Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136562 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1035 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »

Brekka's the other spot I was going to recommend, but I have some Tor Graves areas that need to be activated too. Someone could cram 9 towns in there, Tor Kortaur also could hold 9.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 03, 2016, 03:48:00 pm »

Ah heh, looks like new characters aren't allowed to start in independent settlements like Brekka, but I can plop down somewhere in that area.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1037 on: November 03, 2016, 03:54:18 pm »

If ye wanna plop yerself at Reweston, Lu Bu has some 170 light/medium infantry ready to go for the war effort. Alternatively in Sol/Chraringen/Luna where my character (currently the (elected) Prince of Asitet XD) is about to depart. He can give you some troops.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 03, 2016, 04:54:04 pm »

How long do armies last without food supplies? I know when I was starting the game, i never used camp followers, and never had an issue. but then again I never had more than ~30 guys at a time.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 03, 2016, 07:49:57 pm »

Soldiers basically forage if you don't bring food along.  I don't have any numbers, but reckon a small force can self-sustain. 

Had a force of 150-ish, they started to starve in... I think 3 days.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1040 on: November 03, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »

It depends. If your moving through mountains with no camp followers providing food? You're fucked, don't expect many to survive.
If your moving over grasslands plains with an army of 530, you're OK. But bring camp followers anyway. Always good to have 30 or so guys stocked with 100 food.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 03, 2016, 08:55:37 pm »

Kek, I had a great idea. I have this one throaway knight (gotta love paid accounts) who's got a prisoner, he's taking him down south through Ascalon for a little joyride.

As long as he fails to escape, I'm looking for someone who'd like to take the prisoner and "do the deed", in a manner that's going to make Taka Francis' eyes pop out. either someone from Ascalon or Artos Flambard.

EDIT: And also, seriously how the hell is Brogus still alive and has three territories? I made that guy as a gag then had him run around annoying the enemies with barely any troops. He should be dead, not on the path to conquering their border territories. These enemies are useless, they've had multiple opportunities to knock him off. Don't worry guys, Rastoa and Xodor can live on as duchies in the Brogus Empire.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:12:56 pm by Reelya »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 03, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »

Also, any experienced troops will be invaluable later in the campaign. If you withdraw them to Reweston, Lu Bu has enough chainmail there to outfit 70 soldiers with it.

It seems it would take about 27 days to venture out to Reweston from where I am. As much as I would like to provide some support, I don't think it'd be viable for me to make such a journey.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 03, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »

Were you the one in Farran Marches?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 03, 2016, 09:20:26 pm »

BTW armok kingdom is pretty close to being wiped unless we get reinforcements pretty soon. Hope some other people join the battle real soon or this thing is fubar.
My current character (started with a knighthood offer) is on the other side of the world covering himself in glory as if it was cheap cologne, but I definitely want to start an Armok character at some point. I guess I'll just ask the same question, where would be best to start?

I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but I'm getting there. Also good grief, claiming towns takes a while. Longer than the battle itself.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 03, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »

Well you got two options, you can drop in on top of my duchess Edda Vanhalen, sign up to her then take over three Tor Graves / Tor Norim cities nearby which are slumbering. I sorted an agreement out with the Tor people that let's me do that.

The other option is in Tor Kortaur, but those cities completely vacant and probably have shit infrastructure, and you really should sign onto the Tors if you're going to do that otherwise you just look like a random bozo who jumped int behind their lines and started looting instead of an ally who got permission to take over.

The advantage of the first is that you will start with three rocking cities that can produce quality troops, instead of probably a patch of dirt than can't even produce sticks to hit people with until months from now.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:25:45 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1046 on: November 04, 2016, 01:58:47 am »

Ugh, for some reason I can't swear fealty from one character to another. Both inside the city, within interaction range. Is there some dumb limitation I didn't know about?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:02:08 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 04, 2016, 02:04:40 am »

Yeah, the one you swear to has to be a landholder.

Btw our war's starting to look up, actually. we perhaps over-estimated how developed the other guys were.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1048 on: November 04, 2016, 02:21:32 am »

Awh man. How am I supposed to rebuild a kingdom at unreasonable speeds, then? :P

Thanks for reminder.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 04, 2016, 02:30:21 am »

A challenger appears. We're going to have a new fun battle report soon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:34:16 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 96