Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 917001 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #7260 on: January 17, 2016, 04:24:25 pm »

chizuru/papyrus confirmed for best npc couple
aw yis.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: January 17, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »

ELF,
Should we get a roll to create a in-depth manual on how to revive and heal people with ENG's healing kits?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: January 17, 2016, 04:27:03 pm »

....Not really, if it's ENG writing it. Unless you're implying that it's a crapshoot on whether or not ENG knows how to operate his own gear.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: January 17, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »

I am implying this as a crafting roll that gives another person access to one of ENG's actions. It's just crafting with words. He might not be able to describe it accurately, or perhaps he might get distracted.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: January 17, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »

The implication is that ENG's done it before, for students, multiple times. If he hasn't gotten it down now, he has no hope as a teacher whatsoever. It makes no sense for him to possibly fail to write a manual about something he's both used for years and is authorised to teach people to use.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: January 17, 2016, 04:33:13 pm »

The implication is that ENG's done it before, for students, multiple times. If he hasn't gotten it down now, he has no hope as a teacher whatsoever. It makes no sense for him to possibly fail to write a manual about something he's both used for years and is authorised to teach people to use.
Still, for balancing purposes this is quite serious.
so yeah... just trying to be nice about it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: January 17, 2016, 04:35:18 pm »

For cases like this, I'll give it a pass. For actual proper crafting, I'll force a roll because that affects game balance far more than teaching more people how to use a limited piece of equipment does. The same for actually LEARNING something from the manual.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: January 17, 2016, 04:38:08 pm »

For cases like this, I'll give it a pass. For actual proper crafting, I'll force a roll because that affects game balance far more than teaching more people how to use a limited piece of equipment does. The same for actually LEARNING something from the manual.
.... You are aware that he can make more healing kits, given time and plenty of attempts, right?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: January 17, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »

I'll call limited crafting supply (otherwise it'd be pretty bullshit) or limited effectiveness if he can just make more healing kits. Partially because infinite healing kits are just outclassed by Motya/Sandra anyway and because if everyone's a medic then I'll be forced to either nerf healing or start making everyone who does plots take your healing kits away or solve it otherwise.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: January 17, 2016, 04:53:14 pm »

I'd think limited effectiveness would be best, since he's had ages worth of practice and this is all relatively new to the others. On top of that, since they don't recharge by themselves (it's all there in the item on my charsheet) It's technically limited that way, unless he gets a hold of another source of nanites to use.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: January 17, 2016, 05:44:59 pm »

*You read the Multiverse game threads.
*You feel...something.

--snip--
what universe is this character from?
His character was very well written. Plus..... Football Knight! It's so frickin' unique!

EDIT: Oh! TCM, what worldscape does Aesford come from?

Aesford, personality and backstory-wise, is mainly based on the real-life Seattle Seahawk Cornerback Richard Sherman. Of course, it's a fictionalization and exaggeration of his character, as real football (sadly) does not have players wielding futuristic energy-swords or power armor.

For a Worldscape, you could use the Madden video game franchise. Supposedly, it's meant to be a super-realistic simulator of playing in the NFL. For other people including myself, it's a game to create an-all star player named "Darth Picture" who is 5'5, 400 Pounds, has anime-hair and causes his whole team to lose games because he convinces them to ditch practice to go to a LAN Tournament instead. Also, you can make beautiful bullshit like this. In short, I'd argue that Madden is as crazy and fantastic as any Halo or Pokemon game.

If Madden doesn't count because it's a mere simulator and thus just a reflection of real life, then I would say he's from NFL Street, which explicitly basks in its absurdity. It's almost a fighting game mixed with football, because in addition to throwing passes and performing tackles, the game also has players suplexing and dropkicking each other, doing sick walls runs and wall jumps, and performing super-ultra-turbo moves after building up a meter.

If that doesn't work either, possible worldverses include Cyberball (a game where future football is played with cybernetic players and exploding footballs),l Blood Bowl (football duked out between elves, orcs, and all sorts of wild fantasy stuff; imagine if ToadyOne made a football game), or Eye-shield 21 (the football anime).
Since everything I've listed is unique enough to draw source material out of or reference for plot, I would be fine with any of them being incorporated into the multiverse.

Aesford is identical to Sherman in real life. Sherman is a big loud black man from Compton, LA who is known for his hostility towards other players, leading to people labeling his actions as part of "Thug Life." Sherman detests this title, as his "gangster lifestyle" includes him: Graduating from High School with a 4.5 GPA, Graduating Stanford with a 4.0, reading good literature, being eloquent and articulate, and being a nerd. I believe he was a fascinating person, certainly worthy of an inspired roleplaying character. Aesford also has the traits of several other eccentric football players including:
*J.J. Watt - Houston Texans Defensive Tackle, who spends his spare time isolating himself in the mountains, living in a wood cabin while chopping down trees and lifting huge rocks. (Probably an anime character disguising himself as a real person.)
*Antonio Brown - Pittsburg Steelers Running Back who's unconventional touchdown celebration dances include flailing his limbs around wildly, hugging the goalpost, exchanging Kung-Fu style bows with other players, and making snow angels)
*Andrew Luck - Indianapolis Colts Quartback that names his plays after characters from Lord of the Rings.
*The Entire Team of Green Bay Packers - The whole team plays Settlers of Catan every week.
Also, throw a pinch of that ultra-determined-"I-fight-for-my-friends"-never-give-up-Undyne character in there because why not?

The Lynch Beast is based upon Marshawn Lynch in real life, a player notorious for being difficult to stop as well as his silence. He really likes Skittles. Fun Fact: Marshawn Lynch enjoys a good game of Mario Kart; his favorite character is Toad.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: January 17, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »

I like how your other post was at 5:50 AM and this one is at 5:45 PM.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: January 17, 2016, 06:08:43 pm »

Suddenly I have lost all hope for unique characters *he says in a joking tone*
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: January 17, 2016, 06:14:36 pm »

True determination is working on your character sheet until six in the morning.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: January 17, 2016, 06:14:58 pm »

True determination is working on your character sheet until six in the morning.
I perfectly understand. Sometimes, inspiration just strikes. :P
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1328