Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Afterlife  (Read 4996 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Afterlife
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 10:34:04 pm »

Haunt

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 10:36:32 pm »

Haunt doesn't sound too fun, particularly because we have to follow somebody around and constantly watch them. It's like Toddler: The forum game.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 10:37:17 pm »

I still stand by my vote, no one will sway me.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »

Revenant

We where the leader of a nation, kind and benevolent to our followers. However, our adviser, who we trusted more thean anyone, betrayed us one day to take the throne for himself. While we where on a trip with our family, he had his men put us to the sword gruesomely. Feigning grief that something like that could happen to the leader of a nation on his own soil, he used this incident to conscript thousands and enact brutal policies to iensure the nation remains under his thumb. As a final insult, he ordered the priests performing our burial rightsrites to make amateurish mistakes, ensuring that not even our soul can rest in peace.

For our beloved nation, fallen family, and all that is still good in the world, we must take this tyrant down at any cost.
+1
Also, fixed spelling.

Everyone knows spelling isn't important! You should know this, TheBiggerGhoti.
+1
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:06 pm »

Haunt sounds pretty fun.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:37 pm »

Revenant

We where the leader of a nation, kind and benevolent to our followers. However, our adviser, who we trusted more thean anyone, betrayed us one day to take the throne for himself. While we where on a trip with our family, he had his men put us to the sword gruesomely. Feigning grief that something like that could happen to the leader of a nation on his own soil, he used this incident to conscript thousands and enact brutal policies to iensure the nation remains under his thumb. As a final insult, he ordered the priests performing our burial rightsrites to make amateurish mistakes, ensuring that not even our soul can rest in peace.

For our beloved nation, fallen family, and all that is still good in the world, we must take this tyrant down at any cost.
+1
Also, fixed spelling.

Everyone knows spelling isn't important! You should know this, TheBiggerGhoti.
+1
+1
+1

Nunzillor

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 12:36:36 am »

How can you all resist the alluring freedom of the wraith?  Unbound by both the rules of the living and those of logic, we can unlive whatever unlife we please!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 12:42:49 am »

How can you all resist the alluring freedom of the wraith?  Unbound by both the rules of the living and those of logic, we can unlive whatever unlife we please!

I voted for something and will not change it.
I am not weak of will.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 12:46:55 am »

That sounds logical. If becoming a wraith is logical, that means that it is living under the rules of logic. If being bound by the rules of logic is a bad thing, that means doing the logical thing can only hold us down. Therefore, we must do the illogical thing and become a Revenant, by your own lack of logic.

Actually, I just think it would be more fun~. Doing random stuff for no rhyme or reason gets boring fast.

I voted for something and will not change it.
I am not weak of will.

...Did you vote for the one Senbow proposed, or are you just voting on a class and not a back-story?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 12:49:53 am »

...Did you vote for the one Senbow proposed, or are you just voting on a class and not a back-story?

Class and not backstory.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:52:11 am by Ultimuh »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:30 am »

Haunt.

We are summoned from our rest to protect a figure pigeon of great importance. Though they do not know it yet, they are instrumental in the great plan the gods have, and we must protect them at all costs from any dangers that might befall them.
+1
+1

Pigeons are war heroes. Pigeons are... doves!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:31 am »

Afterlife

A Revenant. How despicable.
Still, the betrayal you have suffered, shall not go unpunished.
Wailing curses erupt from your ghostly lips, directed at your once trusted aide and advisor.
He will have to answer his crimes, his death, to be the only atonement worthy of your pursuit.

After calming down, you take a closer look at your surroundings.
"Someone" really had it in for you, having you buried here, instead of being laid to rest in your family tomb.
Even a blank gravestone, normally reserved for murderers, traitors, and other ilk, has been prepared for you.
Resting on top of the mound, a wreath of poison ivy, another symbol of disdain.

Not, that this could ignite your anger any further, but you do take note of it.
For now, there is something you have to do.

~

There are ways for the restless dead to grow in power, though all of them impose upon the world of the living.

Most efficient, would be to Bring Misfortune upon your Begrudged, though reaching the regent, especially in corporeal form, would be a difficult task at best. Cursing and accusing the person, making their misdeeds known, having their reputation suffer, would also bring you a growth in power, albeit much smaller than inflicting direct harm.

There is, another way, that in itself is not to be considered evil. Becoming a Tool for Vengeance, especially for those you now call kin, will have you rewarded. Enact the grudges of other, lesser ghosts, while they pledge all of their unworldly energies towards you if you succeed, a fitting price for disenthralling them from this world.

Another method, would be to Worship or Pact with the Dark Gods. That is, if they are willing to hear you out, as you have a fading premonition that most of them will only spite you. Somehow, you are also quite sure that the capital has no official shrines or temples to them, practising worship to them, possibly even being outlawed. The irony, is not lost on you.

Feeding off of the Negative Feelings of the Living, is, practically speaking, the easiest method to rise in power. Many an undead has taken to this, and by bringing harm to unrelated people, become a maelstrom of negative energies in search of justice - and subsequently lost touch with it. Such individuals, are the main reason why the self-risen undead are hated as much as they are.

Brushing aside your musings on how to exact your revenge, in the meantime, there is a need to be subtle - but neither your appearance, nor your unearthed gravesite are much of that.
Come sunrise, you will be bound to the darkness of soil or stone, as day, and especially sunlight, will suppress most of your power. Not, that you currently have much to begin with.

You can feel that it is currently around midnight, but you will need to find new shelter before daybreak. While you don't exactly know where you currently are, you identify a bulwark on the dark horizon as belonging to the capital. You could try your luck by getting into the sewers there, search for a natural cave or burrow outside, or possibly ask some of the resident ghosts, which you feel stirring about the graveyard.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 08:17:45 am »

(What game is this?)

Become a tool of Righteous Vengeance. My hate will be for good, and the rewards for punishing the guilty make the act even sweeter than before.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:21:05 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 08:37:13 am »

(What game is this?)
(Just me running a plain old suggestion game? The semblance to ascii-roguelikes, is intended though. Good times. On that matter, I'll take the chance to give credit to "Kyzrati", creator of "Rexpaint", which makes all of this rather easy. Well, at least compared to most other methods out there, I guess.)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 09:00:55 am »

Are we able to hunt down other undead and feed off of them to grow more poweful?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6