Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Rise of the Dark Tower RTD [Turn 4: Puppy Ride]  (Read 7809 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Dark Tower RTD [Turn 3: Abrupt]
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2015, 07:21:47 pm »

((Arrg, that was poor luck. A pretty brutal system you've devised here, IronyOwl.))
I know, I love it. It's somewhat balanced out by the fact that dying isn't necessarily permanent, though it's still awfully swingy.

I've thought about complicating it slightly to improve consistency, but that has more to do with higher vs lower power interactions than stopping people from one-shotting each other. Though I guess higher-power battles taking longer would be fairly fitting...

((Hey, you still have a 33% chance of survival! And if you fail that, well, you can just make another orc so you can die try again.))
67%, actually! He'll only die die on a 1 or 2. Though some of those survivals do involve complications.

((I'm probably gonna perform some surgery on him after I skin this pup.))
It'll be too late by then, he'll have made his death roll.

Though I guess it's never too late to perform "surgery."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2015, 07:24:39 pm »

((Hey, you still have a 33% chance of survival! And if you fail that, well, you can just make another orc so you can die try again.))
67%, actually! He'll only die die on a 1 or 2. Though some of those survivals do involve complications.
((... I somehow did my math backwards.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:09 pm »

Tell Wolf 2 that I'll spare its life if it consents to being bound. If it permits it, catch bind it. If not, stab it (or another wolf, if Wolf 2 is dead).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2015, 06:13:13 am »

Turn 4: Puppy Ride

"BAD DOGGYS, ME SMASH!"
I Swing my mace near the wolflike creature Holding Krunk, Attempting to hit Krunk more then the Creature.
[6] vs [6] You charge the wolf and Krunk together, putting your full momentum into clubbing both of them in one go. Unfortunately Krunk uses the momentum of being thrashed around to slam an entire wolf into you.

+2 Maces
Krunk: +2 Wrestling

Quote from: Auto-Krunk
!!!
[5] vs [4] You ram your sword into the wolf's maw and pry, barely scraping your leg free before it comes down again on your cleaver.

+2 Swords
Wolf: +1 Wrestling

Tell Wolf 2 that I'll spare its life if it consents to being bound. If it permits it, catch bind it. If not, stab it (or another wolf, if Wolf 2 is dead).
[4] vs [6] Your efforts to tame the wolf go about as well as could be expected, which is to say that it crams you into its mouth in an attempt to pack its current meal down.

+1 Domination
Wolf: +2 Savagery

Quote from: Wolf 2
GULP!
[3] vs [3] The wolf, realizing that the only way out is through, gulps down a bit more of Somug. It can breathe a bit better, but it's still very much inconvenienced.

Wolf: +1 Savagery
Somug: +1 Savagery

"Oh no, looks like that poor pup has bit off more than it can chew. Guess I'm gonna have to save it.
Skin the choking wolf. Remove its throat if it manages to cough up its meal.
[6] vs [3] You jam your knife directly into one haunch and start dragging. The wolf bucks and kicks, but can't quite dislodge you with two full orcs in its mouth.

+2 Flensing
Wolf: +1 Wrestling

Stab the Captain in the back while she is dealing with the doggy. I am become warrior!
[2] vs [5] You bring your sword down at the boss, but this isn't his first rodeo, and he rolls perfectly to the side before looking directly at you. Oops.

Gur: +2 Dodging

Quote from: Gur
!!!
[6] vs [5] Gur realizes that being in the maw of a giant wolf just means the wolf can't get away, and hurls himself forward. The wolf, however, is rather familiar with lively prey, and twists his leg to break his momentum. It still takes a minor scrape, but the captain's leg similarly takes a minor twist.

Gur: +2 Wrestling

Quote from: Wolf 3
Tenderize
[2] vs [3] The wolf attempts to soften up the captain a bit more, but can't get a good grip after its sword parry.

Gur: +1 Wrestling

Smash Wolf 2 a few times with my mace. If it's dead before I can do that, then do that to Wolf 1 or Wolf 3 instead.
[1] vs [2] You trip into the wolf. It doesn't seem to notice.

Spear a wolf in the belly. Doesn't matter which one, really. Then step back. No use getting more blood on one's spear than needed, right? Gotta save myself for later, you know.
[1] The wolf attacking Krunk seems like a nice target. [5] vs [2] A nice target indeed! It lets out an infuriated howl of pain as you shank it in the flank.

+2 Spears

Quote from: Wolf 1
GNAW
[5] vs [1] The wolf tears Krunk apart like a bundle of tissues.

I'm still at the tower. Get my two cleavers back.
You rummage around in the equipment bin until you recover your armaments. Apparently somebody wasn't counting on you needing them any more!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I'm probably gonna perform some surgery on him after I skin this pup.))
It'll be too late by then, he'll have made his death roll.

Though I guess it's never too late to perform "surgery."
Change of plans! I probably won't do death rolls until things that can further mutilate (or help) the carcass are done with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Dark Tower RTD [Turn 4: Puppy Ride]
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2015, 06:58:30 am »

Crush Wolf 2's head. Don't trip this time.

If someone takes Wolf 2 before I can, attack a random wolf.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2015, 11:09:37 am »

Defensive position! Get some good mileage out of that spear. Preferably between me and the wolves, actually.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2015, 11:48:06 am »

"RAAAAAAA!!!"
I GO INTO A BERSERK RAGE, SMASHING AT KRUNK AND THAT ANNOYING PUPPY.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »

Waitlist, please.

Name: Gurlick Nish-gitdak
Appearance: A plump ork, of just under human height. Equal parts muscle and fat, with pale blue skin and an impressive gut.
Personality: By orc standards, relatively benign. At least, apparently so; in reality, Gurlick is just as nasty and conniving as any runt. He just does a good job at hiding it. Likes to cook, previously employed as a kitchen slave.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2015, 12:36:28 pm »

Do this again, but point my spear menacingly at its nether regions as I try to convince it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2015, 03:19:28 pm »

Continue skinning.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2015, 06:50:18 pm »

Decapitate Gur.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:04 am »

Bumpity, bump, bump, bumpity, bump, bump, I forgot the words...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]