Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916045 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13290 on: March 25, 2016, 06:32:56 pm »

I'm up for nerfing Alanis. She's next on my checklist.

I need that checklist too.... ;-;
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: March 25, 2016, 06:37:23 pm »

It depends on which status effects, really. He won't like taking a STR Break or a RES Break, for instance. :P
Yeah, that's why I want his Semblance Perk to give damage or STR multiplier. He's still screwed if he gets an Action Lock or a Stun or something like that on him. It's a rather risky build, especially since there's the risk that he might bite off more than he can chew, making him deal high damage but basically dooming him if everyone can't remove the negative effects from him quickly enough.

Sigh.
We all knew it was coming. I even gave you two dedicated posts, one on how to fix her, one with four partial builds!

Either, I usually default to Elf since he seems to handle most of the mechanical stuff.
Because people tend to leave me out of the loop ;-;
Because it's a feedback loop. Elf answers all the mechanical stuff (when I was PM'ing BOXWOOD's crunch drafts Elf was the only one who responded and you were quickly removed from the list of recipients, making me think that Elf was basically in charge of mechanics), so people only ask him about it, meaning no one asks you. Plus it doesn't help when every now and then you do something related to mechanics (portal gun, Luck as Charisma (yes, I am nesting parentheses)) and Elf starts wanting to stab you in the face :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: March 25, 2016, 06:53:31 pm »

Donchaka

Well, like I said before, the Equipment slots are balanced because that is the scaling part of the perk, and technically, only using the weapon uses it's damage stat, with the rest being passive effects, so they can't just stack up damage dice at all, or even Shield's Active RES, since they don't have multi actions.  It mostly gives them options and passive bonuses.

Dackly and Gozer

As for 13 summons, maybe I need two skills, one for the summon in question, and a skill called "Tag in!" that replaces Gozer with the person on the sidelines. with the max number of summons equal to Tag in's level. or something along those lines.

This cripples Dackly's Statues and RES stats in return for a stronger person like the luscious resurrected psychopath I am gunning for.

Otherwise, they just loaf around the base eating our food and being NPC's.

How do these sound Emp, Elf and San?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:55:38 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: March 25, 2016, 06:54:58 pm »

I'm not saying they're unbalanced. I'm just saying that the prospect of having to keep track of all of them might make Elf try to nerf them just to save him all that work :P

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: March 25, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »

hmm.

Maybe a Crafting skill for just lumping their stats (Save Damage/RES) together, but only they can use it since it takes 55 Hands to wield?

Like, Pile of weapons crafting, or Craft Armory.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: March 25, 2016, 06:59:07 pm »

That could work. Or just saying that they mass produce patapon-sized versions of that stuff but can't make any more without access to it, so you just amplify the equipment effects treating it as if you filled all their slots with copies of it.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: March 25, 2016, 07:05:08 pm »

That is actually the flavor for it, is that if one of them uses a weapon long enough, imitators come in the next Batch of Donchaka with properly sized ones who know how to use them.

So at 5 extra slots, (50 health later) they are going to start condensing slots somehow, plenty of time to come up with how this is done.

As for the summons, I'll probably only get 1 every 3 plots, depending on any number of factors. So plenty of time to make their sheets pretty enough to not hurt his eyes.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: March 25, 2016, 07:09:12 pm »

hey tbf
remember that starwars character

made of metal should scale
whispers of the force seems really anemic, as emp would put it, especially compared to everything else
what the hell does jetpack droid do excluding fluff

parry dodge block seems too regenerative, and it'll become near-impenetrable if you level it up a mere two more times; its basically kinetic shell's athletic cousin
at least make it so it doesn't regenerate back to full every damn turn
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: March 25, 2016, 07:10:15 pm »

Okay, so what we're going to want to do is make a stopover at a military facility at the end of the Cold War, steal a nuclear weapon and its delivery mechanism without causing an international incident, equip it to the Donchaka tribe, and wait 5 more Levels until we have our own little nuclear-armed state! :D

parry dodge block seems too regenerative, and it'll become near-impenetrable if you level it up a mere two more times; its basically kinetic shell's athletic cousin
Quick! Nerf it! See if nerfing 6AR is as beneficial as nerfing Alanis! :D

Wait, what do you mean by a damage roll, Fish? As in, for say, a 2d6 that rolled a 7, would 1 point of Dodge turn it into a 6? Or turn the roll itself into a 1d6?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:15:52 pm by Empiricist »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: March 25, 2016, 07:29:32 pm »

Or just get a fatman.

Fallout plot when?

EDIT* I strongly considered giving them the Phazon Cannon, but I assume Twinking is frowned upon.

Also, who runs Aesford again? I have an idea for a villain/character from his world, and wanted to Pm him the idea.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:33:16 pm by Shadestyle »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: March 25, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »

Well, he's one of the other characters that isn't extremely anime but is still really quirky. So TCM, obviously :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: March 25, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »

Okay, so what we're going to want to do is make a stopover at a military facility at the end of the Cold War, steal a nuclear weapon and its delivery mechanism without causing an international incident, equip it to the Donchaka tribe, and wait 5 more Levels until we have our own little nuclear-armed state! :D

Quick! Nerf it! See if nerfing 6AR is as beneficial as nerfing Alanis! :D

Wait, what do you mean by a damage roll, Fish? As in, for say, a 2d6 that rolled a 7, would 1 point of Dodge turn it into a 6? Or turn the roll itself into a 1d6?
It's applied after the roll, so 7-1=6.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: March 25, 2016, 07:53:54 pm »

Woah, what's this about dodge? dodging is a complete chance to avoid damage all together unless Aoe....
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: March 25, 2016, 07:54:16 pm »

Shorthand.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: March 25, 2016, 07:55:13 pm »

Oh, then you may want to reword it to "subtract all attack damage" rather than "subtract all damage rolls". What is "Should any be left over, roll as normal." supposed to mean?
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1328