Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30266 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2015, 07:31:23 am »

Mutate our local levies with the dark magicks hidden in painfruit

((And I CONTINUE to take actions that CANNOT POSSIBLY GO WRONG :P

Also, I suppose I should thank penguin for stopping me from getting eaten by portal))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »

Winter. Final turn.

Darius decides that now is the perfect time to get the king drunk.
{6} - The dwarf brings King Mermaid some booze. She greedily drinks, and quickly starts hitting on him. Then she vanishes :(

Locke attempts diplomacy (or dies with the last military forces).
{4} - Locke watches the king vanish, then goes out to attempt diplomacy with the rebels ...

Sir Mangrove wishes for the king to be teleported here (and possibly Asha and <CLASSIFIED>, if she could).
{5} - Not being content to find the City of Gold, but to wish for others to join him?
She considers for several long moments, then relents that his intentions are pure.

The king, High Priestess Asha, and <CLASSIFIED>, are teleported into the City of Gold. They are all welcome to stay as long as they wish, but will never again find the city should they leave.

Arghl Nooo tries to find the legendary City of Gold.
{4} - He has no idea where to even begin looking for the mythical city. Still, he uses magic to slip through the rebel lines, and begins the search.

Hobnob sacrifices the high priestess to close the portal.
{5}
Asha prays for protection.
{4}

A small scuffle ensues. Hobnob easily captures the unresisting priestess, and laughs at her prayers for protection. She then vanished as he was reaching for the sacrificial knife.

<CLASSIFIED> protects the priestess.
{3} - The assassin tried to act as a bodyguard, but was dismissed during her meditations. He would have freed her, but then was teleported.

Slaughtersoul uses painfruit to mutate the local levies.
{2} - Unfortunately, he can't find any painfruit. The granary they were supposedly in appears to have melted.

Locke sallies forth, leading the last of the levies and the berserkers from Undermoon. The rebels greatly outnumber his forces, are happily accept his surrender.

The rebels take the castle. {5} - Darius sneaks out easily.
{3} Hobnob is caught off guard, and takes minor injuries. He teleports away.
{5} Slaughtersoul kills everyone who enters the castle. He gets bored when they stop coming.
{6} The eldritch portal inverts the castle. Slaughersoul manages to escape just in time, then cuts his way through the confused and panicked rebel lines while falling back from the things now pouring through the portal.

In the end, the area around the capital is lost. The rebels have a perimeter around it, and more-or-less keep it contained.

For now, it is not a threat to the world.

Locke gets a quiet job writing about liberalism.

Slaughtersoul returns to his dark masters, and becomes a powerful general for the forces of evil.

Hobnob goes off to study more secrets of necromancy. He then founds a bank.

Arghl Nooo eventually gives up on finding the City of Gold, and spends time exploring ancient ruins, finding a few powerful artifacts.

Darius returns to dwarven society, living poor in wealth but rich in spirits.

Sir Mangroove, Priestess Asha, <CLASSIFIED>, and the king, live quite happily in the City of Gold. The king takes up gardening.

<CLASSIFIED> even eventually reveals his name! It's

It's officially over. I didn't abandon it. Success!

If anyone else wants to use this world in a sequel, or create a re-do of the scenario, feel free. I don't expect to do so.

If I were to run this sort of game again, I think I'd aim for a deeper character focus, with defined character abilities and growth, and set it in a world based off of Disney's Aladdin. Think of it: An ancient city, surrounded by sands that constantly uncover or hide ancient ruins. Some players could be like Jafar, leveraging the kingdom's resources into finding more artifacts or magic lore (while trying to gain more political power to leverage into more ruin searching). Throw in some princes/princesses, trying to secure their own succession while improving the kingdom, a guildmaster or two, and maybe a loyal captain of the guard or other position loyal to the sultan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »

Roll to disbelieve the sudden ending.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2015, 06:37:42 pm »

I am unprepared to take this game in the direction of "Advisers to a mermaid gardener in the City of Gold."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »

Aww.
It'd be hilarious though...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2015, 07:08:48 pm »

I am unprepared to take this game in the direction of "Advisers to a mermaid gardener in the City of Gold."

I will see Locke being show the true king hidden all along the king come into play.

It was sad see that never happen and would make interesting  twist on this story.

Maybe I should make the Sqeual about that, That locke was the child that was promise

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2015, 07:09:50 pm »

... Please no.  Please, no.
Sigtext

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2015, 07:11:17 pm »

... Please no.  Please, no.

.... Why?

I mean way the dice will rolling and how locke sudden became man that fight the rebel

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2015, 07:40:11 pm »

Obviously, instead of this weak ending, a adventurer and his army invade the realm! Soon, the rebels are defeated, and the guy installs his idiotic younger brother and makes off with most of the rebels to sell them into slavery! But not before sacking the city of gold, and forcing the advisors to start up their jobs again!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 18, 2015, 08:00:00 pm »

Obviously, instead of this weak ending, a adventurer and his army invade the realm! Soon, the rebels are defeated, and the guy installs his idiotic younger brother and makes off with most of the rebels to sell them into slavery! But not before sacking the city of gold, and forcing the advisors to start up their jobs again!
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 18, 2015, 08:23:21 pm »

There's going to be hardly any population left if you do that. I think you're mostly left with those who were too old to fight, and the child slaves.

I didn't make this clear, but the entrance to the City of Gold is magical, hidden, and teleports around. (The city was also supposed to have time running at a different rate, but I think I messed that up at some point.)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2015, 08:28:19 pm »

Well, thats not going to stop a group of adventurers! Probobly got a quest to do so, and also might of just enslaved the nobility, and most of the townsfolk. no common village peasent will be so educated to pose a threat to the new regiem!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2015, 08:28:49 pm »

Roll for it?
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »

This thread is now an orphan. You want it, go ahead.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 18, 2015, 09:02:41 pm »

Poketwo?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24