Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1782  (Read 29153 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1781
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2015, 04:08:54 pm »

Pretty much what Aseaheru said.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:56 pm »

Dark Day? Hell, at least it wasn't some random comet with -1 stability.
Also, what are the rest of the images on the photobucket? Some look quite interesting.

First was the original concept made by Kashyyk.  The second was the original written up for the turn, but there were a couple errors (Ft. Alton-Bradford going the wrong direction, Ft. Combe going towards the wrong city) and representation of the naval conflicts was changed up.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2015, 04:56:38 pm »

As there is apparently some confusion, let me reiterate something.  Diplomatic communication is still not possible.  I really can't think of any communication via PM that would be non-diplomatic unless you are sending off propaganda, which would be better put in this thread.  Effectively, this means all communication via PM between engineers of different nations specifically about this game is not allowed.

The reason for this being brought up?  Someone, I don't know who, sent off a message to an engineer of another nation.  The person may have thought it wasn't, but from what I saw from the screenshot posted in the thread, it was, as the only military actions I roll for are determined by the focus provided by the players.  This means that if you are attempting to agree to not using a focus action on the other, you have signed a cease-fire, making the communication offering the agreement diplomatic.

Edit: And just because this happened does not mean PM communications are now open.  Still closed.  Only contact can be in the International thread.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2015, 05:00:49 pm »

as the only military actions I roll for are determined by the focus provided by the players.

That's interesting. Anyway, I take it we have to tediously avoid anything that might look like diplomacy on this thread as well?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2015, 05:04:32 pm »

as the only military actions I roll for are determined by the focus provided by the players.

That's interesting. Anyway, I take it we have to tediously avoid anything that might look like diplomacy on this thread as well?

So long as it is not a pretty blatant move for an armistice when the channels are down, you really don't have to worry about it in this thread.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2015, 05:22:29 pm »

Weren't we supposed to get more than one year per turn?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2015, 05:24:34 pm »

Weren't we supposed to get more than one year per turn?

Decided to go with a one year approach with things being sped up via armistices.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2015, 05:30:11 pm »

Can we make a deal to focus on kicking the NPCs down, or not?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2015, 09:08:35 pm »

Long live the king! Surely all should be able to see that the Richards family has the divine right to rule. When the lord Himself is blocking out the Sun and the Moon there's no room for doubt.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »

Long live the king! Surely all should be able to see that the Richards family has the divine right to rule. When the lord Himself is blocking out the Sun and the Moon there's no room for doubt.
It is quite obvious that God sent this darkness as proof that the Bandit-King and his spawn are unfit to rule even a tiny shack, much less a nation. If He had intended to show otherwise, why would He have sent darkness?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:18:16 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2015, 10:38:02 pm »

Ah man, I missed a new arms race game. Well, at least now I have plenty to read up on. That's a nice surprise for an otherwise shitty day.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »

Ah man, I missed a new arms race game. Well, at least now I have plenty to read up on. That's a nice surprise for an otherwise shitty day.

You can still dive in if you wish.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2015, 10:44:26 pm »

You can still dive in if you wish.

Also don't forget to add snake to Atterton team on ront  page.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2015, 10:54:40 pm »

After reading this thread, I think I'll become a proud britishman and take down all these nasty rebel type people.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2015, 01:05:36 am »

well, this took off, so reporting for duty, joining team loyalist ( I'l wait for approval before looking in the thread, just in case)

Rule Arstotzka! Britannia!

2 small notes

1) in the battle description, it is clear enough which designs are made this turn and detailed informations aren't classified, beig in the equipment lists. Since past designs aren't secret, maybe add a summary at the start of a turn saying "this side introduced this new weapon, whle this other brought that other thing to the field". Would at least avoid the confusion in seeing names dropped without background ( like reading about the london class, called by name, but only knowing it is a ship by context(unless you are a loyalist, of course)

2) are we going to have propaganda battles like in sensei's game?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22