Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136575 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2016, 11:22:03 pm »

Reelya you could give a knight the power to trade and send him to march.

Hmm? I've been playing with permissions for a while now, it's never seemed to help. I just tested it with explicitly adding "manage trade" permissions on a settlement for a specific character. They still only get the option to trade from settlements they own directly.

The possible inefficiency of that sort of trade makes me cringe.

It's about getting metals for Children of Armok. "Other side of the map" is the only real option.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:26:38 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #991 on: October 29, 2016, 11:52:45 pm »

Reelya you could give a knight the power to trade and send him to march.

Trade permissions are, IIRC, one of the many things Tom put into the interface without ever actually implementing.

I have no idea what the political landscape looks like now, but there's metal in the mid West, near RASTOA.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 30, 2016, 12:03:55 am »

Ahah! So I was actually right back at the start when we colonized that area. I thought there must be some worthwhile resources in that big grey patch, but people pointed out it wasn't actually mountains, so I discounted the possibility.

All of that area is probably Duchy of Xodor inside Idraei now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:05:28 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #993 on: October 30, 2016, 12:18:45 am »

The problem is that metal is hit-or-miss. If you take over a settlement, you wont know if it produces metal or not until you have control. And there's no way of simply ditching the settlements if they're barren.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #994 on: October 30, 2016, 12:31:53 am »

Area east of the barrens, sorry Reelya. Think one of the towns got renamed to Flambardmawr.

If you have a prospector with you, you can tell the resources. Ratharing picked out that spot for the Black Road on that basis.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #995 on: October 30, 2016, 12:43:19 am »

Well my vassals/allies list is becoming increasingly complicated

At war with Mistheim
  Mistheim ruled by Caspian Flambard
Gwenys Flambard assisted Lu Bu in the RASTOA civil war.
  Gwenys is related to Caspian
  Gwenys has previously forcibly removed a mercenary of Bu's from a FOB
Sanaya Eltor, last of the Void
  From void not good for public relations
Lowlands
  Bu initially intended to drive the Lowlands from the West
  But now he's backed by the Lowlands
Children of Armok
  Slumbering
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 30, 2016, 01:26:28 am »

Ahah! So I was actually right back at the start when we colonized that area. I thought there must be some worthwhile resources in that big grey patch, but people pointed out it wasn't actually mountains, so I discounted the possibility.

All of that area is probably Duchy of Xodor inside Idraei now.

As the duchess of Xodor yeah it is more or less barren in that area. It is all shrubland that at best produces some wood.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 30, 2016, 01:47:43 am »

I had a look around, they probably mean that hilly area SE of you, inside Falconreach.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 30, 2016, 09:41:31 am »

Hey, just wanted to say sorry to ze Doctor. I had hoped to capture you, or your buddies' character, and take him to the Imperator, where he could work out a deal to keep the settlements. I just feel super bad now at how things turned out. EI needs vassals super bad, but the HoO always ends up being a bunch of jerks.

Every reported conversation with foreign nobles on domestic soil goes like this: "Hey, those lands are ours. You can keep them if you swear fealty to Martyn Lann." "*crickets*" "Are you ignoring me? I can see you started to train militia." "*tumbleweed*" "Have it your way. *attacks*" "YOU BULLY" "Ahhhhh, f**k you."

So from interactions like those, when HoO approaches Nobles like this it's basically just become 'Join or die', cause that way we don't waste time on waiting to realize we'll get ignored unless we lay the cards on the table. 9 times out of 10, those newbies have no intentions of joining EI.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:43:19 am by SaintofWar »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #999 on: October 30, 2016, 10:08:50 am »

Every reported conversation with foreign nobles on domestic soil goes like this: "Hey, those lands are ours. You can keep them if you swear fealty to Martyn Lann." "*crickets*" "Are you ignoring me? I can see you started to train militia." "*tumbleweed*" "Have it your way. *attacks*" "YOU BULLY" "Ahhhhh, f**k you."

That's how most conversations go, I sometimes feel. It's a large part of why I dropped this game. It's frankly mediocre as a wargame, and since a lot of people ignore the potential political parts, I can't find any real reason to keep playing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

I think the message system could be improved, separate out the bulk messages from personal communications, also have a thing where you can tell whether someone actually read the message

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 31, 2016, 03:20:11 am »

Hey Idraei's king is attacking Rastoa.

We will defend our existant claims.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:35:05 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1002 on: October 31, 2016, 03:27:06 am »

The Idraei queen came to Reweston to give Lu Bu a diplomacy message. Thing is though, I don't know who it was from Idraei who was doing all the looting to us, and the Queen is saying something about a rampant RASTOA noble.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 31, 2016, 03:33:42 am »

My only knowledge is of this one town Thyrailva (currently renamed) which was invaded by Yoka without any prior communication or contact of any sort.

Lioe of Yoka invaded Thyrailva, which was already claimed by RASTOA, then moved to invade another Rastoa town called Cassailock, but ran away when I moved troops there. Meanwhile, I peacefully reclaimed Thyrailva, but spun it off to a new gent who renamed it. Now Lioe is attacking my forces which were purely arrayed in a defensive posture.

So that's the situation. At this stage I've taken purely defensive measures, and have not actually launched physical attacks against Lioe, even when they were inside my settlements trying to take over. Reclaiming my own settlement after they moved away was the only "hostile" act.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:50:08 am by Reelya »

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 31, 2016, 05:41:56 pm »

Yoka is the county I was speaking of earlier. The count is clearly power hungry and has gotten the king to think that in order to defend his realm an offensive must be done.
I will try to convince him otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96