Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108329 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2015, 04:16:00 pm »

James smiles faintly at Mauricio's assumption.

"Heh... no, they were one of the other sapient inhabitants of this land. They weren't versed with the clan structure of those who stalked them at night. Only in their aspects... skinchangers who took the forms of wolves, sharks and bears."

James watches Varg closely for his reaction to his words.

"Natural recovery will take a while, and this fellow doesn't look like he'll be on his feet much longer. We have many questions now. This was going to come out anyway... might as well be to a useful purpose."

James places his hand on Varg's shoulder. He concentrates, and speaks in a sibilant, grating language.

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

James cast Cure Light Wounds on Varg

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2015, 04:19:14 pm »

Martijn draws in a quick breath at the magic and shuffles back a step or two.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2015, 05:13:19 pm »

James smiles faintly at Mauricio's assumption.

"Heh... no, they were one of the other sapient inhabitants of this land. They weren't versed with the clan structure of those who stalked them at night. Only in their aspects... skinchangers who took the forms of wolves, sharks and bears."

James watches Varg closely for his reaction to his words.

"Natural recovery will take a while, and this fellow doesn't look like he'll be on his feet much longer. We have many questions now. This was going to come out anyway... might as well be to a useful purpose."

James places his hand on Varg's shoulder. He concentrates, and speaks in a sibilant, grating language.

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

James cast Cure Light Wounds on Varg
You heal him for (5+1), and his wounds close, but he still looks pale and weakened. He still looks like he's struggling, but at least he can stand up without a crutch.

"Thank you... I'm still a little light-headed, but I'll last. Our Shamans could do this as well, but I'm far from home.

You will have to forgive me, but my clan is on the other side of the marsh. I was mostly interested in seeing what those blades are made of. It shines in the sun, cuts better than my blade, and it lasts much longer than the tools and weapons we use. And looking at you..."
He stares down James, analyzing him deeply.

He cocks his head, looking you head to toe. He looks puzzled to say the least

"You wear the same material as clothing... What is it?"

The five of you turn your heads as you hear something in the brush, but still distant, that sounds like roaring with slashing.

"Of course, I guess with you all being from so many tribes, your scent seems... Mixed. Its unlike anything I have noticed before. I will tell you, as of course, you are surely wary of me. We at the Red-Moon clan take forms of wolves. The White-Fangs take form of sharks, and the Night-Stalkers are, sadly, wolves as well. I would assume you being of our kind, you would have smelled it on me?"

He looks confused.

"Perhaps, now is not the time to talk of this. If you would have me, I would ask that I stay with you until I regain my strength. Hopefully, it won't take long and I will not be a burden to you."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »

A wolf you say? My father told me old tales, but I never believed....well. I say you can stay with us for as long as you wish, but I'm just one voice here. As for that sound we heard...it may be a giant badger Mauricio and I took care of a while back. We injured it, and badly too I would say, but I'm afraid I lost one of my daggers to it. From this man's account, we won't be able to get more any time soon. I wonder if it would be possible to retrieve it? Could even catch ourselves a....large...amount of meat.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2015, 09:31:12 pm »

"Your dagger-hunt will likely have to wait for another day. All James and I managed to find was a large cave, no paths up the cliffs at all. It will hold the people for the night at least. We should get back and help fortify it."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2015, 03:57:18 am »

((How far away is the thrashing in the brush? And how late in the day is it? I'm fine with retrieving the dagger, but not if we risk being caught outside as night falls. I'd rather not have to try to run back to the caves with weresharks biting (literally) at our heels.))

James eyes Varg warily as he is intensely scrutanized, and then relaxes a little when the man starts asking about his armor and weapons.

"My weapons and armor are made from steel. It's a blend of... hm. I take it your people don't have any metalworking at all? At its most basic then, metals are found in certain types of rock. If extracted from the rock and heated, they become workable and can be formed into the desired shape. When cooled, they are stronger and sharper then objects of wood and stone."

James nods at Martijn's request "I wouldn't mind something different then fish, travel rations or hardtack, though I've never tried badger before. But before we return to our... tribe, we need to discuss something."

James looks at Varg squarely.

"I think we need all the friendly viewpoints about these lands that we can find. Varg, I trust in your honor as a member of the Red-Moon Clan. Can you swear that you will not raise your hand against anyone of my tribe unless they threaten you first? Even under the light of a full moon?"

((Sense Motive or Perception on his response, whichever makes more sense for judging his truthfulness.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2015, 03:51:59 pm »

((How far away is the thrashing in the brush? And how late in the day is it? I'm fine with retrieving the dagger, but not if we risk being caught outside as night falls. I'd rather not have to try to run back to the caves with weresharks biting (literally) at our heels.))

James eyes Varg warily as he is intensely scrutanized, and then relaxes a little when the man starts asking about his armor and weapons.

"My weapons and armor are made from steel. It's a blend of... hm. I take it your people don't have any metalworking at all? At its most basic then, metals are found in certain types of rock. If extracted from the rock and heated, they become workable and can be formed into the desired shape. When cooled, they are stronger and sharper then objects of wood and stone."

James nods at Martijn's request "I wouldn't mind something different then fish, travel rations or hardtack, though I've never tried badger before. But before we return to our... tribe, we need to discuss something."

James looks at Varg squarely.

"I think we need all the friendly viewpoints about these lands that we can find. Varg, I trust in your honor as a member of the Red-Moon Clan. Can you swear that you will not raise your hand against anyone of my tribe unless they threaten you first? Even under the light of a full moon?"

((Sense Motive or Perception on his response, whichever makes more sense for judging his truthfulness.))

((Roughly 30 minute walk into the wood, maybe more. It is about an hour or two past the sun's highest point))

Varg looks even more confused.

"Steel? I may ask of you to show me one day how you turn this metal into steel, and that steel into tools and weapons.

I don't understand. We all change under the full moon. Are you unable to control your other forms?

If I had the desire to harm you, I would have done so by now. You healed my wounds as best as I can be without some rest, and I owe you my life. I swear on the Honor of The Red-Moon Clan, I will bring no harm unto you or your tribe."

(18+4) vs ? You believe him to be telling the truth

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2015, 03:59:50 pm »

((We better hide the wolfsbane, heh.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2015, 04:41:32 pm »

James looks at the others

"I trust his word. I also think that we have time to finish this badger, retrieve Martijn's blade, and come back with some fresh fare for everyone. At least, if they can stomach badger."

He turns to Varg

"Do your people have any knowledge or legends of other tribes whose members do not change their forms? As for metalworking, I can tell you a little, but there may be others in our tribe with much more knowledge."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2015, 05:15:15 pm »

Excellent! Shall we walk and talk? Sorry Martijn pauses as he tries to recall the rat man's name, Ritki, but I'd rather not waste good metal if I can help it.

With a grin directed at everyone, Martijn walks towards the forest, but stops a few metres away. Unless Varg or Mauricio does not wish to come?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2015, 05:59:13 pm »

James looks at the others

"I trust his word. I also think that we have time to finish this badger, retrieve Martijn's blade, and come back with some fresh fare for everyone. At least, if they can stomach badger."

He turns to Varg

"Do your people have any knowledge or legends of other tribes whose members do not change their forms? As for metalworking, I can tell you a little, but there may be others in our tribe with much more knowledge."

"I don't understand. There are some of us that DON'T change?"

He looks absolutely appalled by this.

"I appreciate the offer and I will guard the secrets if you so wish.

I may be a hindrance, but I will join you."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2015, 05:57:51 am »

James hefts his crossbow and walks over to stand next to Martijn "Hopefully if its as injured as you say, we can finish it with bolts or arrows. If the big version is anything like a regular badger, I'd rather not get in close when it's angry."

((If Varg is around during the next full moon, this is going to end up... awkward. :P))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2015, 08:40:14 am »

((From what I understand, they can control themselves. However I agree. Something's fishy. We need a tight rein on these weres. Since we seem to be technologically superior by far, I suggest we use that to our advantage and not blindly give away our knowledge. Get a few of the tribes to get rid of the problem tribes (White-Fangs) and we'll be much better standing.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2015, 08:48:05 am »

((Well, if they follow the regular were rules, what will really tip the balance is finding silver and producing silver weapons. They'd suddenly go from things plinking away at each other for a few HPs at most per attack because of the damage resistance to being hit for full damage from weapons.

We might be able to reach an agreement with the Night Stalker weresharks, but the White Fangs sound like they'll be out and out antagonists.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2015, 09:05:22 am »

((I don't think it'll be that hard to deal with. We just need to settle down, start mining and producing silver. In fact I reckon we can do that rather quickly. I wonder if the alchemist can produce wolfsbane in the meanwhile.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 86