Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Resistence: The Awakening  (Read 3194 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Resistence: The Awakening
« on: October 28, 2015, 01:31:52 pm »

Spoiler: Genisis Meteor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Please Note That you can make an action on the very same turn in which your character enters the game.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:11:59 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Resistence: Era Of Death, Magic, and Natzis
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 02:03:38 pm »

Name: Karl Schneider
Magic Affinity: Beer Magic
Character Alignment: Good

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 02:07:23 pm »

Name: Yhaesimir Khraine
Magic Affinity: Nuclear Radiation
Character Alighnment: Bad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:09:39 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:55:12 pm »

It doesn't make sense to have an ungerman unjapanese name in a Nazi world so
-1 to Salsacookies

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 04:10:06 pm »

Oh. Did I forgot too mention Multiplayer?

Also. Actions are based on a standard D6 but potency and luck for magic are also rolled. And references to WW2 and Cold War may result in role bonuses
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:20:31 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 04:30:47 pm »

but the cold war never happened?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 07:12:03 pm »

It's 500 years in the future. Languages evolve. My name sounds Eastern European enough
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 07:42:02 pm »

but the cold war never happened?

There are 2 in power subgroups within Atlas, the Japanese, and the Nazis, the latter of which I finally spelled correctly.

Sure they cooperate under the disguise of 1 nation but they don't trust each other. This is the Atlas timeline cold war
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:43:37 pm by star2wars3 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

Turn 0: The Set-up (Shaken, Not Stirred Vs. Crunchy on the Outside, Soft and Chewy on the Inside)
With the coming of the Genesis meteor, A series of changes began, starting with the very nature of the Earth and the emergence of people with
new and unpredicatable powers. Powers which the good, the bad and the ugly would use to gain power and fortune. And first among all those who would try
came 2 pioneers, both hungry for victory.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karl Schneider: Many would not look twice at this man but for his skill in brewery. It was said that none could brew a finer beer nor out-drink him. Those that disputed this fact often found themselves passed out in a river with severe alcohol poisoning. Oh, and a word of advise. Never publicly help an Atlas supporter in front him or you may find yourself very dead very quickly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yhaesimir Khraine: One of the staunchest Atlas supporters, Khraine found much pleasure in showing people how a microwave worked. Granted, often those people turned out to be burnt on the outside and raw on the inside but when your a member of the Atlas Security Squad, you have to many people to kill in one day to focus on making every murder perfect.
Possible actions (Here is the basic moveset):
1. move (remember to choose a direction).
2. Concentrate magic bursts (basically essences(can be used to buff rolls/spells))
3. Cast a magic spell
4. A combination. Please note that u get a -1 for each additional roll taken
so 1st action has  a 0 debuff,
2nd action has a -1 debuff,
3rd action has a -2 debuff,
etc.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Resistence: Era Of Death, Magic, and Nazis
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 02:55:18 pm »

ATLAS OUTPOST BLACK SUN: COMMULINDE-EAST EUROPE

The Yhaesimir of Commulinde takes a seat within his office, which surrounds the Genesis Meteorite. He looks out his window to a dismal downpour, lit up by grey clouds and lightning.

Rebel POWs are the workforce of this base, and their current job is to dig up the meteorite. Khraine, in a pique of whimsy, Opened the window, and blasted forth from his hand a bolt of radiation to strike an unlucky prisoner, to see what would happen.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:57:50 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Resistence: Era Of Death, Magic, and Nazis
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 08:56:29 pm »

Begin brewing revolution inspiring brew of wheat beer.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Resistence: Welcome to Class
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 05:17:11 pm »

Turn 1: Welcome to Class
Rtd: [2]
Pot: [5]
Cmp: [2]

Down on his luck, Karl Schneider had recently been caught by Atlas Security Squad and was now residing in the re-education camp, Black Sun, often times nicknamed Auschwitz 7. On the bright side, maybe he could get his fellow prisoners to rebel with the right motive...

Schneider tried his hand at making a brew that would kindle the spark of hope and the spirit of revolution in his fellow. As for what turned out, the less said about it the better. Schneider summoned a large keg filled with something which upon being tasted was said to bring all of his fellow inmates  to tears of sorrow at having ever tried the brew.

Rtd: [4]
Pot: [3]
Cmp: [6]

Yhaesimir Khraine was in quite a good mood(aka, Lets murder people to keep me happy) Not to be confused with his bad mood (aka, Lets murder people because you made me unhappy). Project meteor was proceding as planned. Soon he could have all the prisoners executed at Black Sun. That is, once those lazy prisoners finished.

Kraine sent a moderate stream of gamma ray particles towards one of the prisoners who was excavating at an especially slow speed. Direct hit!! But unfortunately that increased the radiatioactivity of the meteor to a dangerous level. Oh well. It sucks to be a slave, ahem, student paying for their re-education in Atlas.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:19:12 pm by star2wars3 »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 05:30:21 pm »

Name: Calva Mawiew Dutariik

Magic Affinity: Pyromancy

Character Alighnment: Neutral

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »

Name: Calva Mawiew Dutariik

Magic Affinity: Pyromancy

Character Alighnment: Neutral

Character accepted. By the way. Feel free to add in a first action for your character. If you do that you'll be able to join the game in 1 turn rather than 2ish.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 06:15:14 pm »

Calva would be in an alley, drinking some vodka alone. He would try to keep out of sight, but he suddenly hears a distinctive sound of some pedestrians. Some bimbo and a jock looking guy, nothing he couldn't handle. He pulls up his hood from his grey sweater and pops the collar from his black trench coat. Calva walks to up to the couple, palms pointed at them. "Give me all your ration coupons, now."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4