Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Comrads and Foes: PVP RPG ~Turn 3~  (Read 2490 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Comrads and Foes: PVP RPG ~Turn 3~
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:54:26 pm »

Hey, Stirk again~! I have had a base idea for a game for some time, but school naturally has taken up a bunch of my free time. I have most of next week off, letting me set up *something* for my large amount of free time during winter break.

The central idea is that this will be a standard RPG, much like the others on the forum. Rather than having one party go forth and slay legions upon legions of NPCs, it will instead have two parties. These two parties will be in direct conflict, the same theater of war, same battlefield, different threads. In many ways, it is based on "Weapon Design" games that can be seen on this forum, with one thread for each Party and a main thread for all the actions to get processed in. As only having Players as troops would lead to short (Plot-light) games, each Party will have a varying amount of NPC's supplementing them, ranging from mooks to named heroes who would fit right in with the party.

If this general idea interest you, please post! I will try running a play test next week, probably starting over the weekend. One of the predicted problems is the need for a decent amount of players (Preferably relatively even on both sides). If you have any comments or suggestions, this would be the time to state them.

As for the setting and plot of the actual game, I have several (equal in my eyes) settings I will allow players to choose from. I personally like to allow players to take place in how the games work, and letting them choose the setting is one way to help with that. The (Lack of time generic) plans are something as follows:

A WWII based game (Semi-realistic)
A story set in the "Alchemech" world from the other games that I abandoned  :P. (High-fantasy)
A post-zombie apocalypse war between a nation focused on embracing biology for technology against an industrial WWII-esque nation.
Something suggested by a player and agreed upon by the group at large.

Currently, there is enough interest check to start play-testing! If you want to Playtest, simply post your team (A or B) and join on that thread tomorrow morning. Please do not look into the opposing side's thread, even if this is only Playtesting cheating is no fun! Also, try to keep the teams relatively even if possible. Any gap will be filled by a GMNPC if necessary, but it isn't fun to fill giant gaps.

Currently, the Playtest will be in the "Alchemech" setting due to popular demand. This is not necessarily where the base game will take place.

Team A:
Twinwolf
tntey
Hawk132
StrawBarrel
Lermfish

Team B:
Yourmaster
Salsacookies
Funk
Dustan Hache
Romans
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:31:03 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Comrads and Foes: PVP RPG Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:00:36 pm »

I'm interested. I'd be fine with whatever.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:03:11 pm »

Interest. I'd vote on a setting, but what is the 'alchemech?' Is there a link?
EDIT: Found, voting for Alchemech.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:14:43 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:25:30 pm »

Interest.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »

Interested, Post Apocalypse Nazis?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 05:42:14 pm »

Could we do a ghost busters thing where one team is a group of ghost busters and the other group are ghosts.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 06:18:00 pm »

It is nice to see this got some interest so quickly.

Interest. I'd vote on a setting, but what is the 'alchemech?' Is there a link?
EDIT: Found, voting for Alchemech.

Now that I have some time, I will add a link to it. I would prefer you not vote now, unless you really want to playtest a certain way. The current list is not all-inclusive and was just the general ideas that evolved as I originally came up with the concept, and I have yet to explain any of them in the detail I would like. Alchemech would be included in that, for example. For another, the WWII example would likely take place in an alternate reality, just for funsies. We could end up playing in a Standard Fantasy world, a modern world, or as two groups of vampire catpeople if we really wanted. Voting will start after playtesting finishes, so we have the more-or-less full group with everyone putting their ideas in in detail.

Could we do a ghost busters thing where one team is a group of ghost busters and the other group are ghosts.

If we wanted to, though I would be weak at it. Never saw ghost busters, and I don't think the current mechanics would lend themselves well to that type of game and they would need to be reworked. If I was allowed to take some liberties with the general idea (Ghost Hunters VS Ghosts) I could probably turn it into something workable.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 06:22:20 pm »

Another vote for Alchamech.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 06:48:48 pm »

Count me in. Also, voting for Alchemech. Never had a chance to play that. I even had a character sheet half-completed twice, but both times I went "what the hell are you doing, you're shit at roleplaying" and scrapped them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:53:14 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 06:51:55 pm »

Consider me interested.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »

7 people already-I think that is certainly enough interest to go forward with the game. Alright, Playtesting starts tomorrow morning! Feel free to choose Playtesting teams now. They will be labeled "A" and "B", if your team agrees to a more interesting name it will be put in place of the place holder.

Also, I had forgotten how popular Alchemech was (....Probably because I always abandoned it too early  :-\). So far 3/7th of you want to go with Alchamech. If a fourth person speaks up, then I will set the Playtesting in the Alchemech setting and probably the game as well. Alchemich 3: Alchemicanical boogaloo

Count me in. Also, voting for Alchemech. Never had a chance to play that. I even had a character sheet half-completed twice, but both times I went "what the hell are you doing, you're shit at roleplaying" and scrapped them.

Ah, have more faith in yourself! The only way to get better at something is to try at it. The games died before ten pages anyway, so it isn't like you missed out on much  :P. I always liked the one player one story policy, but it takes up a lot more time and effort than parties....

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 07:11:25 pm »

A.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 07:17:24 pm »

A. May or may not be able to play tommorow.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 07:19:04 pm »

Lemme roll my dice real quick... got an odd number. Joining A.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 08:51:34 pm »

B
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: [1] 2 3