Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201326 times)

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2015, 02:35:58 pm »

Two questions -

How do i disable migration ?
and
How do i set kid to mature after 1 year ?
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2015, 02:46:55 pm »

Go into d_init and set POPULATION_CAP to something very low.  I'm not sure if it will prevent the first two migrant waves, but it should stop any more from arriving.

Go into the creature definition and set CHILD:(number) to 1.  You might want to get rid of BABY; I don't know if going straight from infant to adult would cause problems.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2015, 02:48:38 pm »

Two questions -

How do i disable migration ?
and
How do i set kid to mature after 1 year ?
For the first, you have to go in your DF folder, then data/init and open the file d-init.txt.Then, find the line [POPULATION_CAP:200] and change it so it is [POPULATION_CAP:0]. This is how it worked in earlier versions, so someone correct me if I got it wrong.

As for the second, go to raw/objects and find the creature_standard.txt file. I assume you are playing dwarfs, so in the dwarf creature (which is the first) and find [CHILD:12]. Change it to [CHILD:1]. If you want them to be born as children, rather than babies, delete [BABY:1]. Note that to affect already-present saves, you'll need to do the same inside your save folder.

Ninja'd
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2015, 03:10:29 pm »

For the first, you have to go in your DF folder, then data/init and open the file d-init.txt.Then, find the line [POPULATION_CAP:200] and change it so it is [POPULATION_CAP:0]. This is how it worked in earlier versions, so someone correct me if I got it wrong.

Go into d_init and set POPULATION_CAP to something very low.  I'm not sure if it will prevent the first two migrant waves, but it should stop any more from arriving.

But wouldn't it prevent any babies from being born ??
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 26, 2015, 03:21:15 pm »

No, that's just the STRICT cap, right under it.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »

But wouldn't it prevent any babies from being born ??
There is a separate cap for them, so I think not.

Ninja'd again.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 26, 2015, 03:29:52 pm »

Ok thanks guys.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 26, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »

What happens if you put something other than a weapon into an entity's DIGGER token? Does the entity actually use that item to dig, or is that function defined in the item instead?
They can dig with any ITEM_WEAPON with [SKILL:MINING] even if item is not defined as [DIGGER] in entity.
They will not use mining-skill-ITEM_TOOL for mining.
DIGGER token puts ITEM_WEAPON to the digging implements category on embark preparation screen.
If you put not-a-ITEM_WEAPON in the [DIGGER], not-a-ITEM_WEAPON will be replaced with first (first defined in the raws) ITEM_WEAPON
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 03:42:05 pm by sv-esk »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »

As sv-esk said, if you try to make it a tool you get to whip the dirt out of the ground instead.

On the other hand, if you REMOVE the DIGGER token it is nice for adventurer mode, because you can make dorfs start with a pick as a weapon, why did it take me so long to realize that?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2015, 02:53:18 am »

also if you stick digger token on the entity for another weapon they will start with both weapons at embark so you can have a pick, custom pick, golden encrusted pick, pick that's really a crossbow when you start a fort.

starting to wonder if writing different interactions for races help fort mode if this leads to "clerics who Resurrects your dead dwarves if you get one at the inn."
or get a demon summoner who transmorphs a patron into a small imp.
but really I want to know how do I shorten the time for a part time resident to become a full time resident?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2015, 04:49:55 am »

I was wrong, turned out it was the leftover entity stuff. Feel a bit stupid, but it's working now, so that's nice.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2015, 11:35:45 am »

One new syndrome token is [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000]. What do the two values mean?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 29, 2015, 02:58:18 pm »

It allows syndromes to stack, increasing its effects. It is used for alcohol, so that binge drinking affects creatures more harshly.

I don't know what the number arguments do, however.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »

I'd like to create an entity that doesn't accept anyone other than its original species as citizens or leaders. How do I do that?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »

You can't limit citizenship to my knowledge, but leadership can be controlled using a few tags. [ALLOWED_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE] would be the most relevant tag.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 137