Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136458 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Though you have to find someone who's willing to trade and not just roll on through with an army. Where I'm playing, we're getting the armed forces organized. I'm not sure what's normal in other realms, but my division can muster 1,500 men if called up in force.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2015, 03:29:46 pm »

How are you meant to get that first foothold in the game if you start as a landless knight? Right now, i have one character who's independent and I'm trying to travel him to an unoccupied area. But it won't let me path over the border from where I started. Do nations have border controls? So I got this character with no money and no troops, who can't go anywhere or doing anything. My goal with him is to create a small independent duchy in the unoccupied area, then ally it with someone, probably Ascalon.

I also have a pair of characters that are related to that guy and have signed up as knights with Ascalon. I could probably use their starting troops to help my other guy out, but I'd rather have him do all that he can independently, so as not to misuse the troops I've been given and create a bad reputation.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:32:59 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2015, 03:55:47 pm »

Actually, I've kinda had it with this game already. I'm getting the impression you have to be some RP-wankers bottom-bitch to get any foothold in this game at all, and that totally sucks. I tried signing up with two different lieges and they were both a-holes about it, even though I tried to communicate with both of them and ask for advice. I have honestly never come across a game that's more hostile to starting out players as the "experience" of trying to get the very most basic start in this game.I kinda get the impression that this game has it's heirarchy and they're not helpful to new players at all.

Well, I'm out. I killed all my characters. I don't have time to deal with snarky fucktards just to play some game.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:02:29 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2015, 04:05:01 pm »

If the unoccupied area is darker on the map, it's one of the parts that got closed off while the game had less players, which is why it's impenetrable. With any luck, Tom'll open it back up at some point.

The slumberblighted region I mentioned is where I'm trying to get a hook in as an independent.

Pseudoedit: yep, starting out does suck if you don't have a good place. It's also very easy to troll, which hasn't helped anything.

Don't really blame you for jumping ship.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2015, 04:16:19 pm »

Well, I might make another account in the future. But *only* if it's in a nation with bay12 leadership. So if any of you get a foothold, or need help getting a foothold, let me know.

Honestly though I don't think this game has quite the winning formula for getting more players in the long term however.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:30:27 pm by Reelya »

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

The game def isn't for everybody. To get anywhere you're going to have to be something of a bitch to more powerful players, kinda how feudalism works.

I find that the island kingdoms are much kinder than the mainland, if you want to try again.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2015, 04:45:20 pm »

The game def isn't for everybody. To get anywhere you're going to have to be something of a bitch to more powerful players, kinda how feudalism works.

I find that the island kingdoms are much kinder than the mainland, if you want to try again.

Well there were other ways. For example some kingdoms allows you to buy your station.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2015, 04:51:41 pm »

But you have to get some foothold first to even get any gold. Where's the opportunity to get any gold in the first place? You start with nothing and no way to make any money as far as I can see. Unless you become someone's slave.

Not sure if i'd play this again. If anything I'd probably join The Void and just roleplay a slobbering maniac while taking glee in messing up all the pompous "normal" countries.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:56:05 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »

But you have to get some foothold first to even get any gold. Where's the opportunity to get any gold in the first place? You start with nothing and no way to make any money as far as I can see. Unless you become someone's slave.

I am referring to real life not the game. Yeah the game just screws you over outright.

And buying stations only, generally happened, then the kingdoms coffers started to go low. Since, honestly, the stations were only arbitrary limits put on by the members of royalty.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2015, 05:00:16 pm »

Game wise, gold ain't really have much use beyond hiring mercenaries, which landless knights/small settlements can't reasonably afford.  Players with the bigger settlements seem to be saying they got too much and don't know what the hell they could do with it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2015, 08:08:09 pm »

Not sure if i'd play this again. If anything I'd probably join The Void and just roleplay a slobbering maniac while taking glee in messing up all the pompous "normal" countries.

I think that's a completely valid way of playing too, it's a very much make of it as you will type of game. And I think, perhaps you won't get the full experience of it if you don't enjoy roleplaying.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2015, 03:59:55 am »

Unless you become someone's slave.
Vassal is the right word.
The game's name is Might and Fealty, what did you expect? :P

Won't try to make you change your mind but could you please post those snarky messages from your ex-lieges? I'm curious if we actually have assholes in Ascalon or if you're just overreacting.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2015, 04:37:15 am »

I already mentioned I deleted my characters, so I don't have any log.

With the first liege, it's wasn't in Ascalon, and I sent him a message saying I'd joined up, and that I was new and asking what I should do, and he sent some weird response about how I hadn't properly introduced myself and stripped me of all the starting soldiers. I basically stopped right there, because I had no reason to get into a discussion/argument with the guy. With Ascalon, I signed up with one of the knights offers, and decided to take a look around at the kingdom message boards, before I started posting, because of what happened before, but then the king sent me some message about not wanting me to steal his soldiers or whatever and he also took the soldiers back. I'm kind of wondering why they make these knights offers if they're not even going to open a dialogue with people who select the offers. That was my third attempt at getting a start in the game. My first character didn't have a lord, and I basically got bored because I couldn't do any actions. No money, can't do anything at all.

So it's basically that the leaders are very arrogant and you have to supplicate yourself as someone's bitch to even get a start in the game. There's basically zero fun quotient here.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:48:22 am by Reelya »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2015, 05:45:04 am »

It depends on who you get, indeed. A lot of people are utter hardasses about everyone remaining in character, all the time, and no we won't talk to you about how to play this game, newbie.

I got lucky and my liege is fairly good about both explaining things and answering questions in an OOC discussion I set up for that purpose.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »

Ah, right... too bad new folk can't see any indication if someone is newbie friendly, hardcore RP or paranoid unless stated outright.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 96