Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108424 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »

((What makes you think we're skipping to morning? I'm fully expecting a night attack :P ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2016, 03:04:16 pm »

((Heh, so Martijn is the playa, Mauricio is the professor, James is the mercenary, Ritiki is the merchant and Arioch is the diplomat. We're definitely from a wide range of backgrounds and character types!

Also, don't skip to the next day right after the meeting ends, James also has stuff he wants to do before bed.))
((I'm surprised James hasn't said anything or even did an insight check on Varg. After all, you don't even know much about him or the Troglodytes))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2016, 03:54:09 pm »

((I sort of expected one of the others to do so, alomg with not thinking to from James. Thinking about it, he's also not going to invite closer scrutiny in return from the local lycanthrope. That said, I'll take the hint. :P))

James analyzes what Varg has said to this point, looking for signs of lies, half-truths or deception. He also studies the native intently

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2016, 04:02:04 pm »

Ritiki attempts to determine what Varg is thinking through Sense Motive.

((I've got +6, it's worth a shot. I assume that's what you meant, highmax, since there doesn't appear to be an Insight skill.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2016, 04:46:11 pm »

((I did use insight. I'm thinking it got completely ignored.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »

((I sort of expected one of the others to do so, alomg with not thinking to from James. Thinking about it, he's also not going to invite closer scrutiny in return from the local lycanthrope. That said, I'll take the hint. :P))

James analyzes what Varg has said to this point, looking for signs of lies, half-truths or deception. He also studies the native intently
Ritiki attempts to determine what Varg is thinking through Sense Motive.

((I've got +6, it's worth a shot. I assume that's what you meant, highmax, since there doesn't appear to be an Insight skill.))

(19+4) (13+6) ((I read your sheet, and how on earth do you have +6 with a wisdom mod of +0?)) (19+1)

James, Ritiki and Arioch see that Varg does indeed tell the truth.

"I assume this means that you three decided that we should consult the clans or tribes that are here. If we do this, I assume it will be myself, Ritiki and Arioch to take this endeavor to return Varg home.

That leaves the rest of you to discern what you will do. Mauricio, James, Kylie and Martijn; what do you four think that you will do while we take on this endeavor?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »

((It's a class skill, so by having a rank in it (+1) it automatically gets an extra +3 (+4). I also replaced the Ratfolk's Tinker racial trait with Market Dweller, which adds another +2 (+6 total).))

"Yes, I volunteer to help return Varg home. Might be able to help negotiate with leaders as well."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:56 pm »

((It's a class skill, so by having a rank in it (+1) it automatically gets an extra +3 (+4). I also replaced the Ratfolk's Tinker racial trait with Market Dweller, which adds another +2 (+6 total).))

"Yes, I volunteer to help return Varg home. Might be able to help negotiate with leaders as well."

"I welcome your help in this. Martijn and Mauricio saved my life, and I cannot repay them as of yet, and your hospitality is welcomed too. I will be sure to plead for cooperation at the very least for you all."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 04, 2016, 10:23:06 pm »

"Anything about your tribe customs we need to know before bring you back?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2016, 01:55:14 am »

James frowns in thought and glances at the other three, noticing that Martijn has clearly checked out from the meeting and is paying it little attention, instead focusing his attention on trying to catch the eye of the woman with the Roc, and smiling winningly when she glances in his direction. "There's plenty to do, and little idea how long you will be gone. I understand that Varg was found in the swamps, so I'm guessing you'll have to pass through there on your way back to his tribe.

As for plans... I'd like to get someone to the the top of these cliffs. If we can establish a lookout post there, one of the refugees can keep an eye out during the day for ships or signs of landing. The caves are fine as a temporary solution, and I saw a man with a pickaxe who can work the caves to make them a bit more pleasant... or at least a bit bigger. If those of us who are armed can scout the woods, we might be able to find some fruit, vegtables and roots to round out the food supply, and look to find someplace more permanent."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 05, 2016, 02:12:58 am »

"Anything about your tribe customs we need to know before bring you back?"
"The elder is very well respected, and it is customary that we show some sign of respect, be it a salute or a bow. The elder is over 70 winters old after all. Age is something we respect. I am 32 winters old myself, and in three years time, I will be considered quite old. Most men and women barely make it to see twenty winters. We are attacked often, as I said before."

((I've been working on a spreadsheet for the current population of people for the past 9 hours, and I now have names for all 30 people excluding party members. Each person has dispositions like in DF, where they will be individually happy, sad, scared, etc. depending on how people are. I will give an overall ranking of what the people are like when asked, though you will have to ask Ewan or someone who has been with the people for at least 4 hours (this is dedicated time. Doing this will also increase spirits if you wish to do so). I also have (privately) where each person is from. I also have families listed (there are six married couples, and three have kids (Ritiki's family counts in this), and the rest are single or related as siblings), and I also will later involve their family wealth and such when taxes become a thing. I added some more nations, but one in particular should be of interest; the one you all left from:

Flodborg (Pronounced Floo-d-bore-guh) – The costal city where the refugees and the party left from. They are peaceful and mostly neutral, though they have gained the ire of Iscaaria and other nations for their kindness and generosity. They hold a large population of halflings, but other races are here as well. They’re mostly naval and based on trade and diplomacy.

For some extra stuff, Kain is native from here, and like people from here, is known to have a thick Dutch-like accent. Out of all the dialects and accents, a good chunk of the men present have this accent.))

EDIT:

((Got ninja'd))

James frowns in thought and glances at the other three, noticing that Martijn has clearly checked out from the meeting and is paying it little attention, instead focusing his attention on trying to catch the eye of the woman with the Roc, and smiling winningly when she glances in his direction. "There's plenty to do, and little idea how long you will be gone. I understand that Varg was found in the swamps, so I'm guessing you'll have to pass through there on your way back to his tribe.

As for plans... I'd like to get someone to the the top of these cliffs. If we can establish a lookout post there, one of the refugees can keep an eye out during the day for ships or signs of landing. The caves are fine as a temporary solution, and I saw a man with a pickaxe who can work the caves to make them a bit more pleasant... or at least a bit bigger. If those of us who are armed can scout the woods, we might be able to find some fruit, vegtables and roots to round out the food supply, and look to find someplace more permanent."

"I understand.

Any objections?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 05, 2016, 05:37:10 am »

"None.

Shouldn't we talk to the alchemist now about the strange things you brought? I would also appreciate it Varg if you told us more about your customs and the customs of tribes with which you communicate. Like rituals or gestures that should not be done. It's incredibly easy to slight a person."

((Arioch was with the people for a while now. Does this mean I don't need to ask? If so what is the mood.))

Arioch turns around and searches for the Alchemist, but he finds his brother instead.

"Martjin. Do you want your liver eaten by a Roc? Because that's how you get your liver eaten by a Roc."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 05, 2016, 10:27:08 am »

Martijn jumps slightly, and realises that people are looking at him. James seems to have an arched eyebrow, but he could be imagining it. Smiling, he spreads his arms as if to say "what else could I have done." Casting his mind back, he seems to recall being asked a question.

Eh, I'll come along. I've gotten used to the big galoot, and I know where he was found. Martijn continues speaking without waiting for a reaction from Varg - no, don't look at me like that. I'm only being companionable. Beats staying here and searching for more grub, but I'm assuming we won't be setting out until the morning anyway.

Martijn subsides, and unless someone addresses him again he drifts slowly back into contemplation of the nice specimen of the finer sex in front of him.

((I'm guessing Mauricio only has such contemplation reserved for his biological studies, haha :P Also, Martijn is distinctly different from Nadarr, I'll say that.))
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:29:20 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 05, 2016, 10:55:53 am »

((Arioch is giving me off the same vibe Aurel did, which is not what I intended at all. I might have to rectify that if an opportunity shows up.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 05, 2016, 11:12:14 am »

((James is hopefully coming off a bit different then Karl, and will have more opportunity to show his differences in the future.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86