Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Politics & War: Nation Building MMO  (Read 9082 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Politics & War: Nation Building MMO
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 03:28:50 pm »

I've played this since Marchish, and have been with the Black Knights for awhile. Anywho, a good way to grow is to raid the countless inactive nations with no military with tons of stocked up money and resources. Just be sure not to raid any alliances at all, just don't do it you'll get countered, receive bad rep and likely pay the alliance back in reparations. As well, there is a fair bit of money to be made in brokering on the Orbis market, I used to do this but stopped due to time constraints but it can be lucrative. A little crappy guide on brokering, since I'm by far not the best but it's the general gist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An that's it, you can probably ask someone in your alliance about brokering who will be loads more experienced than myself, but this starts you off while you stay unaligned.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 06:43:37 pm »

Brokering is a little risky if you don't have the cash, especially since prices are very unstable now. I've lost big money on it recently because of the war ending abruptly and prices crashed.

What I do is I post really high sell offers or buy offers. I've made millions this way, and it's a lot less risky if you happen to do it when the market prices are off.

Thanks for all the referrals guys but I wasn't expecting that at all. You should probably give them to other Bay12ers too. I already have four so that seems a bit excessive.

Haha ok, I'll go cycle it to someone else.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 10:07:56 am »

I got 2 referrals. I think you should now switch the link to somebody else.

Also, joined the knights radiant in the end. I believe lukewarm is there too.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 10:53:38 am »

Yepperoni.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 10:54:48 am »

south texas, recruiter by general lee himself. how could I forget that? :P

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »

I got 2 referrals. I think you should now switch the link to somebody else.

I've already got two referrals, swapping should probably wait till you get to 4 like umiman to swap it to me since there isn't anyone else that has posted theirs yet (or give it to someone else if someone else does post a link).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 11:30:45 pm »

Haha most of you guys are in TKR? I'm in The Syndicate. TKR's pretty good. They were an ex-protectorate of The Syndicate and grew out of that status really fast. I'm thinking of switching over but will wait and see if you guys are making a B12 alliance. Alliance switching means I have to pay back all aid.

So what's a good name for a B12 alliance? Slaves to Armok? The Fortress?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 11:50:43 pm »

We might want to hold off on making an alliance for a while, until our cities have developed further.
Probably would be wise to hold off on taking aid, for your reason.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 11:54:33 pm »

If you're good friends with the leader of an alliance you can get a protectorate right off the bat. Not gonna join you folks in the Bay12 AA though, but I wish you luck when you do make it.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 12:14:12 pm »

We might want to hold off on making an alliance for a while, until our cities have developed further.
Probably would be wise to hold off on taking aid, for your reason.

Nah, just take aid and repay it back later. Most alliances are very open to the idea of treating aid like a loan. If it really bothers them just pay back more.

Like if it's 10M in aid, pay back 15M. It's a good deal on both sides, because otherwise it takes a really long time to hit that point where you'll be making 500k a day.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »

Well this war is over. So if you want to get involved in the next war (which is usually the funnest parts of the game, not this one but usually) then I'd join a high ranking alliance now and start to really grow so you can actively fight once it comes. You still got a few months, probably though so don't sweat it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 07:39:32 pm »

It's gonna be another 8 more days or so before I can build another city. Zzzz...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 10:00:07 am »

So are we making  a B12 alliance or should I join something else.
Also, woah, coal is way more expensive than it should be.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 03:18:48 pm »

Coal is a component in steel, which is currently one of the most overpriced commodities on the market. :P

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2015, 08:16:17 pm »

So are we making  a B12 alliance or should I join something else.
Also, woah, coal is way more expensive than it should be.

I think it'll be a while. 10 active members seems to be the inflection point for an alliance to take off. Join something else first :P

Coal's been a bit crazy for the past month, because war > tanks > steel > coal. You should've seen it when it hit $2500.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5