Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916268 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Accepting players.
« Reply #1830 on: November 12, 2015, 01:52:15 pm »

The main problem is D&G's gimmick requires some things that aren't 100% Status Immune, which seems to have been established as far and few between, so be careful making anything that assumes something other than you will be affected.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 12, 2015, 02:06:48 pm »

To clarify, it wasn't sarcasm.

The lack of sarcasm is what makes it so hilarious to me, honestly.

The main problem is D&G's gimmick requires some things that aren't 100% Status Immune, which seems to have been established as far and few between, so be careful making anything that assumes something other than you will be affected.

Yeah, that does sound like a problem. Though their gimmick seems more reliant on getting the last hits in fights to me, which is very unlikely given the huge number of players in the game. So... Have fun with that?

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 12, 2015, 02:41:06 pm »

Gimmick? You mean Perks?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 12, 2015, 02:43:57 pm »

No. I meant gimmicks. Perks can be part of a gimmick, but rarely form a gimmick all by themselves.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 12, 2015, 02:45:14 pm »

Give me difference in terms of this context.

Does everyone have rotating avatars?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 12, 2015, 02:46:12 pm »

Well see, that is what their perk does for me, if they DON't get the last hit, they get a broken statue bauble/item.

Honestly, I am surprised nobody got one on sector X from the falling statues.

Really though it may just be a weird unspoken nerf that a lot of their abilities never seem to work.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:56:26 pm by Shadestyle »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 12, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »

Continued from IC convo

Then it would functionally be the same as phazon gear, and like I said, Neither of them are supposed to be used on their own, but rather as Crafting items, so It is less likely if they are used like, on the end of a Spear, or as part of a Shield or Armor.

Edit* Unless it makes it's wielder entirely on fire, in which case it is a super high risk high reward kinda thing since everything including your armor and weapons are on fire also.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:38:07 pm by Shadestyle »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 12, 2015, 09:39:58 pm »

... Still, There are all sorts of ways this can go wrong now Such as:
>If it Applys the [BURNING] Effect to everything in a 50 foot radius.
>If it takes life force to activate, and then Basically Explodes for all intents and purposes into a massive death ball.
>If it simply Becomes permanently molten metal, No matter what you do to it.
>If it opens a rift into the plane of fire and pulls creatures from there to here.
See?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 12, 2015, 09:44:37 pm »

Are you going to reply?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 12, 2015, 09:51:07 pm »

Those are really high power effects is the problem, if we got anything even close to that, it gives us just as much as it takes.

50 feet sounds like the ultimate Area Denial, so long as we kept it in a special part of the ship until we needed it and then had whoever had the highest health dump it in an area with enemies, or Even just the fact that it makes EVERYONE in a 50 foot radius burn would make it interesting item for combat, it has upsides within the downside itself.

Well the idea is that 'Activating" it in any capacity wouldn't happen, ((or if it Automatically activated, that we just kept it handy for when that would be used, like making it into a crossbow bolt)), and this is just a feasible item otherwise for general murderhobory.

Permanently molten metal makes a great weapon applicant, or poison for that matter. Just Jar it up like the Crystals and Goop.  If it is permanently molten, that makes it a huge thing for Other weapons, like storing it in Non-molten object to make a permanent red hot item.

If it is summoning creatures from the plane of fire, that has an absurd amount of abuse potential, Just imagine it, Gozer becoming a 100 Statue abomination as Dackly and him Farm them in a closed room with a healer, or we could try Diplomacy, Or try to science it into a 2 way portal.

Really the reason it wouldn't and shouldn't is that that those effects are too high-potential.  What if we gave any of those to our resident "Gets stronger the more damage she takes" person?

If i had to be honest, Molten metal and Perma-burning are probably the worst, since one is vaguely useless, and the other does have some legitimate risk to party members.

But hopefully, none of that will come to be, since It is 1 Fireball, a crystal, a petrify, some earth magic, 1/100th of a phazon crystal, metal, and stone.  I just hope it doesn't "lolexplosionagain".

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 12, 2015, 09:55:17 pm »

But hopefully, none of that will come to be, since It is 1 Fireball, a crystal, a petrify, some earth magic, 1/100th of a phazon crystal, metal, and stone.  I just hope it doesn't "lolexplosionagain".
Yep, i'd say the chance of that happening is fairly high, Because of how unstable Phazon is. And how it normally reacts when you try and do anything with it.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »

Problem is it already exploded once, unless this stuff is just perpetual explodium, it should have worked out all of that compressed energy, if the Glowing Cooled metal is anything to go by.

And if it is perpetual explodium, we have better things to be doing with it, such as ship artillery that just keeps going.

Cause I mean, the CRYSTALS exploding if you breathe on them is expected, I can see my attempts to tame it failing, like a prince rupert's drop, but I am using something affected by it, AFTER it already exploded.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:00:30 pm by Shadestyle »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 12, 2015, 10:02:31 pm »

and then there's the fact that your basically cooking with Pure Chaos, Because you know what happens to Finsib/Bisnif's magic... and your adding it to something worse!

*Boom* "Sorry Sir"

*Thunk* "Sorry Miss"

*BANG* *SMASH* *CRUNCH* "What Just happened to my legs?"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 12, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »

Problem with that is that what you intended to happen actually did, D&G exploited his power themselves to make it, and then are exploiting the power stored in there themselves.  Your perk shouldn't trigger, since Finsib isn't involved in it outside of his apparently successful spell.

Wasn't your plan to energy transfer to Alan so he could do it to subvert Finsib's perk?

It does have the chance of failing completely, but I hope we are past the event horizon of Random explosions for this particular batch of objects, and it will just be a warped plate that looks nothing like Dackly and a solid spike with a huge bend in it at worst.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:08:30 pm by Shadestyle »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 12, 2015, 10:12:01 pm »

Wasn't your plan to energy transfer to Alan so he could do it to subvert Finsib's perk?
Nope, I was going to instruct him in how to do it, before Flooding him with a near lethal Amount of my magic and hope for the best.
Worst things worst, We lose an annoying party member who knows too much for his own good...

It does have the chance of failing completely, but I hope we are past the event horizon of Random explosions for this particular batch of objects, and it will just be a warped plate that looks nothing like Dackly and a solid spike with a huge bend in it at worst.
And If the plate Turns out semi living and annoyed? Or the spike has animal like intelligence and the ability to fly?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:13:41 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1328