Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1782  (Read 29121 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1781
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2015, 01:37:56 pm »

Answering questions here so that everyone knows.

Quote from: 10ebbor10
Do we need to revise our ships if we upgrade the guns?

Can we design new ammo types at the same time as the gun? Do ammo types transfer between weaponry?

If the cannons are the same class (for example, six pound cannons for all current ships), no.

If designed with a weapon, then the ammo type would only work with that weapon, unless a later weapon states it can use that type of ammunition as well.  If the ammunition is designed by itself, then the ammunition can be made to work with multiple existing weapons.  This is applicable to a fair amount of other technologies (ex. Steam Engines) as well.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2015, 02:10:48 pm »

If the cannons are the same class (for example, six pound cannons for all current ships), no.

Am I right in assuming this only works that way if we design, rather than revise the guns?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2015, 02:44:52 pm »

Am I right in assuming this only works that way if we design, rather than revise the guns?

As long as they are in the same class, they will work with either a design or revision.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »

But earlier you said this.

Revision of the cannon to reduce cost would produce a new variety of cannon, which would not bring down the cost of the ship as it is not designed to hold the new cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2015, 03:16:13 pm »

But earlier you said this.

Revision of the cannon to reduce cost would produce a new variety of cannon, which would not bring down the cost of the ship as it is not designed to hold the new cannon.

I've thought it over an modified my opinion on the topic so that cannons of the same type (ex. 6 pound) carry an exception.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »

Aha.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2015, 11:52:35 pm »

Can someone make a flag for the Dunwich Meritocratic Confederacy?  It's the only one without one and I would prefer that to be remedied.

Edit: Finally got around to fixing up the turn, by the way.  Added a minor section on the tech introduced, though it is a tad weak.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:10:40 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2015, 12:22:31 am »

Edit: Finally got around to fixing up the turn, by the way.  Added a minor section on the tech introduced, though it is a tad weak.
Thanks a bunch! In the future, do you think you could add what the 'independent' factions like the pirates invented/whatevered that turn as well?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2015, 08:17:38 pm »

Thanks a bunch! In the future, do you think you could add what the 'independent' factions like the pirates invented/whatevered that turn as well?

If I can think of a way to put it in without sounding strange, I will.

Can we steal off independents?

You may.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2015, 10:45:22 pm »

Im up for joining any faction that will take me.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2015, 11:14:01 pm »

Im up for joining any faction that will take me.

Probably want to go for either the Monarchy or the Confederacy.  The Loyalists outpace them in engineers signed up right now.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2015, 11:25:19 pm »

You know, it's actually kind of funny how the Loyalists have most of the engineers from Arstroska(can never remember how to spell that :P )

Makes for a pretty short thread since we seem to agree a lot on what to do :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2015, 11:28:28 pm »

we argue on the designs, as we should. But we seem to have achieved a great unity of intent regarding overall war goals and strategy.

and it is spelled Arstotzka I think. After all the propaganda I wrote, it got burned in my mind.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2015, 11:55:56 pm »

You know, it's actually kind of funny how the Loyalists have most of the engineers from Arstroska(can never remember how to spell that :P )

Actually, the shortest thread is the Dunwich Meritocratic Confederacy, at 7 pages on 25 posts per page.  Loyalists have 10 and the Monarchy has 14.

Going to lock in the focus actions when I wake up tomorrow.  The turn of 1781-1782 will be coming soon after.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2015, 12:03:31 am »

Fools! Moskurg will rise again! (And then all you foul inbreed people of Arstotzka shall be eaten by a tiger, as is just and proper.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:41:43 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22