Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108395 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2015, 05:58:16 pm »

Ritiki played a quick ditty of triumph before letting the violin vanish back to whatever plane summoned instruments came from.

"Well done! Nice of you to start butchering it for us."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2015, 01:27:41 am »

James pants for breath, feeling his muscles ache with the exertion of that last savage attack and feeling the claw wound from the badger burn painfully.
"Sorry about getting badger all over you, Martijn." he apologizes, stepping away from the butchered corpse to clean his sword.

James casts Cure Light Wounds on himself, and then casts Detect Magic on the badger corpses

"I wonder if these were always this big, or if something was making them grow."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2015, 01:39:14 am »

James pants for breath, feeling his muscles ache with the exertion of that last savage attack and feeling the claw wound from the badger burn painfully.
"Sorry about getting badger all over you, Martijn." he apologizes, stepping away from the butchered corpse to clean his sword.

James casts Cure Light Wounds on himself, and then casts Detect Magic on the badger corpses

"I wonder if these were always this big, or if something was making them grow."
You heal yourself for (5+1) hp and detect magic. There seems to be some sort of effect on them, similar to the effects of enlarge person. The source seems to come from the red plant-like stuff from the rabid one's mouth
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2015, 02:09:51 am »

"Huh, if we can find more of those red plants, someone with more knowledge about plants and nature might be able to tell us more."

James tries to recover his bolt, the collects and dusts off his crossbow

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 24, 2015, 02:25:05 am »

"Huh, if we can find more of those red plants, someone with more knowledge about plants and nature might be able to tell us more."

James tries to recover his bolt, the collects and dusts off his crossbow
(??) You retrieve your bolt safely

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 24, 2015, 11:20:45 am »

Martijn whistles cheerfully, nodding his head to Ritki's music, and casually draws his dagger from the dead badger, then searches for his other dagger which missed its target and also any of the red plants while he's at it.

Well now. I have to say a badger bath is a new one for me, James, but life is full of such....events. Impressive blow!

He tries to clean himself with anything that's to hand - badger pelt or grass, most likely.

Still. Next time, try to be a little less eager, hmmm? Martijn grins impishly at the warrior.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 24, 2015, 12:04:39 pm »

Mauricio collects their arrows, both the intact and damaged ones. After all, he can always find someone to make him a new arrow with the old arrowhead.

"My knowledge of plants and their effects is rather meagre, but I would certainly be happy to assist in this endeavour," he says modestly. "I would be most happy if someone were to take the corpses back to camp in the meantime. We could perhaps use their pelts and meat, and I do wish to examine them in greater detail later. Who knows what insights we might gain, even from bodies as roughly-treated as these?"

Assuming that no one objects, Mauricio examines the nearby forest for red plants such as the badgers were eating. Along with anything else new or interesting he might stumble upon while he is at it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 24, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »

Mauricio collects their arrows, both the intact and damaged ones. After all, he can always find someone to make him a new arrow with the old arrowhead.

"My knowledge of plants and their effects is rather meagre, but I would certainly be happy to assist in this endeavour," he says modestly. "I would be most happy if someone were to take the corpses back to camp in the meantime. We could perhaps use their pelts and meat, and I do wish to examine them in greater detail later. Who knows what insights we might gain, even from bodies as roughly-treated as these?"

Assuming that no one objects, Mauricio examines the nearby forest for red plants such as the badgers were eating. Along with anything else new or interesting he might stumble upon while he is at it.
(18+6) You find some tracks and follow them to a spot not far from where you are. The red plants are for sure not what you were expecting when you find them in patches roughly 100' from where the badgers fell. They're bright red mushrooms with white spots and nibble marks on a few of them. (?) You have never heard or seen of these mushrooms before, and you assume them to be native to this area

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 24, 2015, 02:36:01 pm »

Collect a few samples to take back to the camp, making sure to avoid skin contact. Who knows how poisonous they are to humans?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2015, 03:08:07 pm »

Collect a few samples to take back to the camp, making sure to avoid skin contact. Who knows how poisonous they are to humans?
You start picking a few. (10+6) You collect 2 mushrooms with your ((presumably)) gloved hands. They're very aromatic, but there is a very strange scent near some of the ones you didn't pick up and had nibble marks on them. It doesn't blend well.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2015, 03:58:45 pm »

Did the ones collected not have nibble marks on them?

Cast Detect Magic either way. Perhaps something is magical about the different-smelling mushrooms?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 24, 2015, 04:02:53 pm »

Did the ones collected not have nibble marks on them?

Cast Detect Magic either way. Perhaps something is magical about the different-smelling mushrooms?
You don't detect anything different on the different smelling mushrooms. The mushrooms you picked up and the mushrooms all over seem to have a natural effect similar to the enlarge person spell.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2015, 04:12:50 pm »

Collect a few of the nibbled mushrooms anyways (again, using gloves which I believe comes with my outfit), just in case. They might be riper or something like that.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 24, 2015, 04:50:38 pm »

((I searched too. And looked for my daggers.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »

((I think we have a source of enlarge person potions. James calls dibs on any fire flowers that we find that lets you spam fireball attacks. :P))

James prepares the cloven badger with his dagger, but leaves the more intact one untouched for later study before butchering. Experimentally, he casts Purify Food and Drink on the prepared badger.

"Well, we got something fresh to eat tonight, but once Mauricio is back, we can better catch up with the others and make sure we're safely in cover before nightfall."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 86