Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201421 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2015, 02:53:29 pm »

Okay, I am trying to add good old cobalt into metals and failing. The things I do:
1) Add up cobalt as metal in inorganic_metal;
2) Make cobaltite ore of cobalt;
3) Add up reaction "make cobaltite from cobalt";
4) And adding this custom reaction to entity_default.
What do I do wrong? Any obvious mistakes?
If you do step 2, you don't need 3 or 4. If you add an inorganic as the metal of an ore, the game automatically generates the reaction. Custom reactions for metals are really only needed if you want stuff like alloys.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2015, 10:57:28 pm »

Alright, so I'm having some stupid issues with a custom wizard creature I intend to use. It has quite a few natural skills, which show up in Arena mode. But, apparently, not in adventure mode. It's bizarre. They also have a list of all spheres and are supernatural. Some spheres correspond to secrets in Spellcrafts which can be learned supernaturally. But these secrets dont show up in the list of things you can use in-game in either arena or adventure mode. I havent found a wizard in legends, but the secrets themselves are gifted to worshippers of deities who then build towers like they used to, so that seems to be functioning.

Here's the raws for the wizard:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if the creature definition is just too long or what. Does anyone else have a clue WTF I dun did?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2015, 12:37:22 am »

Alright, so I'm having some stupid issues with a custom wizard creature I intend to use. It has quite a few natural skills, which show up in Arena mode. But, apparently, not in adventure mode. It's bizarre. They also have a list of all spheres and are supernatural. Some spheres correspond to secrets in Spellcrafts which can be learned supernaturally. But these secrets dont show up in the list of things you can use in-game in either arena or adventure mode. I havent found a wizard in legends, but the secrets themselves are gifted to worshippers of deities who then build towers like they used to, so that seems to be functioning.

Here's the raws for the wizard:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if the creature definition is just too long or what. Does anyone else have a clue WTF I dun did?

Yep, I'm having the same issue, though mine is more simplified.

This was my order:

1. Download 0.42.04 for Mac Intel.
2. Edit creature_standard.txt by adding [NATURAL_SKILL:SWIMMING:1] under dwarf, just like in scamtank's image. No other changes made.
3. Launch df.
4. Check dwarf in Arena Mode. Novice Swimming noted. All things go.
5. Generate new small world, or medium world.
6. Begin Adventure Mode.
7. Adding all stats into strength and crosswbow during dwarf character creation for this test run.
8. Check skills. No Novice Swimming.

So yeah, I think it's a bug.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:38:54 am by peasant cretin »

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2015, 07:13:48 am »

NULL
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:06:37 am by Dark Archon »
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »

What needs to be changed to make a civilization colonise a tundra? They have BIOME_SUPPORT set for it but they never seem to actually build anything there. I know it's possible, though, because I've seen it happen in mods before (admittedly, they weren't 42.x mods, but unless something's fundamentally changed about tundra biomes fairly recently, I don't see what should be different).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2015, 09:13:23 pm »

If I stick [CRAZED] on every creature during worldgen, that will make every civ at war with every other civ, right? I can take it off post-gen.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 01, 2016, 12:56:08 am »

I'm not sure that actually works during worldgen. It's worth finding out, though.

Snip

This was my order:

2. Edit creature_standard.txt by adding [NATURAL_SKILL:SWIMMING:1] under dwarf, just like in scamtank's image. No other changes made.
3. Launch df.
6. Begin Adventure Mode.
7. Adding all stats into strength and crosswbow during dwarf character creation for this test run.

Removing all but one skill and one sphere doesn't help my issue at all. I can only assume you're right that its a bug with the natural skills, and I'm guessing there's some bug mucking up the way supernatural learning works.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 01, 2016, 01:55:48 am »

this might explain why some bug people that would be legendary climbers don't really have that skill up.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 01, 2016, 02:26:23 am »

If a creature has the [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS] token, will those eggs actually hatch at some point?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 01, 2016, 02:57:22 am »

Nope. For the creature to breed, you'll need to have some castes that are actually capable of breeding and not just crapping out gemstones and statues.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 01, 2016, 03:10:12 am »

Nope. For the creature to breed, you'll need to have some castes that are actually capable of breeding and not just crapping out gemstones and statues.
I wasn't entirely sure, because the wiki still phrases it as them "laying eggs" so I was wondering if I took to long to claim an item, if a tiny screaming child was going to explode from it.
Instead, it's more of the "goose that laid a golden egg" thing. That's good to know. Thanks!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 01, 2016, 06:33:48 am »

I'm not sure that actually works during worldgen. It's worth finding out, though.

Snip

This was my order:

3. Launch df.
6. Begin Adventure Mode.

Removing all but one skill and one sphere doesn't help my issue at all. I can only assume you're right that its a bug with the natural skills, and I'm guessing there's some bug mucking up the way supernatural learning works.
Does that mean that natural skills don't work at all in Adventure mode? That sounds like a serious bug to me.
._.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 01, 2016, 07:20:33 am »

Just did a quick check of every Mac Intel iteration of 42.x with [NATURAL_SKILL:y:z] added in.

The NATURAL_SKILL will show in arena mode, but not in adventure mode.

When the bugtracker is back up I'll or whomever wants can post it.

EDIT: 1/4/2016. Added to Mantis.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:06:01 am by peasant cretin »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 01, 2016, 11:13:29 am »

Say, why do trees use structural plant templates as their basic mat, instead of wood templates? Does it make a difference?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 01, 2016, 01:08:28 pm »

What are the "sides" in worldgen? I remember there's four made of different combinations of [BABYSNATCHER] and [ITEM_THIEF], plus [UTTERANCES] and some others that are on their own.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 137