Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916759 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #12405 on: March 21, 2016, 01:32:25 am »

It's shitposting all the way down.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: March 21, 2016, 01:35:03 am »

It's shitposting all the way down.
bastard, you ruined everything
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: March 21, 2016, 01:36:56 am »

kj is so
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: March 21, 2016, 03:18:11 am »

no u

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: March 21, 2016, 03:39:31 am »

quote pls

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: March 21, 2016, 03:51:56 am »

Also, *applies hugs to DigitalDemon*

More stuff:
Seratius should get a bonus to persuasion.
Thanks.

I edited my earlier post, bc I had some ideas.

I actually changed quite a bit, I just need a few more perks.

Okay, got it.

Okay, I changed it up a bit, adding some perk effects to make four perks, and I also added a final main action. Good?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:14:53 am by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: March 21, 2016, 04:05:37 am »

I swear to god, Emp, one of these days
I should just veto every idea inspired by Emp on the spot

Powder Bomb needs to lose the bleed, and Strange Vial needs to lose the multiplier on damage dealt by using it on an enemy. Give Whip It a miss chance on the five hits, and define the slowing/burning effect of Tar of Tartarus.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: March 21, 2016, 04:15:00 am »

Also, *applies hugs to DigitalDemon*

More stuff:
Seratius should get a bonus to persuasion.
Thanks.

I edited my earlier post, bc I had some ideas.

I actually changed quite a bit, I just need a few more perks.

Okay, got it.

Okay, I changed it up a bit, adding some perk effects to make four perks, and I also added a final main action. Good?
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: March 21, 2016, 04:21:24 am »

I swear to god, Emp, one of these days
I should just veto every idea inspired by Emp on the spot

Powder Bomb needs to lose the bleed, and Strange Vial needs to lose the multiplier on damage dealt by using it on an enemy. Give Whip It a miss chance on the five hits, and define the slowing/burning effect of Tar of Tartarus.
Um, Elf? None of those were the ones I made for that character. I didn't even suggest any actions at all, save for the one by given a Perk that they didn't choose to use! :P

This was my suggestion, which removed the dual-forms, and had an emphasis on capitalizing on status effects to strengthen damage over time effects.

Gargoyle might be a bit OP btw. Since it gives 2 bonus points to the same stat on levelup and regen. While other bonus point perks only give 1 point to two stats with no other benefits.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:28:06 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: March 21, 2016, 06:05:48 am »

I know. Still. :P

And yes. Only 1 CON per level up perk, please.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: March 21, 2016, 06:18:09 am »

Oh believe me, I don't expect to most of my suggestions approved on the first pass, just to get feedback on how to balance them, and then progressively move them back down closer to "balanced". Because as long as it's not overpowered, it's usually accepted, even if it is weaker than it ought to be.

Speaking of which, at a glance, Aaron/Seratius has an abnormally powerful Perk, Dual Form that grants twice the starting actions (unless all their Ability Points went into making new actions); allows them to basically just switch forms when critical, which can bring them back to higher HP values; and gives them access to another set of stats. Except they're still underpowered (in terms of combat utility) by the looks of it because of how weak their actions are. They've got good survivability, but they don't seem to really be too good at damaging (2d8 with 45% miss rate doesn't seem like too good at dealing damage) or too versatile at support (slow doesn't sound too useful, burn is more damage over time than support, none of their buffs benefit anyone else, and they can't really draw fire either). They might just end up stuck casting Invisibility and Blind continuously, which is a bit of an issue seeing as a stereotypical ninja with a smokebomb addiction would serve that same role.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:28:10 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: March 21, 2016, 07:36:43 am »

Well, then again, if we made his forms stronger, we run into a different problem; that he has basically two powerful characters in one.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: March 21, 2016, 07:59:49 am »

Why does Aaron have a stat total of 24, and Seratius 22? Stat total before bonuses should be 38 at Level 6.

Well, then again, if we made his forms stronger, we run into a different problem; that he has basically two powerful characters in one.
Yeah, not a nice situation to be in. I mean, for starters it might be best to just force them to have identical CON, that way they can share the same HP pool. They were better balanced in the early drafts where they at least only had two or three actions each, rather than five each.

Ideas that come to mind include having the above unified HP change being enacted, removing Change Form, and having the active one each turn being controlled via coin toss or something.

Alternatively, have a Unique Stat like Shade's characters and make them have the exact same stats. This Unique Stat is added to either STR or SYN depending on who is in control. Then, make their actions have a specific purpose, but which has the exact details and effects differ based on the person in control. Sort of like how Alanis' spells often have two modes. That way they're back down to 5 starting actions and just one character with two modes, rather than two completely different characters wrapped up in the same sheet and slot. That would also mean they'd be down to the usual number of equipment slots rather than double, and I suppose we could just permit Seratius to have the flavor ability to strippify all armor and whippify all weapons upon being switched in.

Does Burn stack? Got any ideas for other effects for Charm? Because right now, it's just reflavored Stun, which there is plenty of in terms of both people capable of inflicting it, and foes able to negate or resist it.

Is it possible for a multi-hit attack to not have a miss chance if each individual hit is at a sufficiently low multiplier? If not, would adding recoil and/or cooldown make that permissible? Because Whip It Good is currently trying to be both a powerful attack and a status effect applicator, which due to not being specialized, it is beginning to fail at both. If damage and spammability must be sacrificed, I'd imagine it'd be an acceptable sacrifice seeing as it has a ~67% Burn chance and ~96% Charm chance.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:01:25 am by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: March 21, 2016, 08:29:14 am »

>Literally Marshawn Lynch
I am giggling giddily
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1328