Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108397 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2015, 07:02:21 pm »

((I think we have a source of enlarge person potions. James calls dibs on any fire flowers that we find that lets you spam fireball attacks. :P))

James prepares the cloven badger with his dagger, but leaves the more intact one untouched for later study before butchering. Experimentally, he casts Purify Food and Drink on the prepared badger.

"Well, we got something fresh to eat tonight, but once Mauricio is back, we can better catch up with the others and make sure we're safely in cover before nightfall."
They take about an hour to prepare and the sun starts to lower. There is a lot of meat here, being that the badger is the size of a bear. You purify the prepared badger meat. Varg took this time to assist you as well.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2015, 08:16:15 pm »

((I searched too. And looked for my daggers.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2015, 10:55:22 pm »

((I searched too. And looked for my daggers.))
You find your daggers. They have some excess gore on them and chunks of eyeball on it, but otherwise, its fine. ((I didn;t skip you. They aren't arrows so they won't break, so I assumed you got them without a hassle))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 26, 2015, 07:32:00 am »

((Oh... Cutting one in half suddenly became a lot more epic, I thought it was the size of a large dog >_>

I assume preparing the badger for transport took the same amount of time as the mushroom hunt. If we split up the load, can we carry everything back without movement penalties? ((for example, Varg and James carrying the intact badger and the others splitting up the badger meat))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2015, 08:13:54 am »

((I thought that Varg was leaning on somebody the whole way because he was that wounded. Is he even in a state of carrying anything instead of fainting from loss of blood?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2015, 08:50:37 am »

((I healed him up to his current best condition, and he was able to fight, but that is the question if he can help carry the badgers or not))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 26, 2015, 01:16:19 pm »

((I healed him up to his current best condition, and he was able to fight, but that is the question if he can help carry the badgers or not))
((Just a warning, he has a con score of 7 right now. That's why he's pale, he had a lot of con damage))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 26, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »

"Ah, I see that you have started the dissection," Mauricio jokes as he rejoins the group. "I have collected several samples to investigate more thoroughly when we return to camp. Shall we begin the journey or is there some other task we need to accomplish first?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2015, 08:27:41 pm »

Wiping off his daggers, Martijn returns in time to hear Mauricio's question. He expresses desire to go back, then offers to help carry badger produce.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2015, 01:38:45 am »

James grins a little at Mauricio's joke "I think anything else can better wait until tomorrow. The cave is the opposite direction from where the boats landed, and we need to kick anyone still lingering there awake on our way through. I imagine the White Fangs are going to notice ships beached on the shore rather quickly."

James divies up carrying duties to take as much of the badgers with them as possible.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 27, 2015, 01:47:26 am »

Ritiki offers to carry what he can, but it should be obvious to all that his carrying capacity is...not great.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 27, 2015, 12:38:15 pm »

((Yeah, I worded it that way so that Highmax, who has access to everyone's character sheets, can figure out how much the badgers weigh and how much each person can carry. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 27, 2015, 01:36:10 pm »

((Chances are, you'll be dragging parts of it. Again, these are the size of black bears. And it's either these or the dire wolverines that are 1000lbs. I'll check when I'm home, I've been either working or asleep the past couple days))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2015, 04:18:59 pm »

((Correction: they are 500lbs and 4ft tall when on all fours))

After field dressing the badger ((removing internal organs, etc.)) you have 295lbs of meat to carry back, plus a giant badger head and four paws (head weighs 10lbs, paws are 3lbs each). To carry it all back, everyone has to carry 59lbs of meat ((not including the body of the intact badger)). The intact badger is too heavy for everyone to carry alone (and poor Ritiki can't even drag the thing bigger than him).

Adding on the weight, everyone is at at least medium load and some are almost at their heavy load. Everyone is treated as carrying a medium load (20ft move speed (15ft for Ritiki), max dex bonus is +3 for AC, -3 to certain checks). Varg takes some extra so Ritiki isn't at a heavy load.

What will the party do about the body?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2015, 01:38:50 am »

((Does some checking...

OK, heavy loads doesn't reduce our movement speed any further. I suggest that Ritiki's load is shifted so that he only has a light load, and then we're all moving at 20ft/round for going back.

Also, I've done some looking, and I don't see anything to indicate that the carried amount reduces your ability to drag something, in which case, James alone is fully capable of dragging the badger corpse along behind them. It won't be as pretty by the end I'm guessing, but we'll have it. We wouldn't be able to carry it without three or four fully unloaded people.))

James sees Ritiki stagger a bit under the amount of meat piled in his arms and gestures for him to give him some until he's down to a light burden, grunting only a little as the weight is added to what he's carrying. "Let's not get caught out here carrying piles of meat. Everyone done, everyone has what they were looking for? Let's get going then."

James grabs the front legs of the badger and growls as he starts pulling the heavy corpse along, muttering in Draconic to himself.

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 86