Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916661 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #10170 on: February 29, 2016, 02:55:25 pm »

After I write up the turn. ;-;

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: February 29, 2016, 02:57:40 pm »

Yeah, After elf writes turn :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: February 29, 2016, 02:58:43 pm »

K.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: February 29, 2016, 03:00:48 pm »

So I'm catching up on everything I missed in the IC Thread.

It seems that the solution to every interparty conflict is "Someone punch Alan/Alanis in the face."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: February 29, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »

Or, threaten to, it seems.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: February 29, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »

It seems that the solution to every interparty conflict is "Someone punch Alan/Alanis in the face."
Ahhhh that was a good moment. The satisfying almost 1 punch kill on Alan. Too good.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: February 29, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »

This is why Kyle comes with a kevlar labcoat.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: February 29, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »

To be fair, Alanis probably deserves to be punched in the face every once in a while. TBF has way too many !!IDEAS!!.
The bit where she basically crushed a Vertex into oblivion?
hell hath no fury
I think best plan would have been to make all of the PCs at least equivalent to Exalted characters from the get go so that the Trespassers don't look like the sort of beings that can get ganked by teenagers, amateurs, and noncombatants :P

Also yes. Definitely. Kill her. Make her come back as a ghost. Have her haunt Erika and just threaten Grima for all of eternity.
I do think it was a bit early to introduce actual Trespassers, but then I literally made an ancient god-thing so who am I to talk

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: February 29, 2016, 03:23:37 pm »

Honestly Twi, considering what the Trespassers were getting built up to be as, it probably would have been more fitting for everyone to make entities in the same vein or at least degree of power of ItE. I guess the main issue is that there's a desire to make the stakes absurdly high, but also to just throw in random NPCs from anime and videogame settings which can actually contribute, thereby limiting PCs to really their level of power.

I mean, if we actually were to play as Exalted-esque characters, sure it'd actually look a lot more like a desperate struggle, and give the plot far more credibility, but also the vat majority of NPCs would be utterly useless and probably outright ignored as a result. People aren't going to pay too much heed to the ants around them. But hey, it's some sort of macro-plot, so I suppose as long as no one focuses on it too hard, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: February 29, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »

*shrug*
Trespassers have vermin too.
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: February 29, 2016, 03:30:35 pm »

Well yes, but that'd be more exterminator duty than being a hero. I mean, I personally think it could probably be quite interesting just play as the people fighting back the minor incursions while the actual heroes of this story do whatever it is that they do elsewhere to actually hold off or push back the main force, with the PCs unable to know whether the war is being won until either victory is declared or everything fades to naught, but strangely, I have a feeling I'm outspoken in that regard.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: February 29, 2016, 03:30:50 pm »

Honestly Twi, considering what the Trespassers were getting built up to be as, it probably would have been more fitting for everyone to make entities in the same vein or at least degree of power of ItE. I guess the main issue is that there's a desire to make the stakes absurdly high, but also to just throw in random NPCs from anime and videogame settings which can actually contribute, thereby limiting PCs to really their level of power.

I mean, if we actually were to play as Exalted-esque characters, sure it'd actually look a lot more like a desperate struggle, and give the plot far more credibility, but also the vat majority of NPCs would be utterly useless and probably outright ignored as a result. People aren't going to pay too much heed to the ants around them. But hey, it's some sort of macro-plot, so I suppose as long as no one focuses on it too hard, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Or you can not overthink shit and let the Cool vs Awesome ensue. Otherwise, by sheer logic, ItE would render everyone else moot and Mio should just instantly kill everyone because her magic's made to kill eldritch abominations with ease :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: February 29, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

And there would be two Eirikas; the current one and the Super Evil Future one, and the latter would be able to slaughter half the party.
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: February 29, 2016, 03:32:35 pm »

And Chryssa would be invincible, then.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: February 29, 2016, 03:32:43 pm »

Ahhhh that was a good moment. The satisfying almost 1 punch kill on Alan. Too good.

Maybe I'll get some context later on, but it's interesting that Mio gives Chyrssa this big ole' lecture on, "You can't beat up someone for talking shit about you." Then Alanis talks shit about everyone and Tourmaline piledrives her asshole into the 4th circle of Hell.

It could always be handwaves as, coincidentally, everyone in the fight against the Trespassers have some sort of 'hidden potential' that allows them to take on God creatures. Basically, everyone from Master Chief to Light Yagami ends up being a secret super sayian. Insane, yes, but it would explain how a bunch of undeveloped high schoolers and weirdos got together to fight against something way beyond their power  threshold. It's inane, sure, but then again you'd need an inane explanation if you had a rationale for sending the cast of High School Musical and some hobos to eradicate ISIL.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1328