Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 769027 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #14670 on: January 27, 2016, 01:55:33 pm »

"Yeah.  I suppose."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: January 27, 2016, 01:59:52 pm »

Thump!
Sandra hits the floor and jolts awake.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14672 on: January 27, 2016, 02:08:31 pm »

So, I left that kefuffle to go sort itself out and left the house for a smoke break. Nothing earns you peace and quiet more than shrouding yourself with carcinogens after all, and at that point, I definitely needed some quiet from all the bullshit. There was a problem, there always was problem - it didn't match up at all, what on earth would have made them come to their conclusion? Suppose they were right, there is a multiverse and there are reality-devouring hostiles threatening it, why them then? One of them mentioned the powers that be, I had thought that if such powers do exist, they'd be at least competent enough to choose people other than emotionally unstable teenagers for the job. Indeed, if the anomaly was indeed the recruitment method, then it would have made the selection process a crapshoot. Anyone who walks through one would have been "chosen". Bullshit. Utter nonsense. If the stakes really were so high, why weren't the ineffable bastards using all other, far better options? More targeted selection, mass random selection, even bubble nucleation would have worked a lot better. Which of course implied that whatever made the anomaly knew enough about the universe to have made a convincing simulation of it, but not of its inhabitants.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:10:12 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: January 27, 2016, 02:14:18 pm »

Ian has gotten up to use the rest room and refill on drinks during a less interesting part of the show.
Eirika has her feet in his chair when he returns, and blows a raspberry at him
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: January 27, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »

Ian returns eventually with an extra box of candy for Eirika.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14675 on: January 27, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »

".....Thanks..."
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:21 pm »

Ian shrugs.
"It's fine, your my friend after all."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »

"...Right...."
Black lives matter.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:46 pm »

So, I left that kefuffle to go sort itself out and left the house for a smoke break. Nothing earns you peace and quiet more than shrouding yourself with carcinogens after all, and at that point, I definitely needed some quiet from all the bullshit. There was a problem, there always was problem - it didn't match up at all, what on earth would have made them come to their conclusion? Suppose they were right, there is a multiverse and there are reality-devouring hostiles threatening it, why them then? One of them mentioned the powers that be, I had thought that if such powers do exist, they'd be at least competent enough to choose people other than emotionally unstable teenagers for the job. Indeed, if the anomaly was indeed the recruitment method, then it would have made the selection process a crapshoot. Anyone who walks through one would have been "chosen". Bullshit. Utter nonsense. If the stakes really were so high, why weren't the ineffable bastards using all other, far better options? More targeted selection, mass random selection, even bubble nucleation would have worked a lot better. Which of course implied that whatever made the anomaly knew enough about the universe to have made a convincing simulation of it, but not of its inhabitants.

The wanderings of the Primordial, being generally near the house, take them to a certain hardboiled catsquid.

It That Embraces simply stares at it, looking vaguely amused.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: January 27, 2016, 02:32:51 pm »

"Whatever that person was, it's hard to determine it's intentions since it didn't do all that much to Alanis. It already knew her name, it wasn't tracking her down if it knew that she would come to the cafe." Aesford leans over the rim of his chair, "Did you tell it anything important, Alanis?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: January 27, 2016, 02:39:53 pm »

"Not...Really.  No.  I don't think.  Unless she can read minds.

Gargh, I'm going back to the house."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: January 27, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »

"Not...Really.  No.  I don't think.  Unless she can read minds.

Gargh, I'm going back to the house."

ENG would remain silent, and ready to follow. This was far too suspicious, and Alanis may be a target.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: January 27, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »

Big Daddy is still waiting on his order, he notices Alanis and ENG, but does nothing
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: January 27, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »

Anywho, Alanis heads for the house...And runs into ItE and BOXWOOD.
"Oh, hi..."
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: January 27, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

((Timeskip soon, finally.))
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1862