Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 766417 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

It That Embraces exists. How surprising. And is alarmed by the alarms, probably.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Alria fades to black with Motya the Ken-Doll

How amazing. Truly we have reached the pinnacle of character interactions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Then how the [annoyed noises] does it KNOW THERE'S A PROBLEM?!  Diagnostics, diagnostics, where's the darn diagnostic panel..."
Try rebooting the offending sensor.  That doesn't even make SENSE.
Possibly there is a snuggle loop, too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:02:59 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Diagnostics confirms that the sensor can tell there's a problem, but it can't actually tell you what the bloody problem is unless it gets closer, rebooting or no rebooting.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Kill the alarm, check station news channels.  And emergency radio as well.

((Aaand I'll be back in like an hour or so.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The alarm isn't killed by Alanis' attempts to kill it. The alarm probably warrants whatever the problem is being fixed first before it'll go away.

Station news and emergency radio doesn't seem to have anything on it yet. Likely, the ship is the first thing on the station to have picked it up, or their sensors are even more screwed up than the ship's. The former is more likely, as the disturbance is closest to the ship rather than to the station.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

"Yes but....you just seemed quite offended, and I've ruined it all."

If Periw's on the ship, she should start detecting....something on the ship's sensors, somewhere out towards the planets.

Periw does a scan of the nearby planets. If it seems important she will call the others back to the ship.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"Well, if you do not need me or Gozer at this very moment, we will do other things, I suppose, while we wait to aid you. Would you be interested in serving the Embodiment of night, Nyx?" Dackly asks on a whim, and if nothing develops of any of that, her and Gozer leave Periw to her devices.

Dackly Upgrades her turban using a pile of Junk and the Nightshade, tucking the gift into her turban in such a a way that it is both visible and given shade, a sign of their new focus of devotion.

Dackly and Gozer search the station for conflict to diffuse or exacerbate.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sensors seem to be detecting some sort of energy-based disturbance near the planets. The ship's sensors need to get closer to actually sense the TYPE of disturbance. Periw may make a mental note to make an upgrade to the clearly primitive sensors this ship seems to be packing.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Periw mutters about dirt tech, records a message on her Arm console, uploads said message to her robonoids, and sends her Robonoids to find the others and show them the message.

Spoiler: Message (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mio lifts an eyebrow before nodding to Eirika and heading back onto the ship.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Chryssa heads onto the ship.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Snuggle loop may be interrupted by alarms. Unfortunately, It That Embraces isn't really able to interact with technology, but can sort of get the idea. It seems vaguely worried, clinging to the nearest person available. Even a Primordial fears that which it does not know.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Snuggle loop may be interrupted by alarms. Unfortunately, It That Embraces isn't really able to interact with technology, but can sort of get the idea. It seems vaguely worried, clinging to the nearest person available. Even a Primordial fears that which it does not know.
Alanis very quickly becomes the closest person available, while reporting the anomaly via the spacephone.
"Hello, this is...I don't even know what the name of the ship is.  Ugh.  Right.  Anyway, we're docked on the station at [location we're docked at] and we're picking up some sort of anomalous energy signature that we can't figure out on our... [name of sensor]?"
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It occurs to Alanis that calling a random number on the phone won't do him much good. We'll assume he called the operator.
".....hmm....right. I'll patch you through to the station, based on your coordinates, but have you considered actually checking out this anomaly? It may be a false alarm, but with these kinds of sensors, it's just not easy to fix it to not do that unless you land and take the whole thing apart to fix it in a proper drydock."
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1862