CAVE_DETAILED in the entity file) you also have human towns (CITY), dark pits/fortresses (DARK_FORTRESS) and elven forest retreats (TREE_CITY), also caves (CAVE) but those don't make any other sites and you can't travel through caves either.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 16, 2016, 03:04:03 pm »

What i mean is that I want them to be an adventure race. And second its powerful enough any siege or war it does it would win.

So what I mean is, is there a way to reduce the chance of getting a fort/civ site to such a small chance that it's nearly inexistent?
Jerry.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #815 on: April 16, 2016, 03:22:56 pm »

Not really - closest you can do is limit the maximum population sizes.
The tokens are:
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:X]
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:X]
   [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:X]
You can also add [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE], [LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] and [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] as well as the requisite tokens for making them a wild race that can join civilization, but then they wont have their own dance forms and such, only those based off of whatever civ they join.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:26:47 pm by ZM5 »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 17, 2016, 10:30:38 am »

I'm on to Weapons/Armor adjustments now.  The wiki has a good explanation of Impact & Shear.  However, I see other modifiers that I can't find an explanation for; Compressive, Tensile, Torsion, and Bending.  Any info on these is appreciated.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 17, 2016, 10:58:30 am »

I'm on to Weapons/Armor adjustments now.  The wiki has a good explanation of Impact & Shear.  However, I see other modifiers that I can't find an explanation for; Compressive, Tensile, Torsion, and Bending.  Any info on these is appreciated.
I do believe that some of those like bending are unimplemented currently
Jerry.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #818 on: April 17, 2016, 11:12:19 am »

When you're working on plants, will the game let you define multiple [PREFSTRING] tokens? Or will it only use the first one? Obviously this is just a flavor thing, but I would love to add the extra little details into what I'm working on.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 17, 2016, 11:34:52 am »

There may be an upper limit I'm not aware of, but I know you can do at least two.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 17, 2016, 12:53:32 pm »

Good to know :)  Which leads me to my next question.  The values list here; http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Metal#Weapon_and_armor_quality remain fairly close to the current raw (inorganic_metal).  The wiki states that for Impact Yield & Fracture, higher is better.  However, Candy has the highest value of all, and is the worst Blunt Weapon metal around.  What about Candy makes it terrible for Blunt while having the highest Impact numbers?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 17, 2016, 01:05:14 pm »

Good to know :)  Which leads me to my next question.  The values list here; http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Metal#Weapon_and_armor_quality remain fairly close to the current raw (inorganic_metal).  The wiki states that for Impact Yield & Fracture, higher is better.  However, Candy has the highest value of all, and is the worst Blunt Weapon metal around.  What about Candy makes it terrible for Blunt while having the highest Impact numbers?
Density. It has very little.

Besides, you really don't need to call it by its "spoiler-free" name since it's not that big of a deal anyway.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 17, 2016, 01:36:37 pm »

Oh Density, duh.  Also 'Candy' is force of habit :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 17, 2016, 01:37:34 pm »

Finally, FINALLY, FINALLY found out why my reactions were missing. [BUILDING:<BUILDING NAME>:<BUILDING KEY>] was missing the "<BUILDING KEY>" part. I swear when I noticed I spent about three minutes just staring in disbelief at my own imbecility.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 17, 2016, 02:41:52 pm »

Compressive force happens by strangulation (doesn't really matter, but it's there), tensile by the "shaking around" once you latch on to someone with your teeth, torsion if your "teeth" are blunt instead of edged and bending is what hurts a limb when you wring it in a joint lock. You read the material definition token list, right?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 137