Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Politics & War: Nation Building MMO  (Read 9081 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Politics & War: Nation Building MMO
« on: November 04, 2015, 10:09:51 pm »

Think of P&W something like Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis in MMO format. With a modern theme.

It's built as a political simulator. The politics in this game are a lot better than many other MMORTS games. You group together in alliances. And then you form treaties with other strong alliances.

The wars in these games are pretty awesome; you'd have like 400 individual nations fighting with 400 other individuals. The military system has simple rules but can be complex, like chess, and has to be done in coordination. Something like air control will reduce your opponent's tank effectiveness. So if you have a large army of tanks and poor air control, you'll need to coordinate with an ally with strong air forces to take down their air force while you do the ground attacks. Or if you're in a losing war with a superior nation with a larger army, you can coordinate with allies to blitz them at the same time, to hit them before they can rebuy troops.

Winning a war isn't just about military. You need to find the right allies early to make sure you have the numbers and support in a war. You need to build up your economy - afford enough steel for the tanks and ships, enough munitions for long wars.

If anyone's feeling a little ambitous... you can also try to dominate industry and economy as well. All prices are based on market forces.

It's still quite a young game (<2 years I think) so it's actually early enough to dominate. Yet it's old enough to be stable.

Spoiler: Nation Building Guide (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Good alliances (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Not good alliances (click to show/hide)

Link is https://politicsandwar.com/register/ref=Magnus%20Decimus%20Gault
(I'll cycle around the referral bonus :P)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:14:24 pm by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politics & War: Nation Building MMO
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:16:24 pm »

Hmm, so when do we start a Bay12 Empire? :)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:51:19 pm »

You guys have to start a nation first :P

I'm actually stuck in an alliance in a war right now, but I can set up a few guides for you guys if enough people are interested. I can even get you guys a protectorate.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:21:23 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 12:35:04 am »

What's your leader name? I'd like to give you the referral bonus.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 01:17:44 am »

What's your leader name? I'd like to give you the referral bonus.

I didn't mention but if you make a nation and want me to post your referral link in OP, I'm ok with that.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:54:11 pm by Muz »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 01:53:23 am »

Fair enough! Naw, I'm fine without getting referral bux.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:36 am »

I made a nation under Umiman.

I thought I'd just mimic my NationStates nation.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 04:05:09 am »

I wonder if it'd be best if we all did nations, joined different alliances then do some migration to build a Grand Fortress when there's enough people in the game :D

Fair enough! Naw, I'm fine without getting referral bux.

You sure? Referral bux are about $1.5M per person, which is enough to build two cities :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:21:33 am »

made a nation, ruled by Andrea. used the umiman referral link, I hope to last enough for him to get his bonus :P

here if you want to give me game money

I must say, alliance offers come quickly. I already received 2 offers. any way to know which alliances are good, while we wait for a future bay12 nation?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 08:35:29 am »

South Texas calling in, led by Chicago Ted. I just dumped "Muz" into my referral name, so I guess somebody gets a bonus.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:54:01 am by Lukewarm »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 09:34:19 am »

Good alliances generally focus on training and community and require you to sign up on an external forum. Generally the longer it takes to get membership, the better the alliance is. They'll usually just throw random questions to see if you're active, because active means trainable and will coordinate in a war.

Bad alliances focus on how much aid they'll give you.

Also avoid all "paperless" alliances except GPA. Paperless is like living in a disaster prone area and refusing insurance. It works well until it doesn't.

Spoiler: Good alliances (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Not good alliances (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:55:03 pm by Muz »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 01:04:38 pm »

Thanks for all the referrals guys but I wasn't expecting that at all. You should probably give them to other Bay12ers too. I already have four so that seems a bit excessive.

I signed up for the Roz Wei alliance because they seem cool. Working on getting 5 cities.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 02:03:57 pm »

Time to start minmaxing.  Let the shenanigans begin!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 03:02:58 pm »

I am mimicking my Nationstates nation, Cortassia. It looks like an interesting game, as long as you have some understanding or friends to start with.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »

Signed up using Andreas referral link with the leader name lemon10. Here is my referral link if anyone is willing to use it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5