Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201536 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2016, 03:40:26 pm »

They have no hands to grasp with.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2016, 04:25:36 pm »

If you want them to actually use a marsupial pouch for storage... I dunno, you can make a body part called a "pouch" on the lower body that can grasp, they'll probably do silly things like wield their weapons with it. But you can give them either grasping mouths or forepaws. QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP would work for an alternate body plan; it's already in the raws.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:27:31 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FriarVicaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:53 am »

My drow civilization seems to crash the game in worldgen.

It doesn't do this when I remove all of the noble positions, though. It seems like the civilization can't have any noble positions if it lives in dark fortresses?
WHAT'S THE MATTER ANDY? DON'T YOU WANT TO HAVE SOME !!FUN!!?

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2016, 03:32:21 am »

My drow civilization seems to crash the game in worldgen.

It doesn't do this when I remove all of the noble positions, though. It seems like the civilization can't have any noble positions if it lives in dark fortresses?

Do a test where you just copy and paste a noble from another civ and see the result.

FriarVicaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2016, 03:41:13 am »

Alright, I just found out the civilization tolerates nobles just fine so long as they don't have the [CHAT_WORTHY] and [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING] tags (except if it's the leader of the civilization)

Probably has something to do with the demons and whatnot who control dark fortress civs.
WHAT'S THE MATTER ANDY? DON'T YOU WANT TO HAVE SOME !!FUN!!?

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2016, 01:35:42 pm »

[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:BLOOD:START:0]

Is there any material besides blood, sweat or vomit that i can put here to make a creature give itself an interaction? instantly if possible.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:37:22 pm by Cheesoburgor »
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »

I've been playing around with the all-playable-races mod to make a goblin succession game. However, in spite of having the appropriate tags in my raws...

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]

... my goblins won't butcher or make use of the bits of sapient kobolds, werebeasts or even their pet trolls (live trolls they can slaughter, but then cannot process the body parts). As far as I can tell this problem is new in 42.00+, hence asking the question in this thread.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

The mod is here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:26:01 pm by QuQuasar »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »

Alright, I just found out the civilization tolerates nobles just fine so long as they don't have the [CHAT_WORTHY] and [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING] tags (except if it's the leader of the civilization)

Probably has something to do with the demons and whatnot who control dark fortress civs.

Dark Forts have had that problem since .40.XX, I believe. It likely is tied to Demonic rulers.

Is there any material besides blood, sweat or vomit that i can put here to make a creature give itself an interaction? instantly if possible.

Body Mat Interactions are for consuming the specified material. It can't grant itself a syndrome/interaction this way, as far as I know.

... my goblins won't butcher or make use of the bits of sapient kobolds, werebeasts or even their pet trolls (live trolls they can slaughter, but then cannot process the body parts). As far as I can tell this problem is new in 42.00+, hence asking the question in this thread.

I've seen this pop up a few times recently. It might be a brand new bug, since people had it working fine a few versions ago.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »

According to the wiki, the SUPERNATURAL tag "gives the creature knowledge of any secrets with SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE that match its spheres." Now, I tested this, modding humans to have both the SUPERNATURAL tag and SPHERE:DEATH. Despite this, they are not innate necromancers. What's going on?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »

According to the wiki, the SUPERNATURAL tag "gives the creature knowledge of any secrets with SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE that match its spheres." Now, I tested this, modding humans to have both the SUPERNATURAL tag and SPHERE:DEATH. Despite this, they are not innate necromancers. What's going on?
It would not surprise me at all if making a race playable interfered with its SUPERNATURALness.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

letsdance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2016, 09:30:06 am »

is it possible to turn off petititions, or reduce their occurance? it's annoying.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2016, 09:49:47 am »

Body Mat Interactions are for consuming the specified material. It can't grant itself a syndrome/interaction this way, as far as I know.
What if the blood has contact and injection syndrome tags? As far as i know it works in syndromes when done that way.
Anyway is there a way a creature can reliably give itself an interaction in any way that happens instantly and without any requirements like having to be in a fight etc?
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2016, 05:42:10 pm »

It would not surprise me at all if making a race playable interfered with its SUPERNATURALness.
I just tried making a supernatural creature a domestic animal: still no dice trying to get them to raise the dead. If they have to be wild, its going to take a while to test.
I would just assume it's a bug, since the intended behavior is apparently to grant them access to appropriate interactions, which isn't happening.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »

Thinking on it, I don't think [SUPERNATURAL] actually grants them the secret, it just gives them knowledge of it. So the creature with [SUPERNATURAL] can teach the secret to anyone else.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2016, 11:48:36 pm »

I've never seen that happen, either. Are you sure?
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 137