Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 259498 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: the Great Divide
« Reply #375 on: January 16, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »

"Oh, it's not me. I need to obtain one of those stained glass windows from the temple you came out of and I figure your powers would help.

How'd you get those, by the by?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 16, 2016, 01:13:30 pm »

"Simple explanation: I got down with the Cosmic Disco. The priest could tell you more but I incinerated him when I tried to Death Star an army. Doin' it again, btw."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 16, 2016, 01:14:18 pm »

"Ha!" Leif points Daniels. "Ha ha!" He laughs at Codeburn. "The fuck is that?" He points the boulder. "Very nice balloon! Oh, by the way, people here are batshit crazy."

Hear MOON. Remember it. Absorb it. Ask the kiddo where minders at. Maybe study the prison stone here where it is not so dark.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 16, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »

"We're all mad here, friend. Behold, I ascend!"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 16, 2016, 05:33:50 pm »

"Did you just say 'by the way' as an acronym? Who even uses those things outside of texting? Is that a new trend that I missed in my developing alcoholism before I got booted over here? Man, things get wierd quick.

Well, good luck lasering that army. When you're done, come help me get the window out if you want, I think the end result's gonna be pretty badass."

Look around this wizard tower. Anything that look like, I dunno, a wizard book to get spells from? Jack no know how metaphysics work here.

Make sure to keep an eye on Codeburn and step out of the way if he or the giant boulder fall. Or show signs of exploding like he did before.
Sig! Onol

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 16, 2016, 06:15:46 pm »

"Yeah Cosmic Empowerment fucks you up something real good language wise. Look, I can speak in full blocks of text! ███▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄████"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2016, 06:30:40 pm »

"Now that just seems excessive."
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 17, 2016, 04:10:38 am »

"Army? What army?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 17, 2016, 04:16:20 am »

"Oh, didn't you know? Apparently there's this giant army of what people call stoats outside the castle looking to kill us all. They look like marmots to me, really - kinda short limbs but a really long and flexible spine. I've done my part, I ate one of them while I might have been possessed by a demon or tapped into my inner monstrosity or something. Point is, that guy's going to go laser the army with some giant doom laser that I kinda wish I could get. But I'm gonna get something cool anyway. So yeah."

Y'know, looking at myself from the outside it seems like I might seem insane.

I'm not, obviously. Everything I've done so far has a totally rational reason behind it.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 17, 2016, 04:32:39 am »

Leif blinks. He takes one step away from Daniels.

"Oookay. The marmot people I get, there was one down in the prison but he escaped. Bastard insulted me by saying I'm a meaningless minder trick. Which is why I'm trying find one, though none seems to be here. Except that one kid in ceiling holes, but he might just be a student."
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 17, 2016, 04:38:23 am »

"Hello," I greet the woman. "I've been recruited by the minders to help solve the stoat situation. Would you or anyone you know be interested in helping me? We need brains more than brawn here, so it's fine if you aren't a fighter."

Oh, she says. You need not even ask. Of course she will help to the best of her ability. Perhaps the master will, too. He is not in at the moment. But she can take you to him nevertheless. Your request is both urgent and worthy - surely it merits his attention.

She opens the door wider, inviting you in with an accommodating expression.

"There are many advantages again!  So... who makes the financial decisions for your employers?  That is who would have to decide."

So can I get out yet?

[Impeccable Timing: 6]

Before the guards can give you a response, the captain of the royal guard turns up. She looks at you in puzzlement, then at the guards. When she told them to leave some for later, she didn't quite expect this much, truth be told. The other guards lower their heads in shame as the once-jolly guard explains that they seem to be incapable of harming you in any way for no adequately explicable reason. On the other hand, they did have an enlightening chat with you - say, has the captain heard about at thing called workers' compensation? With most of the country gone and all, it seems like it might be time to renegotiate-

That sounds like stoat-spread seditious treason, the captain retorts, and they will desist in speaking of such things immediately. One of the sisters tries to raise a reasonable objection, but her thoughts seem to have tripped somewhere on the way to her mouth, and so she makes only so much dissatisfied noise.

The captain opts to ignore them as she turns to you. You seem to have driven her guards to grossly uncharacteristic behavior, and she demands an immediate explanation.

"Welp. Time to try this thing."

Grab onto boulder. Levitate boulder upwards to or through a hole, and exit Elevator Rock to a landing/roof. If at any point I fall off boulder, MOON to migitate falling damage.

[Flight of the Shining Stone: 3]

You grab onto the shining stone. It is uncomfortably hot, you find. Despite this fact, you figure you ought to be fine for a couple of minutes. There aren't really handholds available, so you flop onto it and let it carry you upward. It does so to the best of its ability, letting you slowly float over to the lowest available hole. At this point you're feeling somewhat like an egg on a steadily heating frying pan, so you decide to get off this wild ride of yours.

[Uncommon Acrobatics: 2]

It is, however, a little difficult to get in position for a good jump here. Standing atop the stone, you look at the distressingly small alcove you're ostensibly aiming for. Then you look down. It's a long fall, true, but not long enough to call upon the power of the Moon, you think. At least not to a useful degree (only so much that 0.16 Gs can do for a man already moving at 9.8 m/s, one could say). And the boulder seems to be having trouble standing still. You notice this, and it notices you noticing, becoming more nervous and starting to fidget even more.

"Ha!" Leif points Daniels. "Ha ha!" He laughs at Codeburn. "The fuck is that?" He points the boulder. "Very nice balloon! Oh, by the way, people here are batshit crazy."

Hear MOON. Remember it. Absorb it. Ask the kiddo where minders at. Maybe study the prison stone here where it is not so dark.

Moon! Moon? Moon. You remember it just fine. It's a word. Not really a strain on your mental faculties to remember a single word, is it?

Anyway, the helpful kiddo looks to have gone missing, so asking him anything doesn't seem like a terribly likely proposition. So you just take out your stone and take a closer look at it. It's not really much brighter in here than in the dungeon, you find. Might have something to do with no light sources and the way there aren't any windows.

[Mineral Examination: 1]

It's some kind of geode, you think. Except inverted - semi-precious bits on the outside, black stuff on the inside. You're not a geologist, so hell if you know how that works.

"Did you just say 'by the way' as an acronym? Who even uses those things outside of texting? Is that a new trend that I missed in my developing alcoholism before I got booted over here? Man, things get wierd quick.

Well, good luck lasering that army. When you're done, come help me get the window out if you want, I think the end result's gonna be pretty badass."

Look around this wizard tower. Anything that look like, I dunno, a wizard book to get spells from? Jack no know how metaphysics work here.

Make sure to keep an eye on Codeburn and step out of the way if he or the giant boulder fall. Or show signs of exploding like he did before.

[Looter's Instincts: 3]

Well, you see vast amounts of fuck-all in this hall. Considering you could just wander in here without repercussion or observation, you'd say this makes sense. You don't put your valuables in places where any old nonce can just wander in and steal them. In fact, if you had to guess, then those holes in the ceiling that Mr. Codeburn is trying to get to with his boulder probably lead to the part of the tower that the actual wizarding happens in. The lack of stairs in this case strikes you as deliberate. Wizards, you know. In fact-

Wait, you notice something. Not anything lying around, mind you. You see Mr. Erikson fondling and examining a small object over on one side of the hall. Normally you would avert your eyes at such discoveries, but you think he may actually have something valuable there. Unfortunately, you think he also probably knows it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 17, 2016, 04:49:57 am »

Hmh, well let's find proper light then and re-examine the stone. Ask around if anyone has seen where surviving minders went.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:22:51 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 17, 2016, 05:15:09 am »

I approach in an absolutely non-creepy manner. By which I mean do exactly that, only unintentionally.

"Say, what's that? It couldn't help but ... catch my eye."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:20:22 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 17, 2016, 07:27:36 am »

"The freak in the prison gave me this, told me to take it his family." Leif hastens his steps ever so slightly. "Dunno if I want to, because he vomited it up. If his folks have equally disgusting habits I might want to stay away from them."
Old sigs.
Games.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 17, 2016, 10:19:34 am »

Reassure moonstone, let it know that I believe in it. Try to get close enough to step off, otherwise jump for it. MOON if it doesn't look like I'll make it, then have rock swing under me to catch my slowly falling ass.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 161