Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108305 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2015, 12:46:23 pm »

My skills? Oh, I just picked them up along the way. Call them a remnant of my misspent youth, if you will.

Coming to the marsh.

Now the question is - marsh, forest, or back? I would advise against the marsh, and the forest may be home to more beasts of that badger's ilk. Still, adventure could be had here, if we were to look.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:50:31 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2015, 04:31:25 pm »

"Hmmm... I would say that the marsh might be worthy of investigation, since we are already here. The chances are highly likely that we'll find nothing of interest nor any shelter for the night, but we should look anyways. Exhausting our options before we return is the most sensible route, don't you agree?"

Continue to the marsh.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2015, 04:32:49 pm »

Shrug, grin wryly, and follow.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2015, 06:08:17 pm »

Ritiki shrugs.

"Fine, we head back. Just make sure you get cave opening wide enough for wagon to get in. Holds lots of supplies we not want wereanimals to get."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:41 am »

Directed at the creatures, Arioch talks to them.

"I believe it would be beneficial for our tribes to maintain communication, lest more undesirable results happen when our tribes meet due to misunderstandings. Would an envoy from your tribe be a proper suggestion? It may be that if we pool our knowledge together we may be able to start banishing these creatures. Tell your leaders of my suggestion."

Arioch now directs the other party members.

"We should start heading back. We should be ready to move and set up by evening. However I am worried about the surroundings. I think it best for you two to meet up with the other scouts and scout some more before darkness falls. I'll stay back with the fellow back there and my friend with the Roc to protect the people and start moving things towards here. Sounds fair I presume?"
James looks at Arioch for a long moment as he makes his suggestions - bordering on orders - including him staying behind in safety. After another moment, the slender man shrugs.

"I suppose that's reasonable, and between you and your pets, it splits those able to fight well somewhat fairly. That said, I'd like to talk with our new friends for a few minutes more and see what they can quickly tell us."

James talks to the lizardmen in Draconian

"Thank you for your generosity and willingness to discuss with us. As my companion suggests, it would be good if there was an envoy from your tribe, that we can work together better. Should troubles come, I believe your tribe would be welcome to shelter with our own.

What can you tell us of the lands around us? Are there places to be avoided at all costs, or others where the hunting is good?"

((James is basically just quizzing them for a local's view of the surroundings, landmarks, oddities, anything else that can give them a rough idea of what's around them.))
James:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You head back towards the camp and make it back after two hours. Ewan tells you that he hasn't heard from the others yet, but they're ready to move. Since its along the coast, they use the boats to transport others quickly. Arioch, the redhead and Ewan make their way there and arrive in half the time. The other two, James and Ritiki, make their way following the fresh and easy to follow tracks towards the other scouts.

((Because the time doesn't line up, I'll wait for the other group to get in sync. There's a 30 minute time difference so far))

"Hmmm... I would say that the marsh might be worthy of investigation, since we are already here. The chances are highly likely that we'll find nothing of interest nor any shelter for the night, but we should look anyways. Exhausting our options before we return is the most sensible route, don't you agree?"

Continue to the marsh.
Shrug, grin wryly, and follow.
(?) You walk into the marsh and follow the higher ground. The ground sinks almost every step you take and the water is covered in a thick layer of algae. The smell of bog fills your nostrils, and water tries vigorously to get into your boots. Within a minute of going into the marsh, you hear the flapping of wings like a bat's. You see two flying things in its direction that look like a mamal-like mosquito with wings closer to a bat than an insect. It has the stinger-like mouths similar to that of a mosquito. (?) (?) They don't seem to notice you yet, and they seem to be harassing something but you can't see it, and are 100' away

((Waitlist if'n ya don't mind.))
((Added!))

((Sorry it took so long to post, been busy with schoolwork and other things the past bit, plus exams are coming up. I also had only 3 hours of sleep on Monday and had no sleep Tuesday, so I've been tired till today (got some sleep finally). If I get sprse with my posts, I apologize in advance, because life kind of has me by the throat right now...))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:20:59 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2015, 12:52:38 pm »

((No problem, I'm patient, and school definitely goes first.

Let us know when we're in sync. Also, James is keeping a very close eye on the time, and keeping track of how long it'll take them to get back to the caves moving at a good pace. He does NOT want to be outside when the moon comes up.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2015, 01:06:43 pm »

((Will it be possible for me to start handing out roles or dealing with the men we've got? Like the male/female ratio, each person's skills and any requests they might have. Ideally once it's morning, it's probably a good idea to clear out the forest using all PCs and check whether there's shelter there and send two of us to scout the plains.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »

((I'm fine with that, but James will start interfering if he's ending up margainalized in the plans))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2015, 01:28:26 pm »

((I'm fine with that, but James will start interfering if he's ending up margainalized in the plans))

((I honestly left my character back because he is a summoner meaning more manpower if something does show up. I don't see how any of you can be marginalized. After all, all of you are essential to my evil, evil plans to conquer the world. Hoho.  :P))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »

Gesturing at his companion to remain silent, Martijn uses stealth to move towards whatever the beasts are circling.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2015, 08:33:09 pm »

Mauricio nods in understanding, and follows his companion from a slight distance. Maintaining stealth is paramount here, of course.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2015, 02:09:19 pm »

((Will it be possible for me to start handing out roles or dealing with the men we've got? Like the male/female ratio, each person's skills and any requests they might have. Ideally once it's morning, it's probably a good idea to clear out the forest using all PCs and check whether there's shelter there and send two of us to scout the plains.))
((There is Ritiki's family (I'm on my phone so I can't see, I think there was his wife and child of a gender I forgot?), and the rest are all humans, and 14 of them are male, 12 are female and two are children (both male). There are 4 who were woodcutters, 1 who was a miner, 1 was a blacksmith, 1 was a herbalist/potion maker, 2 were guards, and the rest are professionless))

Mauricio nods in understanding, and follows his companion from a slight distance. Maintaining stealth is paramount here, of course.
((I'll handle this when I can, I don't have access to your sheets on my phone, so I'm a bit SOL. If you could send me your stealth total that would help))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »

((Ritiki's family is a wife and a daughter. Wife is a seamstress, daughter is like 3 years old (the equivalent of a 5-year-old human) and has no profession.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2015, 08:25:55 pm »

((Please tell me we have somebody who knows how to build stuff. I do fancy us building a few wood houses, and not, you know, improvised shelters.

If we don't, does this mean that we might have to go on an expedition to find somebody who does or a tribe that does?

Are the guards armed? What tools/resources do we have?))

After getting the numbers from the group, Arioch gathers up the woodcutters and guardsmen and jollily tells them their temporary role.

"Congratulations. You six, along with the rest of us who can fight, are now the temporary militia until we settle down and things don't try to kill us at every corner."

Arioch then finds Ewan and gives him an approving look.

"I trust you'll be able to handle those six if you don't have anything better to do? Set a night and daily watch I suppose. We found some creatures here that called themselves troglodytes. If some come, don't attack them unless they attack first. They might be sending us an envoy to set up trade and other deals. I'd love to hear more about you too. Any other worries you might have?"

He then finds the herbalist.

"I hear you're fairly good at herbs and similar things. If you write down what you need for your trade, I'm sure that we'll start collecting what you need soon."

Next up is Kylie.

"I feel like the women would feel more comfortable with you, Kylie. I'd like for you to handle them and their requests. If they want to help, tell them that they can help gather herbs and similar once we're relatively sure nothing will attack them that we can't handle. If they have any other ideas, that's great.

One more thing. Best let your bird fly for a while until we reach the cave. I'd like it better if we had some local coverage and not going in blindly into anything. Even what was once scouted. Any other worries you might have"

((If a conflict arises during one of these interactions, assume I do the next interaction after I finish with the current one OR drop everything afterwards if it's something that can impede the next interactions.

Any roles your PC folks might want? Captain of the guard or some other nonsense like that? Trader? Local drunkard, heh?))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2015, 09:51:03 pm »

(8+5) (14+8) You both move in and see them heckling a human with long thick hair and a very hairy body and barely wearing anything save a loincloth and a hide coat. He's swinging around a crude stone axe and seems to be getting weaker as one of these floating monsters seems to be attached to him. You watch him rip it off and throw it on the ground, killing the creature, and blood pours out of his wound. You can see he's getting very weak from bloodloss. Nothing notices you and you get within 30' while low to the ground in stealth.

((Please tell me we have somebody who knows how to build stuff. I do fancy us building a few wood houses, and not, you know, improvised shelters.

If we don't, does this mean that we might have to go on an expedition to find somebody who does or a tribe that does?

Are the guards armed? What tools/resources do we have?))

After getting the numbers from the group, Arioch gathers up the woodcutters and guardsmen and jollily tells them their temporary role.

"Congratulations. You six, along with the rest of us who can fight, are now the temporary militia until we settle down and things don't try to kill us at every corner."

Arioch then finds Ewan and gives him an approving look.

"I trust you'll be able to handle those six if you don't have anything better to do? Set a night and daily watch I suppose. We found some creatures here that called themselves troglodytes. If some come, don't attack them unless they attack first. They might be sending us an envoy to set up trade and other deals. I'd love to hear more about you too. Any other worries you might have?"

He then finds the herbalist.

"I hear you're fairly good at herbs and similar things. If you write down what you need for your trade, I'm sure that we'll start collecting what you need soon."

Next up is Kylie.

"I feel like the women would feel more comfortable with you, Kylie. I'd like for you to handle them and their requests. If they want to help, tell them that they can help gather herbs and similar once we're relatively sure nothing will attack them that we can't handle. If they have any other ideas, that's great.

One more thing. Best let your bird fly for a while until we reach the cave. I'd like it better if we had some local coverage and not going in blindly into anything. Even what was once scouted. Any other worries you might have"

((If a conflict arises during one of these interactions, assume I do the next interaction after I finish with the current one OR drop everything afterwards if it's something that can impede the next interactions.

Any roles your PC folks might want? Captain of the guard or some other nonsense like that? Trader? Local drunkard, heh?))
The guards and woodcutters (two women and four men) look confused and shrug in agreement.

"We'd love to help, but we don't have any proper weapons to protect ourselves with."

The woodcutters do have hatchets ((read as handaxe)) but the guards have no gear whatsoever. None of them have any armor.

The herbalist nods at you after stroking his beard. His thick accent shows he's from Jergenholm originally.

"Aye. I'll see what I can do"

Ewan crosses his arms and bows his head in thought.

"I'd rather myself keep watch as best I can. I was going to ask you and the others who are armed to help keep watch. I don't need weapons, but I'm sure you and the others would aid me in watching them.

As for the trogs, I've heard of them. Its odd that they aren't hostile... I don't like it, but if they're willing to help us, then I'm sure the others would gladly accept."

Kylie looks at you and then half nods.

"I think they would listen to Ewan before me. Having Vethr around makes me more intimidating, and you having Vorlak out makes us probably the least desirable to be honest to. They're scared and far from home. Perhaps the captain would be better to talk to them with, man or woman."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86