Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 29024 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2015, 01:15:52 pm »

((Thought so; hence "attempt".))

((Ah, kay then. Wasn't sure if "attempt" was as in "try to talk, I don't know ooc if we even can" or more just another way to describe "open commlink". Didn't wanna be rude and not respond if it was the second.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2015, 01:29:20 pm »

((S'all good))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2015, 12:52:55 pm »

((Huh, I thought those robobodies were spares he had brought himself? Or are those things he's stealing repurposing from the ship?))

Steady as she goes.

To team Capgras:

"Team Micropsia here, reporting in. We made it out of the gravity anomaly area, no damage. How are things on your end?"
I forget too, honestly. I thought I included them in the ship in case of injuries on site, but if he brought them, thats fine.

Yeah those robot bodies are my private possessions, not from the ship's infirmary. So turn them into an exoskeleton!

Consider Spazyak's Alot mounted turret design. Consider making something similar right here right now out of a robot arm, scrap metal, and a datapad. Make it so it can accept any rifle or pistol sized deathtubes.

Edit: Raise a hand. Raise all six.

You manage to turn them in to a rather ugly looking but completely effective exoskeleton.

Well...you could partially make it, but you'd need some more materials. Stronger metal for the barrel, some extra electronics you can't scavenge from the bodies, that sort of thing.

Brother Lars frowned at the monitors before attempting to communicate.  "Glorious General, are you there?  It appears part of the anomaly we encountered is following us.  We will evade it with the speed of Vo-Nos!"

Keep gunning it in the same direction.  Drop a buoy if we're supposed to.  If that thing gets closer, we have guns on this ship, right?  Blast it.
You keep going, increasing speed.  The thing seems to...hard to say judging just by the image you have. It appears to be coiling together into a condensed spike or football shape. And it is rapidly gaining speed. In fact, it is now leaving a wake of visible spectrum light, high energy radiation and heat behind it in rather complex, Spirograph like configurations.  You activate the ship's cannon and swivel it around to fire. The only thing visible about the thing chasing you is the kaleidoscopic exhaust it is leaving behind, so you just fire directly into that. 

The thing seems completely unaffected and continues to gain. It will reach you in under a minute at this rate.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »

((For the record, we've been updating the ship's locations and speeds on the wiki pw, so if you wanna know who is where, be sure to check there.))

Chook chook trucking on through the void. Drop buoy with all the relevant info about our current predicament as well. Then try to stay in contact range with team Capgras, but keep a healthy distance from that planetoid.

Noticing Capgras' lack of response, even though he could pick up their ship's transponder signal, Miyamoto started to get worried.
G
"Dubley, we seem to be picking up Capgras' signal, but they're not responding to any hails. Could you check if the comms equipment isn't malfunctioning on our end?"

He keeps trying to communicate with the other team while waiting for an answer.

"Capgras, this is Miyamoto. We are picking up your ship's transponder signal. Can you hear us? Come in Capgras."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:15:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2015, 01:16:04 pm »

((Whoops, missed the update.))

Cthunkan stops staring glassily at the kidney bean about to murder them.

"Ah! Hails! Kidney beans! Following us. Quite troubling, general. Quite troubling indeed," he finally says with the tone of somebody awakening from a nap over the radio.

Fly away! Smash Faith into the console repeatedly or whatever it is you do with braindead pilots to make them pilot. Er, not literally. Hopefully?

Uh, maybe try to pilot by myself! This was a terrible idea!

The goal, naturally, is to escape the kidney bean. Reach that escape velocity! Show that warping of spacetime who's boss!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:41:26 am by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2015, 01:48:43 pm »

"Belay that order Dubley, they're responding again.

Cthunkan, have you been drinking or something? What the hell does that even mean? Can you sober up and give me an actual report? And send us your ship's visuals so we can take a look? Where's the rest of your crew, are they alright?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2015, 05:08:40 pm »

"They're not moving, responding or making any indication that they are indeed alive. So the situation is entirely normal," Cthunkan explains. "To be honest, I'm not even sure if this team has three people in it. Maybe the third one is just a freestanding corpse. At least Faith made some effort to appear capable of independent thought. I don't think that's the anomaly, though. Just standard ARM conduct."

"But yes, the report. The kidney bean anomaly is coming straight for us, gaining speed and pulling us toward it with some rather strong gravity. It seems that we will have a tough time escaping it. Or perhaps we will be dashed against its preternatural surface into millions of braindead pieces - in fact, this is starting to appear increasingly likely. Things are starting to look very poor at the moment."

If I can figure out how, send the good general a visual feed of our impending doom.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »

"Is that thing still chasing us? You think it'd make it any worse if I shot at it?" Jason asks Lars, peering at the sensor readings.

If Lars is okay with it, tether myself to something sturdy inside the shuttle. Don't want a repeat of Jason's first spacewalk. See if there is an airlock or something I can open to poke out of and open fire on the anomaly with the HEP Pyramid or whatever ambiguous weapon my suit has. Or both.

If not, go back to staying out of the way or helping in some beneficial manner.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »

Give the exoskeleton to Sir Jackson. Make his locker armour fit over it.
"Here ya go! Every space knight needs a suit of power armour."
Y'know what? Give him my shield too. Space knight needs a shield.
But if he ever dies or gets stasis dementa I'm taking all this stuff back.

Now work on improving my laser cannon. Wire it to my suit, robot body, and briefcase welder for MORE POWER!

There is never enough power. I don't even know how much power it has but it needs more.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2015, 10:10:42 pm »

Give the exoskeleton to Sir Jackson. Make his locker armour fit over it.
"Here ya go! Every space knight needs a suit of power armour."
Y'know what? Give him my shield too. Space knight needs a shield.
But if he ever dies or gets stasis dementa I'm taking all this stuff back.

Now work on improving my laser cannon. Wire it to my suit, robot body, and briefcase welder for MORE POWER!

There is never enough power. I don't even know how much power it has but it needs more.
Thank you fine sir! I shall take pristine care of this armor!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2015, 11:35:06 pm »

"You're very welcome bro. Take care of it and it'll take care of you, but don't worry if it gets dented or broken that just means its doing its job."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2015, 11:37:44 pm »

"You're very welcome bro. Take care of it and it'll take care of you, but don't worry if it gets dented or broken that just means its doing its job."
Understood, I hear you quite loud and quite clearly.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2015, 01:49:05 am »

Lars nodded.  "Do what you must, brother.  I will pray for us."

Keep running!  Pray to Algis for protection, Ingram to guide Jason's shot, and Cog-azaon to understand this anomaly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2015, 05:14:22 am »

((I'll continue the conversation as if we haven't gotten the visual feed yet, in case that requires a roll or isn't possible.))

"They're not moving, responding or making any indication that they are indeed alive. So the situation is entirely normal," Cthunkan explains. "To be honest, I'm not even sure if this team has three people in it. Maybe the third one is just a freestanding corpse. At least Faith made some effort to appear capable of independent thought. I don't think that's the anomaly, though. Just standard ARM conduct."

"But yes, the report. The kidney bean anomaly is coming straight for us, gaining speed and pulling us toward it with some rather strong gravity. It seems that we will have a tough time escaping it. Or perhaps we will be dashed against its preternatural surface into millions of braindead pieces - in fact, this is starting to appear increasingly likely. Things are starting to look very poor at the moment."

If I can figure out how, send the good general a visual feed of our impending doom.

"Fantastic. Just what we needed. Maybe see if you can't use one as a novelty coat rack once this is dealt with, at least then they'll be somewhat entertaining while being totally useless.

So, if I understand you correctly, there's a floating vegetable with anomalous gravity coming toward you, yes? How big is it? And it's coming straight at you?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2015, 05:30:43 am »

((for clarification, the kidney bean is orbiting Crapgras, orbiting faster as they increase speed, and making their course erratic with it's gravity. The invisible spaghetti football spear is charging straight at scrupulosity, gaining speed and leaving beautiful death in it's wake.))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16