Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51475 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #360 on: December 25, 2015, 12:01:03 am »

What possibilities do you think I'm disregarding?
Flabort being the Clone Lord or a serial killer, and SaberToothTiger being cult.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 25, 2015, 12:17:27 am »

If flabort is claiming honestly, he's not the CL as it would be quite OP to be able to kill and convert. I think he's claiming honestly because it would be foolish to claim a killing role if you don't have it. Everyone else has also claimed, and nobody countered.

I am worried he's the SK, but as OSG has said, the SK's goal presently aligns with the town's: the need to lynch the CL. If he is SK, the town can't win anyway, so it's not all that important if he is or not.

I'm not disregarding Saber being cult (how does this influence my belief you're the CL?) as I believe you're the CL. On balance, you're not going to convert the one player left you've been suspecting for the entire game, especially when OSG has barely posted so we can't see any changes in attitude from him. This is arguably true if anyone else is the CL, as converting someone another player is suspicious of - especially this late in proceedings - would be foolish. A fallacy, if you will... :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 25, 2015, 12:23:14 am »

Huh.
Is that confirmation bias I detect in you?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 25, 2015, 12:25:11 am »

What makes you say that? And which part are you refering to?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 25, 2015, 01:22:47 am »

flabort: why did you get TheDarkStar N1? And why Megggas N2(you may have already posted regarding that, but I'd like to hear a more in-depth explanation).
PFP, still @ family event, battery low.
Will answer, but I explained why I was targetting Megggas D2; I'll quote it for you later.

I am worried he's the SK, but as OSG has said, the SK's goal presently aligns with the town's: the need to lynch the CL. If he is SK, the town can't win anyway, so it's not all that important if he is or not.
Even if I were, there's the possibility that I've happened to kill one or more of the same targets the CL was after. In which case if we got the CL today, then D4 you'd need to get  me or any remaining cultists.
However,  I do assure you that whichever the case,  I do want to get rid of the cult ASAP, before they get me.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 25, 2015, 01:33:28 am »

You also claimed to be immune to the conversion one time, so CL could've targeted you and has thus failed a conversion... This gives us an issue.

If you are the SK, and I'm correct in my belief that FoU is the CL (who says he was blocked N1) then the game will continue until we kill you... but we won't know there are no more cult.

Perhaps something to worry about later, though. CL is the priority right now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 25, 2015, 01:42:49 pm »

What makes you say that? And which part are you refering to?
I will now answer with a quote.
I'm not disregarding Saber being cult (how does this influence my belief you're the CL?) as I believe you're the CL. On balance, you're not going to convert the one player left you've been suspecting for the entire game, especially when OSG has barely posted so we can't see any changes in attitude from him. This is arguably true if anyone else is the CL, as converting someone another player is suspicious of - especially this late in proceedings - would be foolish. A fallacy, if you will... :P
You're not seeking out evidence that could make me not the Clone Lord. At all. However, this is more like tunneling.
Good tunneling, mind- exactly what I would love to be able to do.
~~~
If nobody else had claimed the kills, I would consider flabort a major possibility for the Clone Lord. But... nobody else did.
Flabort being a vigilante or serial killer, confirmed by my trap not to be converted(N2, at least)...
Me being the Trapmaster...
You being an incredibly skilled scum hunter but unfortunately vanilla townie...
It's a little absurd for me to consider you to be cult at this point, considering your hunting, but you very well could be.
And the only thing confirming your townieness is origamiscienceguy's inspection result...

Suddenly stuff becomes a lot more clear. It's certainly easier to consider SaberTooth a n00b when you have alternate possibilities that have revealed themselves.
And the vanilla townie claim- a way to distract attention from yourself.
You're tunneling on me to also distract from yourself... considering no real other possibilities...
You're the Clone Lord(unfortunately, as I think you would be a very good townie). And origamiscienceguy is your convert.

Talk about alternate possibilities.
Hector, I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

But hector13, you were a worthy adversary.
SaberTooth, I would still appreciate some activity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 25, 2015, 02:44:58 pm »

I was wondering how long it would take you to do that, brah. Couldn't do it too quickly else it's look like an OMGUS, too slow risks not having enough time to sway the town. Good play, forcing the town to choose between us, though.

I'm intrigued with OSG at this point; I'm not entirely convinced he's cult, but if he is, you're playing a risky gambit having him vote for you. If you can't sway the town, you've lost by revealing your convert.

However, if OSG were my convert, why would I push him forward as my suspect for being cult? I'd know this is LYLO, and could quite easily try to push a lynch on SaberTooth, but I've already said I consider him n00b town. Not good play for someone you seem to think is pretty good at this, eh?

All this buddying too, man! complimenting my scum-hunting several times after attacking you. Do you think it's going to sway me from my mission? :0

Re: accusations of confirmation bias: how do you know I'm not looking for evidence you're not CL? What about the quoted part is tunneling, considering it refers to my thoughts on another player?

OSG hasn't confirmed anything about me. He says he had a role, but we don't know that for sure.

I like the way you hedge your bets too. "You're the CL, but if you're not, I'm sorry!" Town lose if you're wrong, dude. You need to be sure about this, and provide evidence. It's not absurd to consider me scum at this point, it took until D2/3 'till I honestly suspected you.

Things to look for:

How I'm tunneling.

How OSG has "confirmed" my towniness.

How I was trying to distract attention from myself with a VT claim.

Where I have not considered other possibilities.

Bear in mind, you're accusing me of being the CL, so you have to look at the entire game, not just D3.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2015, 02:55:57 pm »

Okay. Sigh... you're right.
Time to get into gear.

Unvote(for the moment). If I'm going to win this, I'm going to need to do some reading through the thread on the four remaining suspects.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 25, 2015, 03:14:49 pm »

Oh, I see now.
OSG was the obvious convert- so perhaps he wasn't grabbed- why wouldn't someone grab the most townie of us all?
I purpose a new theory-

SaberToothTiger is the Clone Lord and he converted hector.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 25, 2015, 03:34:56 pm »

That is possible. All I know is that Hector isn't the clone lord, but he very well may be a cult member. But I don't like how timidly you voted for Hector and off of him.

I have a question. Are Sabertooth and Hector the only VanillaTownies in this game?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 25, 2015, 03:39:36 pm »

We're the only ones that claimed, anyway. TDS and Megas were also VT.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 25, 2015, 03:40:14 pm »

We're the only ones that claimed, anyway. TDS and Megas were also VT.
Thank you. My memory is a bit fuzzy.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 25, 2015, 07:09:23 pm »

OSG: Why did you want to know?

FoU: you're not sticking by any theories for long. You say you suspected flabort, then voted me,  I'm voted near immediately, and returned your vote to SaberTooth.

You seem to be having trouble. Perhaps a re-read is in order?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 25, 2015, 09:39:11 pm »

Yes. Indeed. I just need to think...
Gragh. So there are four people other than me.

Hector, OSG, Flabort, and TigerDude(post dangit or I'll misspell your name!).

Hector:
Is active scum hunter D1 and D2, continues scum hunting D3 but focuses singly on me, claims vanilla townie.

OSG:
Replaced tnt dude D2, has been somewhat inactive since then until D3, whereupon he gets a bit more active, claims scanner dude that can scan players to determine original alignment, claims he scanned hector and megggas and found them both not the clone lord.

Flabort:
Seems somewhat passive D1 and D2(a little better than SaberTooth, though) and I'm still waiting on him to get a move on D3. Claims Head Hunter, shooty dude with one-shot conversion immunity. Potentially a serial killer.

TigerDudeWhoNeedsToPostAWholeLotInOrderToPleaseMeNowPleaseDangit:
Significantly more passive than Flabort, still hasn't answered my attacks against him, still has yet to post significantly D3. Claims vanilla townie. My top suspect for Clone Lord.
~~~
Role Claims:
Myself as Trapmaster(verified by knowing thyself)
Flabort as Head Hunter(somewhat verified by two kills and no counter-claims)
Origamiscienceguy as Scanner(not at all verified)
Hector as Guardian Recruit(not at all verified)
TigerDudeWhoMUSTPOST as Guardian Recruit(not at all verified)
~~~
Roles Unaccounted For:
Clone Lord
~~~
Current Situation Possibilities(assuming no SK):
4 Town, 1 Cult Leader: MYLO(mislynch town and you lose, no lynch and town could still lose if flabort hits the wrong target)
3 Town, 1 Cult Leader, 1 Cultist: LTCLMLO(lynch the clone lord, if you fail, flabort could still shoot the clone lord and prevent a conversion, but very well could result in a lose)
Current Situation Possibilities(assuming an SK):
3 Town, 1 Cult Leader, 1 SK: MYLOSK(mislynch town and you lose, but if you no lynch, SK could kill either clone lord or townie, possibly killing townie clone lord targets)
2 Town, 1 Cult Leader, 1 Cultist, 1 SK: LTCLPLO(fail to lynch the clone lord and you potentially lose(SK might kill him before he clones a town, but what happens if hits SK(we don't know)), lynch the clone lord and serial killer may or may not win)
~~~
So we've got a lot of possibilities for our situation. Now let's go over vote options.
~~~
Next: Part Two

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38