Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 922609 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #15630 on: April 12, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

Ian is headstrong. And he's going to get a cool prosthetic arm. Everyone knows that Prosthetic arms make you cooler than people without them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: April 12, 2016, 08:43:02 pm »

Can I make a suggestion about summons?

They should be (1) dependent upon the caster's level for stats, not the actual stats of the caster, (2) but dependent upon the skill's level for AP.  (3) The formulae for SP and AP don't change.  (4)  Summon max level should be caster level minus two or something for Minions, and caster level for Companions.

That would nerf the problem areas of 'dumping everything into a single stat and basing the character around that'.
And maybe limit the amount of Minions on the field at once to "1/2 Caster's Level"?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15632 on: April 12, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »

anyway, if I could bother you, any thoughts on the updated versions of the two alt characters I have? Also thoughts on Voile, the Magic Library as Haruka's theme?

we interrupt this regularly scheduled shipping to bring you

edit: the system of limiting summons based on the level of the action is good, but sort of makes requiring perk support unnecessary because it would require assloads of investment to get usable summons
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:45:32 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: April 12, 2016, 08:44:13 pm »

Can I make a suggestion about summons?

They should be (1) dependent upon the caster's level for stats, not the actual stats of the caster, (2) but dependent upon the skill's level for AP.  (3) The formulae for SP and AP don't change.  (4)  Summon max level should be caster level minus two or something for Minions, and caster level for Companions.

That would nerf the problem areas of 'dumping everything into a single stat and basing the character around that'.
And maybe limit the amount of Minions on the field at once to "1/2 Caster's Level"?
Sounds reasonable.  Though there should be a floor of 1.  (and maybe rounding up, but that's pushing it a bit.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: April 12, 2016, 08:45:04 pm »

And then everyone who can reasonably have summons has them and swarms enemies with minions  :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: April 12, 2016, 08:45:30 pm »

Ian is headstrong. And he's going to get a cool prosthetic arm. Everyone knows that Prosthetic arms make you cooler than people without them.
wilson got part of his grey matter blown out and isn't even dead, how cool is that
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: April 12, 2016, 08:46:29 pm »

Say, Elf, how long has it been now since the start of the game? In-game, that is.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:49:45 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: April 12, 2016, 08:48:31 pm »

if i were to ship evridiki with anyone right now it would probably be aesford honestly

I actually feel like I want to bring Evridiki on the HERO plot since she's had time to adjust, and then Chartre on the next

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: April 12, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

I based Gozer originally on the idea that his level is equal to his skill's level, for all intents and purposes. Since it is impossible to have a skill higher leveled than your character, and trying to keep it near their level cripples them in other areas.

I am however, hesitant to limit companion summons, since I spent like half an hour reworking Gozer to fit with the current summon build, and decreasing his AP kinda guts my plans, I'll just accept whatever the GM's decide, and hope my sheet can weather the storm of people forcing them to change everything because they cannot manage themselves more than kindergartners.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: April 12, 2016, 08:50:04 pm »

wilson got part of his grey matter blown out and isn't even dead, how cool is that
Kind of boring, not even a scar from it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:38 pm »

getting shot in the head and surviving because of a rare condition is super cool, frig off
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: April 12, 2016, 08:53:36 pm »

@Shadestyle:What do you think we should do for companion summons?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: April 12, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »

I'm sure Ian is the one having all these thoughts about elf and sanure

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:20 pm »

I love the current system, since it means Gozer got a buff to proper companion level rather than barely a footnote to Dackly,

There are three factors at work here, and I think this is crucial

Summons able to be put on the field

Summons Available To the user

Summon's Power Level

If you ask me, it should work like how I am planning, Summon power is based on how many can be out at once.

If you are only able to have one summon out, it should be companion level.

Each additional one cuts everything they have by that amount, period, anything else is highly OP.

This should be a hard lock, so you can't pick and choose how many summons you can make in battle to reorganize their power level.

so if you can make 10 minions total, each one will be 1/10 companion level, have 1/10 AP, 1/10 SP, and 1/10 Level.

Minion clusters should be a thing if you want multiple, so you summon a hoard of rats as your summon? That is one companion level summon, and works accordingly.

With no pussyfooting around the issue and trying to make it pretty, if you have 2 summons, it is only fair that they each be half as strong as one bigger summon.

Second, once a summon is summoned, it stays until dead or battle concludes, outside of very specific circumstances, so if you have 5 companion level summons, you cannot swap them in battle, but you can do so before battle, or after they die, you can summon a different one.

Third, Each summon needs it's own skill, and a perk for summoning related to the general summon concept.

If summons are merely variants, or all run off the same number sceme, then you can simply add a level to the skill to increase the amount of types.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:11:47 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15644 on: April 12, 2016, 09:07:17 pm »

eh, do I bother statting up Blinky Stabby Guy? I'm like 95% set on Volx.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1328