Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136597 times)

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2015, 03:29:46 pm »

Ooh, I keep forgetting that. Maybe I'll go feud with Tor Graves or something, then.

Also, Tor Vanhalen. I like it.

Those are both small and weak. I would advise against abusing that kind, because there is always someone bigger and meaner than you that may take their pains.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2015, 03:37:45 pm »

Well, Tor Graves started it.

The Tor Vanhalen thing is because I just realised Reelya has a clan of his own, i.e. Tor Vanhalen.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2015, 05:23:26 pm »

There's a player on the north shore to the far west, Harwick family. The guy is very much a noob. He was repeatedly attacking settlements to kill the militia off rather than mobilizing. Kinda feel bad for him. I took the militia away then moved on. He's certainly not a threat like some of the existing players who are expanding so I left him alone with his settlements.

I'd help him out, but I'm not sure what type he is, the type who gets assistance and then becomes an important ally or the type who springboards with your help then backstabs ... still he could be a good player to take under a wing later, but i'm going to establish a strong foothold here before I parlay with any unknown players.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:25:38 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2015, 05:31:35 pm »

<double post>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:48:20 pm by Reelya »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2015, 07:48:55 pm »

This looks interesting. I played Battlemaster for a couple years before they closed Western Dwilight and pretty much ended all the work I had done. I'd be interested in getting involved in some B12 realm if there is one going on.

EDIT: Well, I got in as Alysandyr Keraunos. I'll fill everything out tomorrow because it's 2 am here. This should be fun.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:08:59 pm by Glloyd »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #380 on: November 17, 2015, 08:15:44 am »

This looks interesting. I played Battlemaster for a couple years before they closed Western Dwilight and pretty much ended all the work I had done. I'd be interested in getting involved in some B12 realm if there is one going on.

EDIT: Well, I got in as Alysandyr Keraunos. I'll fill everything out tomorrow because it's 2 am here. This should be fun.

Awesome! Good luck, the game is dense and right now quite difficult.

I have made contact with so many people. So many. Bluarian, if you can persuade the Hightowers to swear to you it'd be fantastic, same for Reair. There are still a ton of loose nobles, and if we can scoop 'em up we may have a chance yet.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2015, 08:49:40 am »

I hadn't realized what a hate-on Tom has for free accounts until I went back and looked through the message board archives for where they decided it was such a good idea that free accounts wouldn't be able to found their own realms. Some of the initial ideas would have made me walk immediately, such as free accounts being limited to 50 troops max, or unable to be assigned to any position in a realm.

Ah well, it's not the end of the world, but my characters in the west are going to see who shows up on their doorstep and try to join whatever local power as a combined duchy.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:39 am »

I hadn't realized what a hate-on Tom has for free accounts until I went back and looked through the message board archives for where they decided it was such a good idea that free accounts wouldn't be able to found their own realms. Some of the initial ideas would have made me walk immediately, such as free accounts being limited to 50 troops max, or unable to be assigned to any position in a realm.

Ah well, it's not the end of the world, but my characters in the west are going to see who shows up on their doorstep and try to join whatever local power as a combined duchy.

Well, there's a B12 thing going on as the Children of Armok. From what I gather, we're moving to the west to set up something. I dunno exactly, I just started, but I'm sure you could join in.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 17, 2015, 09:53:29 am »

Harwick guy took over one of my Cacame claims (well, Cacames wife Nemo), then sent me a message (that's the first contact between us) that it was his land by right and he had the Children of Armok backing him up. Implying I better be quaking in my boots because all of you are coming for me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:04:59 am by Reelya »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2015, 09:56:21 am »

Harwick guy took over one of my Cacame claims (well, Cacames wife Nemo), then sent me a message (that's the first contact between us) that it was his land by right and he had the Children of Armok backing him up. Implying I better be quaking in my boots because all of you are coming for me.
Much bahaha.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2015, 10:17:51 am »

Hehe. First I've heard of it...

Andrew Calinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2015, 11:52:29 am »

Hello everyone! I heard there was a bunch of M&F discussion goin on over here and thought, "I wonder what they're talking about?" so I came by.

If it's not obvious from the user name, I play Andrew Calinus, the guy that seems to have some sort of authority in the Grand Fate (which is weird, and not how it was designed, but whatever!). I also play Vanessa Calinus in Ascalon, Evelyn Calinus in Rathgar, and Anysia "Ara" Tolmiras in Hawks, as main characters.

Beyond that, I'll do my best to swing by here as I can to answer any questions I see asked that no one else has gotten the correct answer for, as well as giving some general statements on things, based on my having played the game since before it's public launch last year. For those curious, I've lost more of my life to DF and BM (Tom's previous main game) than I care to admit, so I'm not giving you numbers.

This is not the first game Tom has made, and he's approached it a lot more as a commercial entity than a hobby game, in stark contrast with a number of his other projects. He wanted it to be something he could develop full time, and unfortunately, it didn't take off like he'd hoped.

Anything in regards to lords being nit picky on what you do/say right off the bat

They suck. Go find a better liege and come kick their face later when you're all powerful I say!

We were talking about how to get the food surpluses needed to build the really big cities. What I said in terms of that is definitely the correct way to look at things in the long term - you want to fire any farmer who doesn't produce at least his own feed. Sure, you could technically have more people than this in the village, but you're going to be shipping less food out to the big city.

Food production, well, most resources really, work on something of a curve for workers:production. Food is noticeable because it's the most consumed resource in the game. All estates have a specific optimum amount for farmers:food, above this they still produce more food, just with a diminishing return, while below it they produce less food as the farmers can't work that much more land. Adding one person to a city of 9000, will produce more food. It'll just be so small an amount as to not be registered. Think, like multiple zeroes after the decimal point small. The same logic applies to every resource except wealth.

As for stockpiling, food CAN be stockpiled, but I do not honestly believe it worth the time and hassle you'd have to go through to do it. Reason being, the population fluctuates based on the food income and food available. Food available fluctuates based on construction projects, militia count, training count, the number of entourage you have, the number of entourage anyone else in the region has, and, oh yeah, all those soldiers marching through your region.

Once you get a larger estate, in the 3000+ range, weird stuff starts to happen with food. Weird stuff like dedicated 40% of the population on building projects, and only having a net food loss of 190-ish.

If you export food, the population fluctuates towards it's equilibrium point where food available equals the food consumed. Likewise, if you import food, the same thing happens.

I can go more indepth on how the resource system works when I have a bit more time, if you'd all like. Or the majority of other mechanics, for that matter. For now though, I'm going to call it a night.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #387 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:13 pm »

Not talking about much, mostly. Trying to attract attention, occasionally getting angry at something, extensively optimising... mostly stuff you'd expect from a group of people attracted by a management game and a forum gaming community. :P

Appreciate the veteran experience. Ehndras and Ratharing are the only long-term players here at the moment, AFAIK.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2015, 01:33:37 pm »

Appreciate the veteran experience. Ehndras and Ratharing are the only long-term players here at the moment, AFAIK.

I've been playing for a few months, and Ehndras a little bit less than me. Now Calinus has been around for years, since the game opened I think, and is the host of the game's wiki. I must concede the seniority to him without a second thought. Take his word over mine.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »

I've been playing for a few months, and Ehndras a little bit less than me. Now Calinus has been around for years, since the game opened I think, and is the host of the game's wiki. I must concede the seniority to him without a second thought. Take his word over mine.

Given most everyone else in the thread's only been playing since after the thread's inception, that makes you a veteran. :P

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 96