Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108340 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #1110 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:54 pm »

Martijn frowns after the fellow as he silently slips his palmed knife up his sleeve, and remarks to a bystander:

That's a very angry man.

His aspect lightens as he turns to the others.

Thank you, friends. I'm in your debt.

((Well, now I'm glad I didn't actually cheat :P How much money do I add to my sheet, by the way?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 22, 2016, 10:49:09 pm »

Martijn frowns after the fellow as he silently slips his palmed knife up his sleeve, and remarks to a bystander:

That's a very angry man.

His aspect lightens as he turns to the others.

Thank you, friends. I'm in your debt.

((Well, now I'm glad I didn't actually cheat :P How much money do I add to my sheet, by the way?))
You earn 9 silver. The others seem a little worse for wear in terms of cash, but they know you earned it with a lucky play like that
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 23, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »

((Gonna assume the silence means everyone is good))

You finish your business and get some food in your bellies before you head out. Ewan helps the crew ready up and mans the rudder as you take off. You get to the shore closest to the moot and you start making your way there. As you get closer, you see members of the Earth-Shaker Clan marching there. Varg takes you there and you meet with the Red-Moons and the Earth-Shakers. Borg and Gorm stand on one side, while Ulf stands with a woman that you never met yet. A good portion of both clans watch from each side. Who goes up and who watches from a distance?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 24, 2016, 01:10:31 am »

((Yup. Did the alchemist manage to make an anti-venom for Varg or cures for the filth fever for us yet?

Also, I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a fight. Jehane can only manage a level 1 fighter impression right now, and Arioch is down his permanent meatshield until tomorrow.))

Jehane looks at the assembled tribes and then at the others "Well, looks like everyone's here to watch. I don't see any reason why we all shouldn't march down there - we all have a way with words, if needed."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 24, 2016, 06:34:08 am »

Arioch readies himself mentally for the incoming debate.

"It may not come down to it, but I still would love to have some scouts in case somebody decided to crash the party. Like the wererats.

I also suggest we pick a champion right now. I don't want to decide on one in the heat of the debates. Varg tells me that duels are traditional. I will, however, try to avoid that happening.

That said, I would be a poor choice, with my companion gone I don't think I could defeat a specialized fighter.

The fighters we currently have are James, Ewan and Martijn. Sorry, brother but i don't think you're very well off in a one on one fight without being able to go around them."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 24, 2016, 07:42:14 am »

Jehane smirks a bit "Given that Ewan isn't here, that comes down to me, then? I'm not at my best right now, so I'm hoping it doesn't come down to dueling. But I agree that of those here, I'm probably in the best condition to do so."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 24, 2016, 08:15:08 am »

((Actually I think Ewan is here. I asked Highmax a few questions he could answer since I didn't fancy rereading the entire thread for info for the negotiations.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:18 am »

((Huh, you're right. I had missed that he was manning the rudder. Ah well, I'll just assume that he was bringing up the rear and Jehane hadn't seen him join them yet. >_>))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:28 am »

"I don't see much reason for all of us not to go. Each has something to contribute. Still, for safety's sake I recommend Ewan stays here and keep an eye on the situation. Is that fine with you, Ewan?

A person from here can see the general mood of both clans much better than over there. We can have a torch signal system. One torch that they're getting restless, Two that things are getting very bad and three that something major is happening like a wererat ambush or some equal disaster."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 24, 2016, 11:44:27 am »

"I don't see much reason for all of us not to go. Each has something to contribute. Still, for safety's sake I recommend Ewan stays here and keep an eye on the situation. Is that fine with you, Ewan?

A person from here can see the general mood of both clans much better than over there. We can have a torch signal system. One torch that they're getting restless, Two that things are getting very bad and three that something major is happening like a wererat ambush or some equal disaster."

Ewan shakes his head.

"I've had time with the people and got to know each on a personal level. For those who aren't here, I would be best suited to speak on their behalf. I doubt a wererat attack is our biggest concern with how many warriors are on each side. Look."[/color

He points at a few spots in each area and you see a solid five warriors plus Bjern surrounding the area around the Earth-Shaker side, and the Red-Moons have most of their clan here, with four armed warriors covering the rear.

"I think the woman speaking on the Red-Moon side of the moot is a shaman if some sort. I get an uneasy feeling... If you take a good look when you get closer, you'd see what I mean. My sailor eyes are still spotting things from afar."

As you're talking, Varg hobbles over to the side of the Red-Moon speakers, using his axe like a cane as his leg is still hurting, and they wait, mostly patiently, for you.

((Yup. Did the alchemist manage to make an anti-venom for Varg or cures for the filth fever for us yet?

Also, I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a fight. Jehane can only manage a level 1 fighter impression right now, and Arioch is down his permanent meatshield until tomorrow.))

Jehane looks at the assembled tribes and then at the others "Well, looks like everyone's here to watch. I don't see any reason why we all shouldn't march down there - we all have a way with words, if needed."

((You took it before you left. You feel the effects take over now, and you're no longer feeling ill))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 3: Making of a Nation
« Reply #1120 on: June 24, 2016, 01:46:08 pm »

"Exactly my point, Ewan. They haven't brought more than a few people at the negotiation tables. We'd best do the same and let you stay back and look menacing.

I've been doing rounds with the people too. Or are you saying I and the rest can't represent our group properly?"

((I suppose this is a diplo check? All associated bonuses with it, please. I'm on the phone and can't check.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 24, 2016, 05:26:26 pm »

"Exactly my point, Ewan. They haven't brought more than a few people at the negotiation tables. We'd best do the same and let you stay back and look menacing.

I've been doing rounds with the people too. Or are you saying I and the rest can't represent our group properly?"

((I suppose this is a diplo check? All associated bonuses with it, please. I'm on the phone and can't check.))
(?) Ewan looks down at himself and you realize that an old man with rags for clothes and hardly any muscle is really not the best choice for looking menacing, and he knows that as he gives you a look that a weapon seller would give you if you asked to buy dung off of him.

"In terms of intimidation, I think you and your brother are clearly better options... A spellcaster that they seem to fear and a man who stalks the shadows."

((AKA you and Martijn have the highest intimidate skill at 9 and 8. In terms of strength, Jehane is best, as well as being the most clad in metal (which they don't seem to know of fully), Ritiki is least suited for this, looking like a wererat midget (sorry if thats really insulting). Combat-wise, Martijn seems to be the best bet, since Ewan can't do anything useful with his fists.

I will point out, just to speed this along, that Varg would have mentioned if there was a limit to how many can go up to the others and speak for them.

And since I was at work when this happened....))

Chapter 3: Making of a Nation

"Sail on till you reach the promised land, we all wait for a new tomorrow. We'll bring a new age, along with the final wave..."
-Blind Guardian

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 24, 2016, 05:50:02 pm »

((I'd still prefer Ewan to not come with us, but I guess my vote is out the window now. I shall let the others decide.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 24, 2016, 07:30:07 pm »

Intimidating? Me?

Martijn tries to look innocent and fails, then shrugs his shoulders.

I'm happy to go up, but don't expect me to have much to say.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 25, 2016, 01:21:15 am »

((Jehane also has a 9 in intimidate, and a growing track record in creatively insulting her opponent before they die.

That said, we're into the next chapter, hurrah!

I don't have a problem if Ewan tags along))
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 86