Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108352 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:55 am »

((Assuming we're in an area where silver or mithril ore is available. I agree we'd need to check for wolfsbane, but I'd imagine the natives wiped that out pretty effectively.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2015, 11:14:19 am »

Martijn nods, sees a majority (Varg, himself and James) wants to go, and starts the walk towards the forest. As he gets closer, he starts to sneak, just in case there's a nasty surprise ahead.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2015, 12:21:06 pm »

((Well, if they follow the regular were rules, what will really tip the balance is finding silver and producing silver weapons. They'd suddenly go from things plinking away at each other for a few HPs at most per attack because of the damage resistance to being hit for full damage from weapons.

We might be able to reach an agreement with the Night Stalker weresharks, but the White Fangs sound like they'll be out and out antagonists.))
((You have it backwards. White-Fangs are Weresharks (they're Great Whites) and the Night-Stalkers are werewolves))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »

With a grin directed at everyone, Martijn walks towards the forest, but stops a few metres away. Unless Varg or Mauricio does not wish to come?

"Of course! I would be glad to assist!" Mauricio goes with everyone else into the forest. They lost an arrow to the badger after all, and would live to recover that as well.

((I agree we'd need to check for wolfsbane, but I'd imagine the natives wiped that out pretty effectively.))

((Think about all of the poisonous or annoying plants that we haven't managed to get rid of. Poison ivy is the first one that comes to my mind. The tribes might have scoured the immediate area of wolfsbane using magic, but I doubt that they could cleanse the entire land of it. Assuming that it existed here in the first place, of course.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2015, 04:47:45 pm »

Ritiki isn't happy about the delay, but he hefts his crossbow and sneaks ahead of the rest of the group. +11 Stealth, gooooo
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2015, 05:06:03 pm »

((Go team stealth! James will back you up as bait from a range for any first strike :P))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2015, 05:16:44 pm »

((Being small does have its advantages. Like an innate +4 to sneakiness-related activities :P ))

Ritiki also makes a Knowledge (Nature) roll to see if he knows about any weaknesses badgers have.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2015, 12:46:54 am »

Ritiki isn't happy about the delay, but he hefts his crossbow and sneaks ahead of the rest of the group. +11 Stealth, gooooo
(14+11) You stalk ahead of the party, leading them into the wood. (9+4+1) You recall that the large badgers are known to go into a fury like berserkers. Otherwise, you don't recall much else.

The thrashing is loud and violent, and you come across two large badgers. One of them is covered in blood and has a dagger lodged in it and a third large badger is ripped apart on the ground, its wounds reveal it was probably slain by the enraged and half-blind badger in its fury. The two badgers are growling at one another and circling each other, and the large badger looks wounded but somehow healed and more ferocious. It even looks slightly bigger than the other one. The angry one is 20' from you and the other is 30' away from you, and your companions are 20' behind you. The badgers are distracted with one another to notice you.

(CRIT) Martijn recognizes the dagger in the eye of the bloody badger from the distance of 40' through thick brush, and you see that it is definateley in a better state than you left him in before your last run in and he looks bulkier. You don't know how you can tell, but you can tell he's more vicious than before. There is also some red in his teeth that isn't blood red, but rather like a red rose color, and you can tell its plant-like... Do badgers of that size even bother eating plants?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:43 am »

((Are we rolling for initiative?
Also, any ideas?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2015, 01:05:10 am »

((Investigate for interesting plants afterwards - finding a natural source of healing potion material would be nice.

Otherwise, James idea would be to wait for the badgers to close for combat again, then start shooting the stronger from range. As long as they stay at it, keep the balance together by shooting whoever looks like it has the upper hand.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2015, 01:05:43 am »

((Are we rolling for initiative?
Also, any ideas?))
((You're up first))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2015, 03:59:18 am »

((not sure I can do this but...))

Ready an action: Ritiki will shoot his crossbow at the nearest badger if they start to charge at him. If they ignore him, or if they start fighting each other, he will aim for the largest one.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2015, 11:36:34 am »

((not sure I can do this but...))

Ready an action: Ritiki will shoot his crossbow at the nearest badger if they start to charge at him. If they ignore him, or if they start fighting each other, he will aim for the largest one.
((Sorry for taking so long to update, its been a rough week with exams and other stuff in RL))

You watch them circle around once and then the bulkier one charges the other one and bites into him, hurting him slightly as the two start to fight.

You fire your crossbow at the angrier one. (6+4) The arrow gets blocked by his thick hide as the bolt skids across it harmlessly. It turns to you and roars!

Mauricio goes next as the badger looks your way!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2015, 01:46:58 pm »

Move immediately behind Ritiki and fire an arrow at DB. Enjoy +1 to hit and damage from feat.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2015, 12:41:15 am »

Move immediately behind Ritiki and fire an arrow at DB. Enjoy +1 to hit and damage from feat.
You fire an arrow at the not-angry badger! (FUMBLE) You pull back your bow and aim at the badger and release. Somehow, some way, the force of the string tears the arrow into two, the arrow's pieces flying away from you and into your face. You take (2) damage and permanently lose an arrow.

DB bites at his foe but he FUMBLES and lands flat on his face, getting a mouth full of dirt as he is knocked prone.

Martijn takes his turn

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 86