Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 29039 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2015, 10:50:37 am »

((I can move all the things we already encountered, and calculating the new position is easy, just apply Pythagoras: length of the diagonal is the value for the x axis, then decide if it's at -1,0 or 1 for y. Can even use programs online that calculate it for you.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2015, 12:36:58 pm »

Butcher those robot bodies and turn the components into and exoskeleton! For Sir Jackson! Please!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2015, 01:20:26 pm »

start drawing up a design for a gauss rifle that could be fired by draco biting down on a button. The gauss rifle would be attached to the front and top of the saddle on a motor. the motor allows the gauss rifle to follow the movement of Draco's head so that it fires where he is looking. A switch on a remote control allows this to be changed so that a rider can operate it as a turrent or control it using a joystick and button on the controller. Have the usual clip for the gauss rifle replaced by a belt with the belt leading to a bag on the side of the saddle.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2015, 10:00:17 am »

"Looks like we are inadvertently capturing the kidney bean. This may turn out poorly for our survival."

Provided nobody overrules my infallible judgment, move the hell away from the bean and see if it stops following us.
"Doesn't seem harmful so far, though I suppose alien can crushers never do until they're warmed up."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2015, 09:21:18 am »

"It can sense us, indeed.  Well, we have gathered our data; onward for the glory of Steve!"

Back up away from it.  Once it loses interest, drop a buoy and go in the proscribed direction.

Lars then tuned his radio to follow the comm net.  "General?  This is Brother Lars.  It appears that is capable of sensing us, as we got closer to it and it tried to move toward us.  We are backing away and heading onward as per your instructions.  Praise to Cog-Azaon for giving us the chance to learn!"

Was this done?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2015, 10:10:20 am »

((After such inspiring, rousing apathy, I'll assume the realligning was met with unanimous approval and go through with it. Soonest I can get to a computer is tommorow though, so stay tuned. We can still have actions run though, far as I see.))

Keep going along mainline. We should catch up to the other team now that they also have had a small delay, correct?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2015, 10:15:33 am »

((It seems a lot of work for little gain, but whatever, I'll go with it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »

((It seems a lot of work for little gain, but whatever, I'll go with it.))
((You haven't tried to actually track things in the current system I suspect. It's a bit of a mess.))

Here's the new coordinates and movement info, copypasted from wiki:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anomalies and buoys:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you see, tracking speed and position should be much easier now, just increment the right numbers. Had to make some guesses due to the way travel turns and action turns are processed at the same time, without it being very clear at times what exactly went down (eg did Capgras slow down, coast, or continue accelerating when they checked out that kidney bean?) but I think it should be mostly alright.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:15:10 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2015, 02:49:44 pm »

"Looks like we are inadvertently capturing the kidney bean. This may turn out poorly for our survival."

Provided nobody overrules my infallible judgment, move the hell away from the bean and see if it stops following us.
The kidney bean follows you. In fact, it appears to be moving to orbit you even faster now.  The gravity of it is making it rather hard to fly correctly.

Butcher those robot bodies and turn the components into and exoskeleton! For Sir Jackson! Please!
You realize those are for injured people right? I mean, if no one wants to stop you then we'll let you do it, consequences be damned.

start drawing up a design for a gauss rifle that could be fired by draco biting down on a button. The gauss rifle would be attached to the front and top of the saddle on a motor. the motor allows the gauss rifle to follow the movement of Draco's head so that it fires where he is looking. A switch on a remote control allows this to be changed so that a rider can operate it as a turrent or control it using a joystick and button on the controller. Have the usual clip for the gauss rifle replaced by a belt with the belt leading to a bag on the side of the saddle.
Saddle?

"It can sense us, indeed.  Well, we have gathered our data; onward for the glory of Steve!"

Back up away from it.  Once it loses interest, drop a buoy and go in the proscribed direction.

Lars then tuned his radio to follow the comm net.  "General?  This is Brother Lars.  It appears that is capable of sensing us, as we got closer to it and it tried to move toward us.  We are backing away and heading onward as per your instructions.  Praise to Cog-Azaon for giving us the chance to learn!"

Was this done?
You move away and drop the buoy before moving in the planned direction. But something is following you. It looks like a chunk of that spaghetti monster that detached and gave chase.

((After such inspiring, rousing apathy, I'll assume the realligning was met with unanimous approval and go through with it. Soonest I can get to a computer is tommorow though, so stay tuned. We can still have actions run though, far as I see.))

Keep going along mainline. We should catch up to the other team now that they also have had a small delay, correct?
I'll say correct.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2015, 02:57:31 pm »

((Huh, I thought those robobodies were spares he had brought himself? Or are those things he's stealing repurposing from the ship?))

Steady as she goes.

To team Capgras:

"Team Micropsia here, reporting in. We made it out of the gravity anomaly area, no damage. How are things on your end?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

(((it says that Drco has a saddle for riding him on the wiki.)))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »

Yeah those robot bodies are my private possessions, not from the ship's infirmary. So turn them into an exoskeleton!

Consider Spazyak's Alot mounted turret design. Consider making something similar right here right now out of a robot arm, scrap metal, and a datapad. Make it so it can accept any rifle or pistol sized deathtubes.

Edit: Raise a hand. Raise all six.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:20:17 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2015, 09:46:17 am »

Brother Lars frowned at the monitors before attempting to communicate.  "Glorious General, are you there?  It appears part of the anomaly we encountered is following us.  We will evade it with the speed of Vo-Nos!"

Keep gunning it in the same direction.  Drop a buoy if we're supposed to.  If that thing gets closer, we have guns on this ship, right?  Blast it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2015, 10:18:21 am »

Brother Lars frowned at the monitors before attempting to communicate.  "Glorious General, are you there?  It appears part of the anomaly we encountered is following us.  We will evade it with the speed of Vo-Nos!"

Keep gunning it in the same direction.  Drop a buoy if we're supposed to.  If that thing gets closer, we have guns on this ship, right?  Blast it.

((We cannot communicate, we're not in adjacent spots.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2015, 10:24:13 am »

((Thought so; hence "attempt".))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16