Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Apprentice [TSG]  (Read 10704 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice [TSG]
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2015, 01:26:18 pm »

Maybe a healing or anti-exhaustion spell?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2015, 01:31:09 pm »

I say for our next spell, we should maybe learn how to mimic the effects of acid, or maybe leaving messages. Acid since it'd probably teach us about destruction threads some, and leaving messages sounds like it'd use preservation threads in some way. Also, let's stick with Aethelwine. If nothing else, swordplay might improve our stamina more, and perhaps reflexes.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2015, 04:25:42 pm »

I say for our next spell, we should maybe learn how to mimic the effects of acid, or maybe leaving messages. Acid since it'd probably teach us about destruction threads some, and leaving messages sounds like it'd use preservation threads in some way. Also, let's stick with Aethelwine. If nothing else, swordplay might improve our stamina more, and perhaps reflexes.
For my next trick, I will burn off your faces with acid!
*Crowd gets splashed with acid, but cheers anyway*
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »

For my next trick, I will burn off your faces with acid!
*Crowd gets splashed with acid, but cheers anyway*

And then write invisible "Loser" messages on their melted foreheads!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2015, 08:32:06 pm »

Actually how would that even work? I mean if witchsight always aligned with sightsight then we could just write messages. But that wouldn't work for people like Pip who hear it as music.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2015, 09:58:04 pm »

Actually how would that even work? I mean if witchsight always aligned with sightsight then we could just write messages. But that wouldn't work for people like Pip who hear it as music.
Yeah.  It's weird.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2015, 11:02:20 pm »

Ptw

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2015, 11:17:48 pm »

I'd assume that our spell would somehow convey a message telepathically? Maybe a general feeling of what it means?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2015, 12:37:03 am »

We might also want to ask Pip if he can teach us to store mana like he did with that pebble, if we somehow end up not becoming the official apprentice then we're going to end up having to make up for a lack of knowledge with brute force :v

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2015, 10:09:20 am »

Who cares? Write kickme signs everywhere!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2015, 10:58:10 am »

Who cares? Write kickme signs everywhere!
So, we discovered that we have the power to (magically) alter reality, and we decided that it would be best used in swordplay (which solves only one or two kinds of problems) and practical jokes (which will totally help us change the world)?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2015, 11:19:59 am »

Dude. Like, 1/2 of greek myths involve a god pranking another god
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2015, 04:50:56 pm »

Kickme signs would immediately be detected. Everyone in this tower clearly has witchsight, think before you suggest stuff like that. Also, I think we should maybe include a couple more activities in our daily routine. Practicing turning on witchsight and just channeling shapes of varying threads before we sleep. Getting some channeling practice in, maybe also working on casting mage-hand when Fredrick isn't around.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2015, 04:55:43 pm »

Alright so how about this plan.

For the spell lets ask that Pip teaches us how to create a flame, theoretically it should use threads we haven't yet touched upon. Aside from that we should ask him to teach us, or at least show us how he stored threads into the pebbles so we can copy that latter. Next, we should continue taking sword lessons from Aethelwine, we're not sure yet if magic can be stopped or prevented so having a more mundane method of protection will come in handy and being physically fit is always an upside. Finally, we should start connecting forming lattices and anchors to hand motions. I propose slicing to the left diagonally for creating lattices, and slicing to the right diagonally for anchors then we can combine both of those and then push in a direction to connect Mage Hand to hand motions.

I suggest connecting what we know to hand motions so that we can start to learn to possibly form simpler aspects, or spells without having to waste our witchsight on it to further drain our mental strength.

On the subject of practicing I vote we spend spare time before sleeping every day to storing mana into pebbles, and trying to make our witchsight more efficient through continuous use.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2015, 05:32:06 pm »

Kickme signs would immediately be detected. Everyone in this tower clearly has witchsight, think before you suggest stuff like that. Also, I think we should maybe include a couple more activities in our daily routine. Practicing turning on witchsight and just channeling shapes of varying threads before we sleep. Getting some channeling practice in, maybe also working on casting mage-hand when Fredrick isn't around.

Thats the point! The filthy plebes will have no idea why we are laughing at them!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12