Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136577 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1005 on: October 31, 2016, 10:46:46 pm »

Yeah I remembered. Yoka's knight Lioe has basically been baiting us with border skirmishes and raids, taking over unprotected towns then gutting them to send resources back to their main settlement, but hopping from town to town without defending them. It's quite clearly to goad us, so that Taka Francis could then cry foul and get the king to back him up. When no attack was forthcoming, he made one up involved Alexander duPhresne. But one of my characters recently ran into Alex in Suaralis area, so it seems unlikely he's taking time out to launch settlement attacks and looting and has a large army. Unless he can teleport.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:17:34 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 02, 2016, 12:14:55 am »

Hey there's a big war starting with Idraei. We could use some extra grunts logging in to hold some towns and create militia. Lot's of settlement opportunities both to the east as west of Armok areas.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1007 on: November 02, 2016, 12:17:04 am »

Well on the upside, the Queen of Xodor seems nice... I mean...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 02, 2016, 12:49:50 am »

Quick question: How do you tell if you're travelling or not?
Do you just click "set route" on the map/travel screen to depart, or is there more to it? That's what I did, but on my status screen it says I'm still inside a town. And do your soldiers automatically follow you?
I don't think this character is going to live very long at this rate. I also may have lied when I said "question", singular. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 02, 2016, 12:58:31 am »

Once you do set route it gives you the ETA, that's the sign that you've started. It takes a while til the game update when you actually move however.

Troops will follow only if they've been mobilized. militia = garrison, and each lord has a retinue.

BTW if your leading larger armies around, feeding them becomes important. Camp followers are recruited in towns (must have an inn), they can each carry 100 food. But they also eat 1 food per day. You want some, but too many. Insamegamer recommends <= 30 of them. By sitting your lord in a friendly city (it will say you can resupply there when you click on your entourage) you can recharge your followers food.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:06:37 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 02, 2016, 01:08:15 am »

Wait, mobilized? How do I do that? Actually I looked in my actions screen and it says I have no troops assigned, despite them showing up on my soldiers screen. Can't select myself in the list of people to assign them to, either. Perhaps I need to wait a bit longer after entering the game to be able to assign them/have them assigned to me? ???

Might cancel my travel for now just in case. Don't want to wander off without my troops.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 02, 2016, 01:18:35 am »

Well basic checklist.

- are you in a town?
- is it your town?
- what options does the town have?

Stay in the town until you're sure what's what, because traveling out then back in is slow.

As for the menus, you can ignore Status, Events, Messages, for now (though Status lets you rename your character or change your description), and "Politics" is for changing how you related to other characters and Realms. Only worry about "Actions" for now.

also, there's a little popup panel that shows on the right for how many soldiers you have. You click that to access them. It also itemizes what troop types you have in your character's profile, you click on the name where it says playing <Your Name>.

btw, use messages if you signed on via a knight's offer.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:27:07 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:25 am »

Yep, I've worked out most of the basics and been in contact with my liege.
My soldiers show up on said popup panel and on my character's page, just not in my actions screen.

Is the actions screen where the option to mobilize is supposed to show up? Guess I just need to wait a bit, probably.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 02, 2016, 01:46:57 am »

"Mobilize" is for removing the troops that are stationed in a town.

If they're in your character's info panel, they're your army, not part of the town. The town garrison is a single pool of troops. Each character also has their own troops which follow them around.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:49:27 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 02, 2016, 01:48:22 am »

Oh, okay! Crud I better get moving then. >.>
Thanks for the help!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:50 am »

Basically think of troops as being inventory items. Each town has a garrison, "mobilize" picks them up, puts them into the characters inventory.

"Set as militia" does the opposite from your army screen: drops them off in the town garrison. Just be aware, if you lack mobilize permissions, you can't get them back if you do this.

Although, there is a "reclaim" option for troops you gave away, but it locks your movement for days, modeling the idea of the troops traveling and reforming.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:52:45 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 02, 2016, 09:58:45 am »

How long does the "freshly arrived" status last after you start playing?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 02, 2016, 10:16:30 am »

That is when you just arrived in a city and your troops need time to get mustered properly. idk the exact formula, but I've seen it be less sometimes. I think it depends on your supplies. e.g. you probably have zero food carriers so your army is all out getting lunch. Whereas I just had a well-supplied army arrive in a disputed city and be able to launch attacks instantly.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:21:16 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 02, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

Surely it can't be that, I just marched to this city to attack it- I haven't entered it or anything.
Are you telling me my soldiers all nipped off and headed inside to grab a takeaway sandwich or some such before coming back out to form up for attack? ??? Besides, I had this same "You are freshly arrived and are currently establishing yourself" message on a lot of greyed-out options on the Actions screen before I started travelling, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 02, 2016, 03:46:26 pm »

Because you didn't bring any food, they're foraging or some shit.

Not having any supplies makes your force less effective in a bunch of little ways, but that includes when you started too I guess. Since I worked out how to supply armies better I can't recall when I saw the "establishing yourself" message.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:50:07 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 96