Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51496 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2015, 01:40:12 pm »

Suddenly stuff becomes a lot more clear. It's certainly easier to consider SaberTooth a n00b when you have alternate possibilities that have revealed themselves.
And the vanilla townie claim- a way to distract attention from yourself.
You're tunneling on me to also distract from yourself... considering no real other possibilities...
You're the Clone Lord(unfortunately, as I think you would be a very good townie). And origamiscienceguy is your convert.

Talk about alternate possibilities.
Hector, I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

But hector13, you were a worthy adversary.
SaberTooth, I would still appreciate some activity.

Oh, I see now.
OSG was the obvious convert- so perhaps he wasn't grabbed- why wouldn't someone grab the most townie of us all?
I purpose a new theory-

SaberToothTiger is the Clone Lord and he converted hector.

This is confusing.

Flabort could be CL claiming a convert's role, who obviously won't counter-claim. That's obviously a significant assumption, and I can only go on the evidence in play really so... It's FoU or OSG.
... you're a genius, why didn't I think of that. Suddenly a flabort and Saber scum team seems like a possibility. And seeing as Saber and flabort both aren't posting...
Unvote SaberTooth, vote flabort, because both Tiger and you bear inspection.

I'm inclined to say it's not Saber, but everyone else is a possibility.
Why is it not Saber?

I have to say I'm finding it hard to believe FoU's claim, and his play toward the end of D2 also concerns me.
... why didn't you force a no lynch? I thought you were going to...

Suddenly, he stops being oh-so confident in hector being CL and OSG being convert, because only two hours later he gets it perfectly right and considers me the CL and OSG cultis. Oh no, wait it is quite clearly flabort who is the CL, and me the convert.

Frankly, I lost faith in his analytic abilities if he's town, or in his subtlety if he is scum.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2015, 01:49:58 pm »

Do you feel confident enough in your read to vote for him?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2015, 01:53:35 pm »

OSG - hector13
OSG - SaberToothTiger
OSG - FoU
OSG - flabort
hector13 - OSG
hector13 - SaberToothTiger
hector13 - FoU
hector13 - flabort
SaberToothTiger - OSG
SaberToothTiger - hector13
SaberToothTiger - FoU
SaberToothTiger - flabort
FoU - hector13
FoU - flabort
FoU - OSG
FoU - SaberToothTiger
flabort - FoU
flabort - SaberToothTiger
flabort - OSG
flabort - hector13

Converting me would be a waste of the conevert, because:
1. I at the very beginning claimed to be newb and acted like a newb throughout the game.
2. I was targeted for lynch D1.
3. There were more active and more useful players out there.

OSG - hector13
OSG - FoU
OSG - flabort
hector13 - OSG
hector13 - FoU
hector13 - flabort
SaberToothTiger - OSG
SaberToothTiger - hector13
SaberToothTiger - FoU
SaberToothTiger - flabort

FoU - hector13
FoU - flabort
FoU - OSG
flabort - FoU
flabort - OSG
flabort - hector13

I assure you I am not the CL. As proof I can say that I haven't yet shat my pants when accused and targeted for lynch, and considering I suck at this, I probs would do just that.

OSG - hector13
OSG - FoU
OSG - flabort - Flabort was more active near the beginning, so it is not unlikely he would have been recruited then, but not so much now. There is a possibility that he started posting less frequently just to avoid suspicion after conversion.

hector13 - OSG - tntey wasn't active early on, and OSG hasn't posted overly much, so I don't think the CL would waste his convert with this, although I could be mistaken.
hector13 - FoU - Frankly, the most dangerous scenario.
hector13 - flabort - Flabort was more active near the beginning, so it is not unlikely he would have been recruited then, but not so much now. There is a possibility that he started posting less frequently just to avoid suspicion after conversion.

FoU - hector13 - Frankly, the most dangerous scenario.
FoU - flabort - The most likely scenario in my mind.
FoU - OSG - tntey wasn't active early on, and OSG hasn't posted overly much, so I don't think the CL would waste his convert with this, although I could be mistaken.

flabort - FoU - The second most likely scenario in my mind.
flabort - OSG - tntey wasn't active early on, and OSG hasn't posted overly much, so I don't think the CL would waste his convert with this, although I could be mistaken.
flabort - hector13

Ninja'ed by hector.

Do you feel confident enough in your read to vote for him?
Oh, right, thanks for reminding me. [/b]Unvote[/b]. [/b]FallacyOfUrist[/b].
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2015, 01:55:02 pm »

Shit, failed that last vote there. It should have been this:

"Unvote. FallacyOfUrist."

Also, Deus Asmoth, you misspelled my name in the OP. I am greatly offended.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2015, 01:59:30 pm »

What makes you think the CL would want to target one of the more active players?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2015, 02:37:51 pm »

With Jotunn dead, everyone seems to be losing their cool. Accusations are flying around the meeting chamber, with everyone being accused of being the Clone Lord at least once. The only thing that can be said for certain is that the 'discussion' is going to continue for some time yet.

Votecount:
SaberToothTiger (1):  OrigamiScienceGuy,
FallacyofUrist (2): hector13, SaberToothTiger
flabort (1): FallacyofUrist
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

Frankly, I lost faith in his analytic abilities if he's town, or in his subtlety if he is scum.
All I have to say to this is that I am very confused at this point.
~~~
I've never been in a LYLO situation before in mafia. Ever. My first game I was killed/lynched(I don't remember that well) before LYLO, the next two real life prevented me from going all the way through, and now this one- where I discover the absolute pain known as LYLO.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »

I don't understand your reticence now. The previous two days you've been convinced fillipk and Saber were scum, and started D3 off voting Saber some more. Why does that change now?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2015, 03:22:17 pm »

Because you convinced me that I needed to seek out alternate possibilities.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:50 pm »

That still doesn't make much sense. You can consider alternative possibilities and still have your initial concerns.

It just seems strange that during a potential MYLO situation you were happy to lynch someone when it could've lost us the game, and now in a LYLO situation, in which we need to lynch someone, you're not sure what to do.

You're throwing your vote around like it's the RVS at every little thing that seems like it could possibly be true, and not even letting people respond to your concerns.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 27, 2015, 03:54:49 pm »

Then respond to my concerns.
Why can flabort not be the Clone Lord with SaberTooth, former vigilante/serial killer as his minion?
And why can't you not be the Clone Lord with SaberTooth or OSG as your minion?
~~~
SaberTooth, I will spell your name correctly(for now. Please stay active.).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 27, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »

There's nothing to stop those two scenarios. You need to divine these things for yourself with the information we have. Worrying about it and throwing your vote about probably won't help with that...

You seem to have gone from being quite sure of yourself D1/2 into a flailing neurotic D3. I don't understand where the change came from.

None of your concerns have been about me - outside a quickly removed vote -and I'm hardly going to be able to convince you to vote for my present target.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 27, 2015, 04:40:57 pm »

Naturally(there's no reason for me to vote myself).

And flailing neurotic? Yeah, I agree with that.

LYLO IS A PAIN.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 27, 2015, 04:44:42 pm »

It's pretty much the same as MYLO without the option for a no-lynch. You didn't have a problem there.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 27, 2015, 05:23:24 pm »

Sabertooth. Throwing out every possibility without logically eliminating any of them doesn't help in any way.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38